Monday, November 02, 2009
1) Make it to the gym before school - YES!!! For a wonderful hour long workout. Maybe this will become a more regular habit, especially now that it's light when I wake up for the gym.
2) Drink three Siggs at school - YES. One on the way, 1.5 at school, and another one on the way home. More at dinner and more on the way to drop off my car. Definitely got my 8 cups in.
3) No butter on my bagel - YES. Didn't notice a difference, so I'm going to continue the no-butter bagel.
4) Bring home a doggie bag - YES. It's just dessert, but it's something and it kept me from eating WAY too much dessert (and I'm a sucker for dessert).
Was pretty good at dinner tonight, I suppose. Had lots of water, not many fries, and chicken instead of ground beef at a burger place. This is life and I'm not going to get bent out of shape. I just need to make the best choices I can. I *did* however ask for a box with my dessert and promptly put about 75% of my dessert right in the box. They were cheesecake "Xangos" - like a chimichanga - with ice cream and strawberries. The ice cream was quite enough so I didn't have to eat all the cheesecake. I was very proud of myself for that choice. I even left two spoonfuls of ice cream on my plate because I was stuffed. I listened to my body and stopped eating when I was full.
So what's going to happen tomorrow?
1) Drink a Sigg on the way to school, at school, and on the way home from school. It's an in-service day and we're going for coffee after our meeting. I'm going to stick with either a hot tea or a cafe au lait.
2) Go to Pilates tomorrow night.
3) Work on my classwork for at least half an hour. (Short time, I know, but I need to start small here.)
Off to get lunch together for tomorrow...
Sunday, November 01, 2009
October was a blah month for me. I didn't get to the gym as much as I would have liked to, and I *know* that I snacked too much, didn't drink enough water, and didn't keep my goals in sight. Yesterday I was very blah and I didn't feel like doing much of anything. I had to drag my rear to the gym and ended up only doing 20 minutes of swimming. Better than nothing, but not good enough for me.
So I don't know if it's the time change or what, but today was totally different. I went to the gym on my own will and was really excited to go. I wrote a paper and didn't grumble about it. I dropped stuff off at Goodwill that had been sitting around for months. I tracked ALL my food and drank ALL my water. I made an amazing dessert with only 182 calories in a serving. And it's damn good - Apple Custard Pie. It even tastes better than the 325 calorie chocolate chip cookies I made a couple weeks ago.
At the grocery store today, I looked at all the labels and stayed away from weird ingredients. My salad dressing is all natural with no added sugar. The sweetness comes from fruit juice. Didn't get any crackers or cookies to snack on - even though I can hold myself to a serving, those calories take away from me having something even more delicious at dinner.
My fiance and I had lunch together today before work - he doesn't always eat at home, but today we had homemade vegetarian chili over elbow pasta. It was SO good and SO good for us. Even with the little dollop of sour cream, it was still pretty healthy. I even managed somehow to go go *under* my fat allowance today. Huh!
My hot tea tonight has honey in it instead of sugar - I think I'm going to cut back on refined sugar and instead use honey or maple syrup to sweeten my food.
I have all my outfits picked out for the entire week! What a relief. It allows me to enjoy my shower time in the morning.
Tomorrow a friend is going to drive me home after dropping off my car for new tires. I told her I'd take her to dinner - don't know where we're going yet. I have to call her after I finish my blog. So that will determine some of my goals for tomorrow.
Goals for 11/2/09:
Wake up early and go to the gym before school. Since I won't have a car tomorrow night, I want to make sure I get a workout in tomorrow morning.
Drink three Siggs full of water at school. That makes up my 8 servings, so anything I drink at home is only adding to the goodness.
Eat my breakfast with no butter on my bagel. If I don't notice a difference, I will cut out the butter. If I notice I big difference in the taste/texture, the butter stays. Every little bit helps.
I will make some extra dinner for my honey for when he comes home from work. We are going to start cooking for each other more; our schedules are totally opposite and we don't see each other a lot during the week, so when we cook for each other it's really special for us to eat what the other has prepared. (Just realized that tomorrow I'm going out to eat, but I'll bring home a doggie bag. Making dinner will have to wait until Tuesday.)
Off to finish my tea and watch some more football!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
I'm waiting for the rain delay to end so I can watch the World Series. But until that happens, I will type some thoughts.
- Did a little 20 minute swim today. I just couldn't muster up any more laps. This week has been awful. My knee is still bugging me enough that I can't run, I am tired of it being pitch black when I wake up, and I just feel like laying on the couch. Blah. I need to get over this.
- Had a great time on my personal day in NYC yesterday. i LOVE walking around the city. I am really craving a more walkable/bike-able town. I'm getting tired of having to drive to get ANYwhere. My fiance feels the same way. We are thinking about some major changes soon.
- My new shoes and cardigan from my NYC day are super cute. Can't wait to wear them this week!
Off to have some hot tea.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
So I don't know if I'm making more out of this than I should... my elementary school's PTA is running a fundraiser at McDonalds. The teachers go and "work" there for a night and the school gets a certain percentage of the profits. While I want to help my school, I also feel very strongly about the whole fast food thing. I have really been learning a lot about food and eating right. Fast food is so un-healthy! And my school is a K-2 building; kids that young should be learning to eat fresh food!
I don't know whether I should just suck it up and go help at McDonalds, knowing that all night I will be thinking about what the kids and their parents are shoveling into their bodies, or if I should stay home and give a little extra money to the PTA. Fresh, healthy eating is an issue about which I feel very strongly...
Am I totally blowing this out of proportion?
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
This time of the year is really blah for me. I love the fall, but I don't like getting out of bed in the pitch black - it's a little after 7:00 and it's STILL pitch black - and I love bundling under the blanket when it's cold outside. Doesn't make for a very good gym routine. I managed to get there this past weekend, but yesterday it was just not happening. I came home and ate a little dinner, intending on going to the gym later on. But I got under the blanket and that was it. No gym last night. It's funny how my schedule has changed... I used to LOVE going to the gym later at night - 8:00, 8:30... but now I am really enjoying the gym right after school - 4:30 or 5:00ish.
I still love going to the gym, but I think I'm REALLY enjoying the feeling when I'm done and I can have the rest of the night to myself to relax or get work done. I think I'm going to try the after work thing consistently for a while and see if that perks me up a bit.
Happy Hump Day!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts