Friday, November 06, 2009
I've been blogging this week a lot about getting up early and going to the gym before school. I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on this, to see if it's sustainable.
Today is day 4 this week where I've gotten up early for the gym. Monday, Wed, Thurs, and today were all early morning alarms. However, Monday was the only day where I got eight hours of sleep before waking up. I tried seven hours, but eight seems to really do the trick. So next week I'm going to make sure I get eight hours in. Even thought that means going to bed around 9:00, it is well worth it for me.
I definitely feel a change. I measured myself this morning and have lost some inches. I am an a weight plateau, but I feel my tummy getting smaller, I feel muscles in my legs I didn't know I had, and my hammies are definitely getting stronger - one leg bridges on the ball are MUCH easier for me now than they were a month ago. Yay!
A little coffee before my workout makes it a little easier... I'm almost done with this cup and then off to the gym. Today is a little running and some upper body stuff.
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
So here goes.
1) Drink the Siggs - YES. I was peeing all day, but I drank a lot of water. As a result, I didn't snack all afternoon. Cafe au lait -YES. Even though the fall flavored coffees were oh-so-tempting, I didn't give in. I remembered seeing how many calories they had and decided that they just weren't worth it. Yay for me!
2) Pilates - YES. And my legs are killing me now, but in a good way.
3) Classwork - not 1/2 an hour, but YES I listened to my lecture for the evening.
My pants are fitting looser - yes, the size 8 non-stretch khakis I just bought are already fitting looser. Wahoo! Don't know if it's just my imagination, but I'll take it.
My Pilates class was so much easier tonight than it was last time I went! My work on my hammies at the chiropractor is paying off. So is the time I've been spending on my core and my balance. Going again on Thursday.
I already packed my lunch for tomorrow! Wahoo! It's so nice to be prepared.
1) Drink at least four Siggs of water throughout the day tomorrow.
2) Get up early and go to the gym. Monday was my first before-school workout and I LOVED it. I felt so energized and I loved having the evening to get lots done and then relax.
3) Play my piano when I get home from school. I used to love playing (it was my college major!), but I've gotten away from it. I have a beautiful piano from my grandmother that I need to play. Since I am exercising physically in the morning, piano can be my mental exercise in the afternoon.
4) Make homemade soup tomorrow night and leave enough for my honey for when he comes from work. Sweet potato, onion, garlic, curry, vermicelli, homemade chicken stock.... YUM and HEALTHY.
I think four is good. I felt really good these last two days because I did everything on my SP goals list. Wahoo!
Just re-read my blog and noticed that there were three "wahoo!"s in it. November is definitely looking better than October.
Monday, November 02, 2009
1) Make it to the gym before school - YES!!! For a wonderful hour long workout. Maybe this will become a more regular habit, especially now that it's light when I wake up for the gym.
2) Drink three Siggs at school - YES. One on the way, 1.5 at school, and another one on the way home. More at dinner and more on the way to drop off my car. Definitely got my 8 cups in.
3) No butter on my bagel - YES. Didn't notice a difference, so I'm going to continue the no-butter bagel.
4) Bring home a doggie bag - YES. It's just dessert, but it's something and it kept me from eating WAY too much dessert (and I'm a sucker for dessert).
Was pretty good at dinner tonight, I suppose. Had lots of water, not many fries, and chicken instead of ground beef at a burger place. This is life and I'm not going to get bent out of shape. I just need to make the best choices I can. I *did* however ask for a box with my dessert and promptly put about 75% of my dessert right in the box. They were cheesecake "Xangos" - like a chimichanga - with ice cream and strawberries. The ice cream was quite enough so I didn't have to eat all the cheesecake. I was very proud of myself for that choice. I even left two spoonfuls of ice cream on my plate because I was stuffed. I listened to my body and stopped eating when I was full.
So what's going to happen tomorrow?
1) Drink a Sigg on the way to school, at school, and on the way home from school. It's an in-service day and we're going for coffee after our meeting. I'm going to stick with either a hot tea or a cafe au lait.
2) Go to Pilates tomorrow night.
3) Work on my classwork for at least half an hour. (Short time, I know, but I need to start small here.)
Off to get lunch together for tomorrow...
Sunday, November 01, 2009
October was a blah month for me. I didn't get to the gym as much as I would have liked to, and I *know* that I snacked too much, didn't drink enough water, and didn't keep my goals in sight. Yesterday I was very blah and I didn't feel like doing much of anything. I had to drag my rear to the gym and ended up only doing 20 minutes of swimming. Better than nothing, but not good enough for me.
So I don't know if it's the time change or what, but today was totally different. I went to the gym on my own will and was really excited to go. I wrote a paper and didn't grumble about it. I dropped stuff off at Goodwill that had been sitting around for months. I tracked ALL my food and drank ALL my water. I made an amazing dessert with only 182 calories in a serving. And it's damn good - Apple Custard Pie. It even tastes better than the 325 calorie chocolate chip cookies I made a couple weeks ago.
At the grocery store today, I looked at all the labels and stayed away from weird ingredients. My salad dressing is all natural with no added sugar. The sweetness comes from fruit juice. Didn't get any crackers or cookies to snack on - even though I can hold myself to a serving, those calories take away from me having something even more delicious at dinner.
My fiance and I had lunch together today before work - he doesn't always eat at home, but today we had homemade vegetarian chili over elbow pasta. It was SO good and SO good for us. Even with the little dollop of sour cream, it was still pretty healthy. I even managed somehow to go go *under* my fat allowance today. Huh!
My hot tea tonight has honey in it instead of sugar - I think I'm going to cut back on refined sugar and instead use honey or maple syrup to sweeten my food.
I have all my outfits picked out for the entire week! What a relief. It allows me to enjoy my shower time in the morning.
Tomorrow a friend is going to drive me home after dropping off my car for new tires. I told her I'd take her to dinner - don't know where we're going yet. I have to call her after I finish my blog. So that will determine some of my goals for tomorrow.
Goals for 11/2/09:
Wake up early and go to the gym before school. Since I won't have a car tomorrow night, I want to make sure I get a workout in tomorrow morning.
Drink three Siggs full of water at school. That makes up my 8 servings, so anything I drink at home is only adding to the goodness.
Eat my breakfast with no butter on my bagel. If I don't notice a difference, I will cut out the butter. If I notice I big difference in the taste/texture, the butter stays. Every little bit helps.
I will make some extra dinner for my honey for when he comes home from work. We are going to start cooking for each other more; our schedules are totally opposite and we don't see each other a lot during the week, so when we cook for each other it's really special for us to eat what the other has prepared. (Just realized that tomorrow I'm going out to eat, but I'll bring home a doggie bag. Making dinner will have to wait until Tuesday.)
Off to finish my tea and watch some more football!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts