Saturday, November 07, 2009
I scheduled today as my rest day. My body really needed it. I got lots of cleaning done, little things on my to-do list got crossed off, and I did really well with eating - tomorrow morning is weigh-in so I didn't want to blow it today.
There was almost a disaster at lunch - I made spaghetti, and I grabbed a jar out of the cupboard that I thought was red pepper flakes. I turned it over and realized too late that it was cayenne. It was poured ALL OVER my spaghetti! I took it off the stove and put the tainted spaghetti in the colander and rinsed off the cayenne. Luckily it was concentrated in one area, so I could get most of it off. The little bit that was left added a nice hotness, but I'm glad I caught it when I did. Phew!
I am so excited - I'm sending the check tomorrow to pay off my car. Wahoo! I can't wait until I get the title!
Tomorrow is a little swimming and another day off from strength training. I have my week of workouts planned out along with most of my meals - the Holiday Maintenance Sparkteam goal for this week. I plan out what I'm going to wear the whole week, I might as well plan what I'm going to put *in* my body for the week, too! I'm going to make a giant batch of chili tomorrow to freeze - it usually lasts about a month. This afternoon I made some cornbread, so chili is just natural with that. The cornbread was super easy and it is delish. A little jelly and it's a perfect little dessert. And only about 175 calories in a (very big) piece. I stored it in very big pieces and half very big pieces so I know exactly how many calories I'm getting. I feel so in control! I used a recipe from a Moosewood cookbook - it used honey to sweeten instead of sugar. I love cooking from that cookbook because everything is so natural... I know exactly what I'm putting in my body. And often, cheese and other high-calorie ingredients are optional. Yogurt is used a lot instead of sour cream, and egg whites are used more than whole eggs.
Friday, November 06, 2009
I've been blogging this week a lot about getting up early and going to the gym before school. I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on this, to see if it's sustainable.
Today is day 4 this week where I've gotten up early for the gym. Monday, Wed, Thurs, and today were all early morning alarms. However, Monday was the only day where I got eight hours of sleep before waking up. I tried seven hours, but eight seems to really do the trick. So next week I'm going to make sure I get eight hours in. Even thought that means going to bed around 9:00, it is well worth it for me.
I definitely feel a change. I measured myself this morning and have lost some inches. I am an a weight plateau, but I feel my tummy getting smaller, I feel muscles in my legs I didn't know I had, and my hammies are definitely getting stronger - one leg bridges on the ball are MUCH easier for me now than they were a month ago. Yay!
A little coffee before my workout makes it a little easier... I'm almost done with this cup and then off to the gym. Today is a little running and some upper body stuff.
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
So here goes.
1) Drink the Siggs - YES. I was peeing all day, but I drank a lot of water. As a result, I didn't snack all afternoon. Cafe au lait -YES. Even though the fall flavored coffees were oh-so-tempting, I didn't give in. I remembered seeing how many calories they had and decided that they just weren't worth it. Yay for me!
2) Pilates - YES. And my legs are killing me now, but in a good way.
3) Classwork - not 1/2 an hour, but YES I listened to my lecture for the evening.
My pants are fitting looser - yes, the size 8 non-stretch khakis I just bought are already fitting looser. Wahoo! Don't know if it's just my imagination, but I'll take it.
My Pilates class was so much easier tonight than it was last time I went! My work on my hammies at the chiropractor is paying off. So is the time I've been spending on my core and my balance. Going again on Thursday.
I already packed my lunch for tomorrow! Wahoo! It's so nice to be prepared.
1) Drink at least four Siggs of water throughout the day tomorrow.
2) Get up early and go to the gym. Monday was my first before-school workout and I LOVED it. I felt so energized and I loved having the evening to get lots done and then relax.
3) Play my piano when I get home from school. I used to love playing (it was my college major!), but I've gotten away from it. I have a beautiful piano from my grandmother that I need to play. Since I am exercising physically in the morning, piano can be my mental exercise in the afternoon.
4) Make homemade soup tomorrow night and leave enough for my honey for when he comes from work. Sweet potato, onion, garlic, curry, vermicelli, homemade chicken stock.... YUM and HEALTHY.
I think four is good. I felt really good these last two days because I did everything on my SP goals list. Wahoo!
Just re-read my blog and noticed that there were three "wahoo!"s in it. November is definitely looking better than October.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts