Thursday, September 02, 2010
This will be short. I'm exhausted and I'd really like to be on the couch right now watching some football.
Drank tons of water today.
Went to the gym after school for a little TM and a stretch class.
Have been doing well with my new schedule.
Overall, sticking to my eating plan.
Not so good:
Tonight I went cereal crazy. I think at the end of the week, I need to just crash on the couch so I don't sit up and eat. I was SO hungry when I got home... need to work on this night time eating thing. This was a challenge for me last school year, too.
So the challenge for September will be to figure out how I can handle my Friday nights (tonight is like a Friday - we have a 4-day weekend). I like to come home, have an easy dinner, a glass of wine, and lie on the couch. Tonight after the gym, I just ate a ton. I think it was because I didn't plan too well... we'll see. It's a work in progress.
Eagles are on... couch! football! I LOVE LOVE LOVE football season. I think it's more the time of year it represents instead of the game, but either way, it's a great time of year.
Wednesday, September 01, 2010
Sometimes I have random sounds going through my head. I think it's from being an elementary music teacher... we are always making crazy sounds. So "doot doot doot" it is.
Haven't really thought about September goals yet... I think I'll wait until this weekend (it's a long weekend) to work on them. I have been focusing on my new routine and back to school, so I haven't really gotten a chance to plan any further ahead.
But some reflections on my first week back at school:
- Water has been GREAT. I am drinking so much water! Yahoo!
- Eating schedule is good so far. I've had one or two snacks during the day, a cup of hot tea after lunch so I don't eat anything else, and I've stayed within my calorie range this week. I am back to keeping an eye on nutrition - those snacks add up quickly.
- Morning workouts = an energetic Carrie. I have had so much energy, even at the end of the day, and it's thanks to my 6am workouts. I am going to continue the Monday Wednesday Friday morning thing and the Tuesday Thursday after-school thing - the good classes are on Tuesday and Thursday.
- My attitude is so positive. I don't ever feel like complaining about my job - last year it was so easy for me to complain about stuff, but I don't even feel like it. I really really love my job and I am very lucky to be at a place I love.
- I have really made an effort to get everything done that I have to get done BEFORE i go to the couch. As soon as I hit the couch, I call it a night. I don't want to start the "I'll just do it tomorrow morning" thing. I like sitting with my coffee too much and getting my morning workouts in to add something else to my morning time.
More specific goals to come. I am going to add in some new classes at the gym and start training for a race in the fall (just a 5K).
Off to put the tomato sauce in the freezer... tomatoes are slowly dwindling, but they are still taking over the kitchen.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
I am a dork - I LOVE when the new gym schedule comes out. The last week of the month I am like a hawk looking out for the new schedule. Well today was the day. I went to yoga and spotted the September schedule. I made a beeline for it. Later I am going to highlight the classes I want to take. ha!
So September is going to be filled with kickboxing, power yoga, stretch class, and something called "Intensity." The schedule looks GREAT so I'm super excited!
I got a compliment from one of the kindergarten teachers today (the male!). He said "it really looks like you slimmed down." And here I was thinking nothing happened over the summer. Yahoo!
- drank a ton of water
- stuck to the eating plan (I'm getting used to my schedule. It's tough, but it will be very good for me.)
- was positive
- had an awesome kindergarten class. I LOVE teaching kindergarten music - it's my favorite grade to teach. I think if I had to teach a different class, it would be kindergarten.
- Wore a fun sweater with some boats on it. I got lots of compliments on it - it's definitely staying in the rotation. (it's not full of cheesy boats - yes, I teach elementary school, but I refuse to wear shirts/dresses/jumpers with cartoon characters or weird motifs. I'll save that for when I'm old.) It's one of those Talbots sweaters... I guess Talbots is a little "old" (is it?) but I think I can rock the boat sweater. I also have a cardigan with lemons on it from Talbots that will make it's way out pretty soon... maybe tomorrow.
- I got lots of hugs from kiddos. I totally forgot how much I love to get hugs from elementary kids.
- totally relaxed during yoga. It was SOOOO good tonight.
So I still need to get my stuff ready for tomorrow... shouldn't take too long. Tomorrow morning is a gym morning - a little strength training. I only go for about 1/2 an hour, but it's good for my energy level.
Off to eat something sweet and clean up my dinner...
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts