Tuesday, September 07, 2010
- Drink tons of water
- Get to the gym after school
- Stick to the eating plan (which includes a sweet treat later tonight)
- Make chili when I come home
I think it's going to be a nice day today. I'm feeling good, rested up from the long weekend, and I'm ready to see my kiddos today. I'm a little sleepy still, but I really didn't sleep on a schedule this weekend. Oops.
Off to brush my teeth and fill up the car with my bags...
Monday, September 06, 2010
Actually, it's more of a schedule than goals. But I guess the goal would be to stick to the schedule.
Tuesday: yoga, kickboxing (if I can get a hold of some wraps), dinner. I looked all over the place for handwraps, and I can't find any in stores. Guess i have to order some tonight and hope that the gym teacher has some I can borrow for tomorrow night!
Wed. - morning gym
Thurs. - either stretch class and a run or Martinis and Manicures at the local sushi place. I am waiting to see if my gym buddy wants to go with me.
Fri - morning gym
Saturday - morning run and stretch class.
I have meals planned for the week (even my breakfasts!), daily schedule written out, laundry is done, and I'm going to work on my outfits tonight (I get my clothes ready for the week, accessories included - makes mornings a lot easier. Also gives me time to put together some cute combos).
I didn't go to the gym today, but it was a busy day anyway.
- Painted the front door (finally!)
- Weeded the front garden
- Hung a curtain
- Put beans in to soak (I'm making chili tomorrow night so I can use up some tomatoes. It's going in the freezer for FOOTBALL!!!)
- Planned the week
- Baked carrot cake cupcakes. They are very good, which is good and bad news. I am giving some to our neighbors. Honey and I don't need to be eating 30 cupcakes!
Phew! Off to move some laundry, get some clothes ready, and clean up the kitchen.
Thursday, September 02, 2010
This will be short. I'm exhausted and I'd really like to be on the couch right now watching some football.
Drank tons of water today.
Went to the gym after school for a little TM and a stretch class.
Have been doing well with my new schedule.
Overall, sticking to my eating plan.
Not so good:
Tonight I went cereal crazy. I think at the end of the week, I need to just crash on the couch so I don't sit up and eat. I was SO hungry when I got home... need to work on this night time eating thing. This was a challenge for me last school year, too.
So the challenge for September will be to figure out how I can handle my Friday nights (tonight is like a Friday - we have a 4-day weekend). I like to come home, have an easy dinner, a glass of wine, and lie on the couch. Tonight after the gym, I just ate a ton. I think it was because I didn't plan too well... we'll see. It's a work in progress.
Eagles are on... couch! football! I LOVE LOVE LOVE football season. I think it's more the time of year it represents instead of the game, but either way, it's a great time of year.
Wednesday, September 01, 2010
Sometimes I have random sounds going through my head. I think it's from being an elementary music teacher... we are always making crazy sounds. So "doot doot doot" it is.
Haven't really thought about September goals yet... I think I'll wait until this weekend (it's a long weekend) to work on them. I have been focusing on my new routine and back to school, so I haven't really gotten a chance to plan any further ahead.
But some reflections on my first week back at school:
- Water has been GREAT. I am drinking so much water! Yahoo!
- Eating schedule is good so far. I've had one or two snacks during the day, a cup of hot tea after lunch so I don't eat anything else, and I've stayed within my calorie range this week. I am back to keeping an eye on nutrition - those snacks add up quickly.
- Morning workouts = an energetic Carrie. I have had so much energy, even at the end of the day, and it's thanks to my 6am workouts. I am going to continue the Monday Wednesday Friday morning thing and the Tuesday Thursday after-school thing - the good classes are on Tuesday and Thursday.
- My attitude is so positive. I don't ever feel like complaining about my job - last year it was so easy for me to complain about stuff, but I don't even feel like it. I really really love my job and I am very lucky to be at a place I love.
- I have really made an effort to get everything done that I have to get done BEFORE i go to the couch. As soon as I hit the couch, I call it a night. I don't want to start the "I'll just do it tomorrow morning" thing. I like sitting with my coffee too much and getting my morning workouts in to add something else to my morning time.
More specific goals to come. I am going to add in some new classes at the gym and start training for a race in the fall (just a 5K).
Off to put the tomato sauce in the freezer... tomatoes are slowly dwindling, but they are still taking over the kitchen.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts