Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Still sick. I've gone through more tissues than ever.
Listened to my body and didn't go to the gym tonight. Looks like it's turning into a rest week... which is not necessarily a bad thing. Sleeping in tomorrow morning - need as much rest as possible.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Woke up today and felt worse than yesterday... so I took it easy. I did manage to freeze some squash, which was a big thing. Took my car to get its 100K mile work done, watched some football (the Eagles barely eked it out today) and then the last 1/2 of the 9th inning of the Phillies game, which was apparently the best part. Go Phils!
It was exciting to see Michael Vick run... there was some good stuff in there.
Drank tons of water today, had some really delish vanilla tea with honey and lemon, and now it's off to the couch with a glass of wine while honey makes dinner. Hopefully the Motrin will kick in soon and rid me of this slight fever. Bleh.
Thinking about cutting back on the coffee... it hasn't been doing it for me lately (I have NO idea why) so I'm going to see what happens if I cut back.
In-service tomorrow... no kids means another day of resting my voice. Hooray! Not "hooray," though, is wondering how much my car is going to cost tomorrow. I'm assuming that the 100K mile thing is pretty pricey, though. Still cheaper than a new car.
Couch + football + sweatpants + wine = a very lovely evening.
Saturday, September 18, 2010
So I was starting to feel a little more lumpy and bumpy than usual, and I think it had a lot to do with a lack of pushing myself during my workouts. It was starting to get into a *bad* routine, where I was too comfortable with the weights I was using and too comfortable with the treadmill.
But back to school means a new routine. And I LOVE my new routine. I have been taking kickboxing and "Intensity" classes, which totally get me sweating. Today's Intensity class was 60 minutes of plyometrics... AAAAHHHHH. And that was *after* a 30 minute run... phew!
I drank lots of water and went out walking around today to keep loose. I walked around a Holistic Wellness Expo... it was very interesting. Came home, noshed on some tortilla chips and homemade salsa (it is SOOOOO good) and I have a broccoli strudel in the oven. Yum!
Tonight - laundry (easy to do while I relax - just getting up to switch stuff around), water, wine, strudel, some TV, a little planning for next week, relaxing...
Tomorrow (this list is much longer):
- freeze squash
- use up the tomatoes and make marinara for the freezer (honey is making pizza dough!)
- plan outfits for the week
- make Spanakopita with the greens from the farm
- grocery shopping
- get some Important Paperwork done (Oh, Canada!)
- water water water
- keep the tortilla chip and salsa eating to a reasonable limit
Phew! Off to check the strudel and get some wine... tonight I'm enjoying some Niagara from a winery in the Finger Lakes (I can't think of which one off the top of my head).
Thursday, September 16, 2010
This one looked like fun and I don't have much to blog about tonight... tomorrow maybe.
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Closed, now that there are curtains over the doors. The previous owner of our house put in mirrored closet doors on ALL the closets, even the bedroom. There's nothing like waking up in the middle of the night to pee and thinking someone is watching you.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? Yes, but only if they smell good.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? Untucked. I rutch around a lot, and they always come untucked anyway.
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before? Yes. I mean, maybe...
5. Do you like to use post-it notes? YES!!! Big ones, little ones, bright ones, ones on the end of a highlighter...
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? Rarely - I'm pretty good at using up the coupons.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? A bear - when I moved up to Bear Country, I watched a movie on how to scare bears away. "WHOA BEAR"
8. Do you have freckles? Only a few.
9. Do you always smile for pictures? Yes.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve? When audiences clap and they aren't on the beat, the phrase "First Annual," wet washcloths in the sink
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? No
12. Have you ever peed in the woods? Yes
13. What about pooped in the woods? Yes. In Girl Scouts, we even dug the hole!
14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing? Oh yes. ESPECIALLY when there is no music.
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils? Used to until I got braces. Now I'm very weird about chewing on stuff.
16. How many people have you slept with this week? One
17. What size is your bed? Queen
18. What is your Song of the week? Christina Aguilera - Bobblehead
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink? It's okay, but often not in the guy's best interest.
20. Do you still watch cartoons? Nope.
21. What’s your least favorite movie? I'm not really a movie person, but I think I'd have to say almost anything with Nicholas Cage.
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? Under a pile of doo.
23. What do you drink with dinner? Water or wine.
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Tapatio and blue cheese sauce
25. What is your favorite food? I LOVE food, I could eat anything. But I could always eat pizza, Mexican, and ice cream.
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Blazing Saddles, Serial Mom, Amadeus
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you? My honey
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? Nope.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? A few weeks ago - my honey's mom loves to send letters, so I write to her.
31. Can you change the oil on a car? Nope.
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? Yes - including one when my honey and I were on one of our first dates.
33. Ran out of gas? Nope. Thank you Idiot Light!
34. Favorite kind of sandwich? Roast beef, cabbage, swiss cheese, horseradish
35 Best thing to eat for breakfast? Belgian waffle with berries and homemade whipped cream
36. What is your usual bedtime? Usually between 9:30 and 10:00
37. Are you lazy? Not often, but when I'm lazy, I'm LAZY.
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? a pumpkin, cat, witch
39. What is your astrological sign? Libra
40. How many languages can you speak? Just English.
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? The Week - a gift from honey's mom.
42..Which are better legos or lincoln logs? Legos
43. Are you stubborn? No
44. Who is better...Leno or Letterman? Conan
45. Ever watch soap operas? Nope - never got into them
46. Afraid of heights? Only heights I can potentially fall off of.
47. Sing in the car? Yes!
48. Dance in the shower? nope
49. Dance in the car? On occasion. I used to practice conducting for my college classes.
50. Ever used a gun? Nope
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? Senior year of high school.
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy? Yes. And I LOVE it!
53. Is Christmas stressful? YES. I would love to go away to an island this year.
54. Ever eat a pierogi? holy moly are they good.
55. Favorite type of fruit pie? Cherry crumb
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? a bus driver, a vet, a pilot
57. Do you believe in ghosts? I will when I see one.
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? Ugh, yes.
59. Take a vitamin daily? Yep - calcium/vit. D
60. Wear slippers? I prefer fuzzy socks
61. Wear a bath robe? Nope
62. What do you wear to bed? my birthday suit
63. First concert? um... the first one I remember going to is a Bob Dylan concert.
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? Target
65. Nike or Adidas? both
66.Cheetos Or Fritos? Cheetos.
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? peanuts, in butter form.
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? No.
69. Ever take dance lessons? When I was little I did the little girl thing - tap and ballet
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? Not other than the one he does now - chef. I also don't want him to stop cooking at home!
71. Can you curl your tongue? Yes, but just once.
72. Ever won a spelling bee? ARGH no. And my mom reminds me TO THIS DAY how I spelled banana "banna" and had to sit down.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? oh yes.
74. Own records? Yes
75. Own a record player? no, which is a little weird because I have a record.
76. Regularly burn incense? no - too stinky
77. Ever been in love? I am right now!
78. Who would you like to see in concert? Tori Amos
79. What was the last concert you saw? I have a season ticket to a kind of local symphony orchestra
80.Hot tea or cold tea? hot
81.Tea or coffee? coffee
82. Sugar or snickerdoodles? There are PA Dutch sugar cookies called "Leb Cookies" and they are AMAZING
83.Can you swim well? yes
84.Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? Yes.
85. Are you patient? yes.
86. DJ or band, at a wedding? I know a great guy who does weddings - I'd have him come and play the piano.
87. Ever won a contest? Yes - I once won a $500 gift card to the liquor store.
88. Ever have plastic surgery? nope
89. Which are better black or green olives? plain - black. stuffed - green
90. Can you knit or crochet? Nope.
91. Best room for a fireplace? the den
92. Do you want to get married? yes
93. If married, how long have you been married? n/a
94. Who was your HS crush? JW
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? nope
96. Do you have kids? Nope
97. Do you want kids? eh, not really
98. Whats your favorite color? I wear a lot of blue, but I like purple, too... and orange is pretty in the fall...
99. Do you miss anyone right now? I miss my old teaching friends.
100. Did you watch, Next Great American Band on FOX? No.
That ate up just enough time for my dinner to digest before my hot bath! Hooray!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts