Friday, September 24, 2010
Holy moly four days of no coffee seems like an eternity. I decided to try this little experiment this week because I just wasn't feeling it with coffee. Went with the tea. So what I've learned:
- I slept MUCH better with no coffee in the morning (which was surprising, since I don't have *that* much).
- I wasn't tired during the day - I was able to function normally.
- I got a KILLER headache on Wednesday - the worst I have ever had. Part caffeine withdrawal, part sinus infection/cold... but it was BAD.
- After I took some drugs for my headache, it got better, but I've had a dull headache ever since. Not sure what is causing it...
- Last night I decided that I was going to have some coffee this morning. I actually *wanted* it. And today it tastes delicious.
The Action Plan:
- cut back on days with caffeine, maybe alternate between caf and decaf.
- don't feel like I have to have coffee every day just because I feel like I should. I don't have to make it every day if I don't feel like it.
I am FINALLY feeling better. There's a little residual nose stuff going on, but other than that, I feel great. I'm going to spend tonight on the couch (it's Friday, so I was going to do that anyway), and drink lots of water. I am pleased that my cold only (only?) lasted one week - I think my increased overall fitness and wellness has made my immune system strong and it's able to fight stuff off a lot more quickly than if I hadn't been taking care of myself so well.
I'm glad I listened to my body and took the week off from the gym. At first I felt guilty because "you can exercise when it's above the chest!" But my body was telling me otherwise. It took a good friend to remind me to listen to my body and take care of it - not to feel guilty about it. So I feel good and I'm ready to go on Sunday. Tomorrow's workout will be walking around Washington DC at the National Book Fair. There are lots of great author signings, and I LOVE DC.