Sunday, October 10, 2010
It has been one heck of a busy day!
8:00-8:45ish - gym (bike and upper body ST)
cooking to use up some veggies - marinara, potato-leek soup, preparing salad greens
run the dishwasher
clean most of the house
It feels really good to sit down. I seriously needed a break... I was planning to make kale-white bean-soy sausage soup, but I think I'll wait until later in the week for that. All the ingredients will be OK until Wednesday night.
After my little break, I have to:
- plan the week's meals
- get outfits ready for the week
- pack a lunch for tomorrow
10-10-10 challenge started today. I have had lots of water 1 1/2 more Siggs to go. No problem! Got my workout in, and I just have to enter my food from today. I think I'll do that later tonight, though. I kind of feel like lying on the couch for a little bit and watching some football.
Saturday, October 09, 2010
I know that 10-10-10 is tomorrow, but the challenge at the gym is called 10-10-10 and I've been working on ways that I can meet the challenge of losing 10 pounds in 10 weeks.
My focus for this challenge is nutrition. My fitness is fine (although I am going to be more structured during these 10 weeks), but I know I need to get back into eating more fruits and veggies and fewer carbs. Because I lose control when I go into the kitchen, I wrote myself little notes around the kitchen - "10-10-10 You can do it!" "Meet those goals!" "Are you really hungry? Drink some water first!"
My honey commented on them - he likes them. He said that they would help with his eating habits, too. It's been a while since I've done a challenge like this. I think it's going to be good for me.
My three main goals:
- Stay within calorie range 60 of 70 days. A symphony weekend and Thanksgiving are both within these ten weeks, and I am allowing myself ten days to go out of range.
- Drink 5 Siggs of water a day. I have five Silly Bands on my right wrist, and I move one to my left for every bottle I drink. I tend to lose track, and this will help me. And it's also a good use of the Silly Bands that I get from the kids at school.
- Do all scheduled exercise. I don't want to sell myself short, but I also want to keep my exercise schedule within reason. My weeks usually look like MWF morning gym, and T/TH after school classes. Saturday is a free day where I can choose what I want to do, kind of on a whim.
- If I drink all my water and do all my exercise each week, I get to buy a new iPhone app for each goal. So at the end of this, I could have 20 new apps (that I buy)!
- If (I guess I should say *when*) I stay in calorie range 60 of 70 days, I get an hour long massage. Now that I know how good it feels, I am more determined to earn another one.
I made a chart last night, and I am trying to find a free app that will send me motivational quotes throughout the day to keep my goals in the front of my mind. I'd love to know of any good ones that work for you!
Tonight I am meeting my mom for dinner and to pick up a coat I left at her house... and although part of me wants to go crazy with eating today so I have a little edge for my weigh-in, the more healthy part of me wants to start this thing a day early and get a jump on it.
Have a super day!
Friday, October 08, 2010
Friday = laziness. I love Fridays. Oh yes I do. Putting on sweatpants when I get home, eating an easy dinner, time to catch up on Sparking, sitting on the couch watching mindless TV... it's a wonderful day.
My nutrition has not been that wonderful. Not horrible, but not wonderful. Sure, I've been eating things that haven't been too bad... but I've also been eating too many sweets when I'm not actually hungry.
So to coincide with the 10-10-10 challenge at my gym, I am going to get busy putting up healthy eating reminders around the house. It's so easy for me to think about eating healthy when I'm reading your blogs and getting motivated, but I can't click on a blog as I'm digging into the box of cookies. But I *can* look at a motivating quote or picture on the cabinet and decide if I really am hungry.
Ten weeks. Ten dollars. Ten pounds. Seventy days. I can do it.
- stay within calorie range 60 of the 70 days. A one hour massage costs $60... coincidence? I think not. So if I can stay in range 60 of 70 days, I will get a massage at the end of the ten weeks.
- Intensity class + Carrie = a totally run-down me for DAYS. I took the class again on Monday, and it took me until today to recover from it. I just read a thread on the RR page about fueling after a long run, and I feel like the class (60 minutes of plyometrics) is leaving me exhausted and not fueled. I have to figure out how to fix this. Gatorade might be in my future...
- I have come too freakin' far to settle now. Yes, I've been saying that for a long time, but I have to start believing it now.
I am working on a calendar for the next 70 days. I think if I see them all out in front of me, it will be easier for me to stick with my plan until 10 weeks are over.
This weekend I'll be in the kitchen cooking up some soups for the freezer and marinara sauce. I need more veggie stuff and more easy meals. It's definitely soup season, and we got SO many wonderful veggies for soup. Leeks, bok choy, kale, carrots, squash... time to put them into use!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts