Thursday, October 21, 2010
Sometimes my honey and I have what we call a "sleepover," where we stay up late and just talk. They just *happen* and last night was one of those nights. We just talked and talked... some things were silly, some things were serious. But it's a good way for us to connect since we work opposite schedules.
Today Brad has a day off, so he's going to plan something delicious for dinner. I can't wait!
- Two mile run and stretch class after school
- Pack lunch for tomorrow
- Stay positive!
I am SO tired despite yesterday's long nap. I stayed up late and I'm paying for it this morning. Oh well, it's worth it to have quality honey time.
May your day bring lots of met challenges, happy weigh-ins, much water, and healthy food choices!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
There is not enough time in the day to do all the Sparking I want to do!
I'm not feeling particularly reflective about anything today, so I'll just list some random things.
- Non-scale victory: my grandma's high school class ring fits. Yahoo! She had really thin fingers, and her ring didn't even fit my pinky. Now I can wear it on my pinky!
- I decided to stick with the five Siggs a day. I debated going down to four, but I gave myself a goal and I'm determined to meet it.
- I'm getting good at sticking to 400-calorie meals.
- Meal planning WORKS for me!
- I love having a supportive honey.
- I can do a lot more than I thought I could.
- I'm super excited for today's rest day. WOOT WOOT
- Since I started watching (REALLY watching) what I eat, adding more fruits and veggies, my skin has never been clearer. Part of this, I think, is the fruit and veg, and part of it is that since I feel so good about my eating routine, I've been better at my skin care routine, too.
Happy Hump Day!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
- I am exhausted.
- Five Siggs of water is a LOT, especially when I'm eating tons of fruit and veggies, too. I'm thinking maybe four will do the trick... I'll try it tomorrow and see how I feel.
- Powerade Zero is really good for circuit training at the gym. I had some on Saturday after Intensity, and I felt great. Had it again tonight and felt great.
- Switching Friday's rest day to tomorrow. I did about a gazillion man pushups tonight (which is good), and I am SO tired. If I had to meet with the trainer tomorrow, I think I'd die. So we're meeting on Friday instead. Woohoo!
- The soy sausage soup is better today than it was when I first made it. The flavors had time to mellow...
- I can do more than I thought I could. I rocked the push ups tonight, and I rocked the clean and press dumb bell thing tonight, too.
It's time for a hot bath and bed.
Monday, October 18, 2010
The start of a new week, new goals, feeling refreshed... don't get me wrong, I LOVE the weekend, but Monday isn't so bad, either.
One week of my 10-10-10 challenge is over, and I'm feeling good. I have been drinking all my water, I've stayed in my calorie range 8/8 days, and all my scheduled workouts have been completed. Yahoo! Yesterday was a close one - honey and I had dinner together. Dessert was French toast with chocolate ganache. I thought "I'm not going to enter this in, I know I'm going to be over today." But I entered it anyway, and was 10 calories UNDER my allowance. WOOHOO!!!! Lucky for me, I changed my goals to account for the extra calories I've been burning.
So how in the world can I eat shepherd's pie, mashed potatoes, and chocolate ganache and still be able to come in within my calorie range?
- WATER. I get SOOOO full after I drink water!
- no more mindless snacking. I plan out my snacks, and I sit down and eat them. I know exactly how much snack I am eating.
- I've been tracking everything. EVERYTHING.
- Fruit and veggies. LOTS of fruit and veggies.
This 10-10-10 challenge has been like a mini-awakening for me. Before I started this challenge, I was getting so frustrated - I wasn't losing any weight, I didn't feel any different, even though I had been working out like mad. So it truly *was* my eating habits. They weren't becoming "bad," but they were becoming lax. A little bowl of cereal? That isn't that bad for me... One bag of M&Ms? That's not too bad either.
This challenge has really made me think about what I'm putting in my mouth - I have a little note in my cabinet that says "Are you really hungry? Drink some water first."
- Two mile run at the gym
- Pick up shirt at drycleaners
- Dinner at Red Lobster with my bestie. I WILL stay within range with this. This streak is pretty exciting for me. And since I saw some SUPER results at yesterday's weigh-in (down three pounds!), I know that what I'm doing is working. And I like it.
- In bed, asleep, by 9:30.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
I have to mentally prepare for today's weigh-in. I've been so careful about what I've been eating this week and getting in tons of water, lots of workouts... please scale be nice to me today. But just in case it isn't (which happens more often than not), I am going to list some *other* great accomplishments from this week.
- I did 50 (50!!!) man push ups in one workout.
- Yesterday at Intensity, I jumped higher, lunged lower, and did better than I've ever done. At the end, I was even able to do push ups as part of one of the sequences (20 mountain climbers, 10 in and outs, 10 push ups) and they were full push ups!
- I have gotten lots of compliments this week about how I look. And really, I *feel* slimmer. All these fruits, veggies and exercise is doing my body good!
- I can see and feel my tummy going away. I noticed a difference when I put on a certain pair of pants. Not that they didn't fit, but you know the little pooch that sticks over when the pants ride a little lower. Pooch is disappearing!
- My honey is definitely noticing my hard work.
So there are some really good things that happened this past week. So regardless of what the scale says today, I know that I have accomplished a lot and I am doing a great job of working toward my goals.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts