Wednesday, November 03, 2010
Oh how I love getting my hair cut. I love it when someone else shampoos my hair and rubs my head. I have a great stylist and I love my salon. It's a little pricey, but I love it anyway.
I love to look through hair pictures and pick out something new. It's not often that I keep the same hairstyle... I found a cute one for tonight. I hope it will work!
This week has been full of tracking and working out. I feel good. I have a twinge of a headache, though... might be a little cold coming on. Water water water!
I'm getting good at my box jumps. Last night I did 30 of them - I'm getting quicker and they are seriously good for my lower body. Woot!
After school I am going for some coffee with a friend/colleague. I have to kill some time in between school and my appointment - some library time will be in there, I'm sure.
- eat a snack with the coffee to tide me over until I get home (it will be almost 8:00 when I get to eat dinner)
- be positive!
Tuesday, November 02, 2010
So here I am again, early in the morning, getting ready to head out the door to the gym. I wake up super early - I think of it as "me time," but lately I've been getting a little bored sitting around in the morning. Well, not bored, just "bleh." So I decided to take about 45 minutes out of my morning and go for a swim. I might as well... I'm awake and why not burn a few extra calories?
But I guess I'm a little weird, because tonight is yoga and kickboxing at the gym. So in less than 12 hours, I will be back there taking two classes. Oh well, I have the drive right now, so why not take advantage of it?
I know my body well enough at this point to know that this is not over-training it. Swimming comes naturally to me, and while it burns a lot of calories, for me, it's an "easy workout."
Today's Penguin Personal Daily Goal is to stick to the eating plan at lunch. I had forgotten that we were ordering pizza at today's in-service! I am sticking to ONE SLICE today. I won't get into yesterday (cereal, ahem), but I *will* say that today I have to stand my ground.
"I will feel more awake after my swim. I will feel more awake after my swim..."
Monday, November 01, 2010
Which is the title of a Bone Thugs n' Harmony song, but I like the first of the month for a different reason. It's a chance to make some new goals, to get back into the swing of things, and to clear the slate if need be.
Someone once told me "what you do on January 1st is what you do the rest of the year." I also think it's true for each month. Start off on the right foot, and anything is possible!
So this morning I woke up bright and early (5am!) and got to the gym for a 2 mile run. I did some sprints in there and now I feel terrific! Meals are planned for today - shrimp is thawing in the fridge, and I'm feeling slim. I checked myself out in the mirror while I was running (yes, I'm vain at the gym) and I saw some great leg muscles as I ran along. One of my new favorite songs is "Vanity" by Christina Aguilera. There is a part - "Mirror mirror, on the wall, they tell me I'm stuck up, but I'm not at all. Never mind, I am. It's not my fault I'm the sh*t. Yeah, I am. And I'm a bad-a$$ b*tch" - that I LOVE.
At the gym is one place that I allow myself to be totally vain, and I love it. "Checking form" is often code for "woohoo for sexy muscles!" I mean, don't get me wrong, I have great form (thanks to my chiropractor/physical therapist!), but checking out muscles is a great thing, too.
- pick out clothes for tomorrow
- buy a hair magazine for Wednesday's haircut (chop it off!!!)
- buy some boxing gloves and weight-lifting hooks for the gym
- be positive!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
I tried to make my October Observations as objective as possible. I think even though it's hard not to take myself personally, it helps for me to step back and see things for what they are. So anyway...
- My rest week from working out was also a rest week from making consistently healthy food choices.
Although the scale was right where it needed to be today, a rest week from working out should not necessarily mean a rest week from proper nutrition. This is something I will work on in November.
- Five Siggs (a 20 oz. water bottle) a day is a lot, but do-able.
- When I plan meals and snacks, my nutrition is right on target.
- Visual reminders (like Silly Bands for my water) help me to reach my goals.
- Concentrate on the Spartan 300 Challenge. I timed some of the exercises today so I have a baseline number from which to work. I need to work on making my box jumps quicker and my upper body strength needs to improve for my push-up time to improve.
- Plan weekly meals on Sunday. I did this today - I even cooked some of the food for Monday and Tuesday. I don't mind cooking a lot on the weekend, but during the week I want food that is easy for me to prepare. I made mashed potatoes, roasted beets, and tuna today. I am also going to ask Brad to make some food during the day.
- Stay on top of cleaning. I spent a LOOOOONG day yesterday cleaning the house, and a lot of the work could have been saved if I would have just kept on top of everything. So once a week I need to wet Swiffer the kitchen floor, scrub the stovetop, and clean the bathroom.
Brad is working today, which is kind of crappy, but it gives me the chance to plan for the week. I planned all but one meal for the week (Saturday dinner). I think after my nap I am going to enter in this week's meals into the tracker... Hm.
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Today was cleancleancleancleanclean.
I am tired of cleaning for a while. But I did get some pictures hung, some hooks put up in the garage, the back deck cleaned off, the garage cleaned, the stove scrubbed, some important paperwork sent out, and lots of various other chores.
It feels good to be productive.
Tomorrow is back to a workout schedule... I can tell I needed this rest week because my body is ready to go back to working out.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts