So why would I be staying away from the Nursing School? I've still been going down to the hospital to check on half of the students who continue to work, even though the other half are on vacation. BUT, the nursing school itself is getting a make over. It has had bats living in the attic for YEARS so this week all the ceilings are coming down and new ceilings going up. The holes in the attic screens were patched so the bats can't get back in. I'm allergic to bat dirt so I'm staying clear. I did take a few pictures though. These two photos were taken of the first room of the school after the plywood ceiling was down, while the bat dirt was being swept out. The second was of the men finishing up the new ceiling finishes in that room.
Three new ceiling fans will be installed in that large classroom. The one that was there before only helped the few people sitting in the center of the room. Now we profs will have our own fan as before we got no air!!!
1. The ceiling renovation project is happening this week in the Nursing School, including the installation of three new fans!
2. There are no nursing classes for the next four weeks so I have time to work on other projects. One project for me will be doing 20 hours of Continuing Education for my Nursing license renewal.
3. Our hottest season here on the equator is March and April and those months are nearing and end (not over but nearing an end).
Thanks for being so faithful at visiting my blog. Notice that I don't say much about my healthy living changes.... and weight loss... and so forth.................... because there is not much I want to say right now!
I have been sorting through all my digital photos. Here's one that I scanned in from an old photo. It is my High School Graduation photo which was taken probably in the fall of 1966. Graduation was in 1967.
I don't look like that any more but then again, that photo was taken nearly 48 years ago! Here is one of me taken this week. I am on the left.
1. My plan is to walk outside soon after finishing this blog entry.
2. There was a little sprinkle of a rain this morning which cooled things down some.
3. My new computer is nearly set up, and I am getting used to Windows 8.1 for the first time.
Years ago I was on a Walking with Leslie Sansone team but in recent years I have not been walking inside. It is now so hot here on the equator that I often use that as an excuse to sit in front of my fan so this weekend I joined the **Walking/Leslie Sansone Team**. I will alternate walking outside with walking inside with my 4-5 Leslie dvds.
Since breaking my knee and tearing my knee artery in 2012 I have not been able to walk as many steps as before breaking my knee. My left leg swells every day and feels heavy when I walk. My right leg could walk further but my left leg can not keep up!! I walk around the hospital in the morning but by the time I exercise in the afternoon, I often do so for only 15 minutes. That is better than the days that I sit all afternoon!
1. I found my Leslie Sansone walking dvds and will start using them again.
2. I had a nice weekend but I am ready for the new week to begin.
3. My new laptop computer is all set up but now I am going through old files and clutter busting!
My grade school below (Windsor) was changed into condos. Once in awhile one of the condos is for sale and I can "look" online inside the school. The school and now the condos are located right in a nice old residential area.
Yesterday I had a GYN exam with good results. I had not had such an exam for about a year and a half but we have a visiting GYN doctor here at our hospital in Africa. June will be my TENTH anniversary of being an Ovarian Cancer Survivor!! Praise the Lord that all is still well with me.
I have had my new laptop computer for a week now and most of my old files have been transferred to it. Now I'm trying to do clutter busting with all the files I do not need. Little by little I will have a "cleaner" computer. There were many bookkeeping files that I did NOT put on this new computer since I no longer do bookkeeping.