Friday, September 26, 2014
I have a lot to say....since almost a whole month has gone by since I last did much of anything on Spark's site. Here's a quick summary:
1) My book is now being printed. I should receive my first box of books any day now.
2) My weight has been fluctuating back and forth over the same five pounds. However that whole "range" is five pounds lower than it was before. Which means I've lost anywhere from 5-10 pounds. But I'm frustrated because I'm so STUCK.
3) I was temporarily involved with a different support group for AI (autoimmune diseases) I got "burned" because some of the people are very much "know it all" and can be curt and kind of nasty if you say something they don't like.....So I learned my lesson and am coming back to the best AI forum on the web. The One right here at Spark (Living with RAD)
4) My liver enzymes were shooting up so the doc took me off of all my meds and put me on an oral biologic which is just for PsA....not for any of the other RADs I have. It seems not to be helping but he said I have to give it three months. So far it's been a little more than one month.
5) I have to go to a neurologist because my husband suspects I have RSD/CRPS which is a disease that is EXTREMELY painful involving numbness , furious itching, sensitivity to touch all in one area that had undergone some trauma to the nervous system. My area is my right thigh and that is pursuant to hip replacement surgery.
Of course when I read up on this disease, it is HIGHLY prevalent amongst people with RAD and inflammatory disease such as asthma (both of which I have) I'm not going to get all freaked out ....I may have something else, who knows.
6) I have not been tracking my food. I eat out way too much but I always bring home half of the meal and often skip dinner (or lunch depending on when I ate out) and I will eat the meal the next day. I am making some real progress about not eating at night. I don't know why or how but I'm not goign to look a gift horse in the mouth.
7) I feel terrible for not being present as a team leader. I promise to try to do better from here on in. You guys (ladies) are the best!!