Monday, December 09, 2013
Yes a little late on this one, but its been a busy month with me having a bad cold. Cold is better and time to get this written and into action.
Honestly what I have been doing is working well, so little changes taking place this month.
1. Going to continue with Curves 4-5 times a week, and Zumba on Thu evening.
2. Stick with the curves complete diet, calories around 1400-1500 keeping my carbs around 100-120, I have found that if I can lower them to below 100 it has helps some weight some off.
3. Keeping riding my bike 40-50 minutes 5-6 days a week or more. I am still having some foot pain so going to keep doing this through Dec and then see if I can get back to walking.
4. Work daily to add 10 mins of either strength or cardio, this is a good challenge since time tends to get away from me.
5. Keep tracking food and exercise, these are so important to make sure I am staying where I want to be.
6. Keeping drink 10 glasses water a day and getting at least 7 hours sleep a night.
Ok dealing with Christmas and all that it involves. For dinners out, do the best that I can, the next day right back on a 1200 cal diet for a couple days to get any weight gain off. Christmas cookie baking, well I really dont need to sample everyone since I know these recipes so well. Keep taking down to just 1 or 2 and then STOP! I can allow for a cookie daily but I have to adjust for calories and carbs to do that. My biggest goal this year it to end the year without a weight gain. It is what I am dearly, so I think that after the 25th I have to keep my guard up and remind myself of all my goals. I feel this year I will manage it well. Keeping fingers crossed, help me out with that :D
Weighed in this AM and am down to 171.8 this has me just 3 lbs from my goal.. so hopeful.
So far although dealing with a cold I have been doing what I can and am feeling strong for that.
I can make it through December and end this year on the low side...of the scale that is, but on the high side for all that I have accomplished.
WE CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS AND MAKE THEM HEALTHY!!!!!!!
Hugs and smiles
Monday, December 02, 2013
Ok heres the thing I joined SP in Jan 2009 and have been active with it since Mar of that year, so for 4 years I have used this site and totally fallen in love it SP.
I am so grateful the Chris and he whole staff for having a plan and putting into action, keeping it current and timely and most of all making it possible for anyone to use this site. It is the best site for helping you to learn how to be healthier and happier and YES lose weight too. It is flexible so that anyone with any needs can make it work for them. The community of Spark Friends and Coaches help to support and motivate, community boards, the great variety of teams and people make this a unique site and one I am TOTALLY THANKFUL FOR DAILY!!!
So what I have learned:
1. You have to be willing to WORK!! This is not easy and will take continuing work to reach your goal. It does make is sound daunting, but with the community support and great information available you can keep learning more about yourself and how to reach those goals and still live and enjoy life.
2. It will take TIME! This is not a short term or quick fix, this is a life long commitment to getting healthy and well honestly there is no quick fix to being overweight. Lets face it it didnt happen overnight and will not go away. We all want to make this simple to lose weight sounds like it should be but its not. We all hear 'those' stories take this pill, try this drink, follow this diet and well so many others, but in my years (dieting since I was 12 now I am 60) THEY DONT WORK THAT WAY!!!!! Never have and never will, there is NO QUICK FIX. It will take time and you have to commit to knowing and accepting that.
3. You have to be DETERMINED!! Oh boy do you ever, it is that level of determination that keeps the motivation going. Its like any addiction, until you are ready and know you want to break those habits, it wont happen, it wont. We have all been there and tried but we didnt really TRY. So are you determined that this is the time and its the last time you will do this.
4. Ok we know its going to take work, time and determination , now here is the hard one PATIENCE! Oh yes lots of patience. This journey is full of pitfalls and plateaus and we will need a boat load of patience to make it through this mined field. YET it can be done, even the dreaded plateaus can be and positive challenge for us, how???? I use them as time to practice maintenance. Yep we all know that once we reach out goal we will be on maintenance for the rest of our lives, hey thats that bad you know. I do wish that it was different but one thing I have learned is that I will also have a problem with weight gain, my metabolism will never be that of a skinny person.
5. This was the hardest to really get my head around but to me it is the most important......BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Oh those you read my blogs have heard that word often, well there is a reason. Once you really believe in yourself you can do anything, really you can. I didnt believe in me or that my goal was really even possible, but IT IS AND I AM!!!!! And so are you. With this belief I know I can work hard, give my self the time, keep my determination and learn more patience to get to my goal.......TO BE A HEALTHIER ME.
And all of this is made possible because my dearest friend told be about this Spark People and I gave it a chance. I have learned more about myself and how to help myself than at anytime in my life.
I will keep learning and keep growing and keep using this wonderful site.
I am blessed each day with happiness and love in my life, with health and the dearest of friends many of them found here on SP.
So to all those who have stopped by and read my little missive hope you are embracing your healthy journey and really BELIEVING in yourself and your goals. Being a part of a large group never feel alone, for there is always someone walking nearby dealing with similar problem and trials who are glad to have you by there side. I am glad to have you by mine.
Hugs and smiles to all
Monday, November 04, 2013
October is the beginning of fall and all the lovely colors and cooler weather. I love it and it went by very fast.
So how was my month, well I turned 60, which is all good. I didnt reach my goal of weighing 168 but did get to 175 and that feels great. I found of I had Plantar Fasciitis and could do no aerobic walking for over a month. I have had to wear a brace at night. My foot is better but not fully recovered. So I am going to keep going with the brace and not walking for a couple more weeks and then see what I can do. So since I could not walk for exercise we bought a recumbent bike and i have been riding that daily for 50 minutes in 2 sessions. It is not easy but feels good so I am doing something good for me. I had a great visit with Dr and things are going well. She was really pleased with my weight loss progress. I also made a personal challenge to not eat any candy through Halloween, I did it and got my nails done with gel in a lovely purple and that was a much better treat than candy.
I had my weekly weigh in with Curves and month measurements.
Weight 183 181.5 -1.5
Arms 13.5 13 -.5
Bust 41 40 -1
Waist 39 38.5 -.5
Abdomen 48 48 0
Hips 49 48.5 -.5
Thighs 22.5 22 -.5
BMI 32.4 32.1 -.3
Body Fat% 43.8 42.6 -1.2%
Overall lost 3 inches and 1.5 lbs. I am pretty happy overall, would have loved to lose more weight but I am heading downward and that is what really matters to me. I think with a bday, anniversary, BBQ all falling in the first week of October, I did great. I am pretty proud of myself, I made a plan and really worked hard to stick to it. Same with my diet for the month made it lower carb and kept the calories around 1500. Even without walking kept my exercise minutes up not quite as high but consistent.
So now for November, first having Thanksgiving dinner at families, so I am not going to be making it. That will take a little more care since I make a healthy version of everything so that I can eat a little of everything, but at others homes that is not going to happen. I will just have to be careful with servings and take more care. I can do that. This weekend we are going out of town for a couple days, we will be eating out and since we are going to Apple Hill which is full of goodies to eat, I have to be careful. Nice thing is that the hotel we are staying has a refrig in the room so I can bring salad and veggie snacks for the weekend. We are planning of sandwiches for lunch and eating light for breakfast, they normally have oatmeal which is a good breakfast, I bring nuts and dried fruit to added and have a great breakfast that way. I know that with a trip planning is the best way to keep control.
As for diet I plan to keep with the Curves Complete, lower carb and keeping around 1500. If after the weekend I go up then will lower calories to 1200 for a day or two.
Exercise keep riding the bike and going going to Curves. I have added 10 extra strength each day and will continue with that.
We will see if by the end of the month I can get to 168! That is my goal for right now the sooner I get there the better. Then I can redo my goal for the end of the year. Right now I am track to get there.
I am in this for the long haul and will keep working at getting there. I right now I am 40 lbs to my goal weight. But no plans yet for a new goal right now just working hard to get to 168 or less by the end of this year and I do hope I will make it my the end of November.
It is important to set a good goal and make sure that it is a challenge. And set up a reward for getting there, for me it will be a facial when I get to 168, and I am looking forward to having that. I BELIEVE in me and what I can do. Do you BELIEVE IN YOU?????? I do I believe in you my friends and am here for you as you are for me. Together we are strong and can do anything we want, it will take a little time and determination and most of all patience. YET it can and will happen. I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs and smiles to all my dear friends.
Wednesday, October 09, 2013
Thanks to all who left comments and encouragement on my last blog.
Yesterday got a recumbent bike so that I still do cardio with weight bearing. I have ridden a couple time today, plan to 1 more 10 min session. It is not easy but I am glad that I can do this since I can not walk.
Yes I do plan to follow Dr directions, I am wearing my splint nightly and already have seen some pain relief. It might be a long month for me, but I plan to make sure to get better before I try walking again in Nov.
Hugs and smiles to all you are really good friends and I can feel that you care.
Get An Email Alert Each Time DYNAMICDEB53 Posts