Saturday, February 08, 2014
I had to think a bit before I wrote this blog. January was a month that had lots going on.
First I took a couple days off the beginning of the month, I dont do this often but needed to just let something go. Of course I gained about 5 lbs, part of it I knew I had my yearly pizza treat on the 1st. I lost those pounds during the next week. Since then I lost another pound, I have lost inches though and clothes are feeling loser. That is one of those odd things for me, I know on all levels that it is good, but my mind wants the darn pounds to go away. They are just slowly.
I have been starting to walk more, my foot has improved, so I am walking about 2+ mi 3 times a week, I do wear the brace some nights, I sure dont want that pain back.
Curves in January started new classes designed by Jillian Michaels, she is not a favorite of mine, but the classes have been a hard kind of fun, challenging me. they change each month, this months are harder than last. I am having a little trouble since more are floor exercises. I have a bad left wrist, I broke it in 2009, it had screws and pins it it, most of the time no problem, but with these exercises, I am having a little trouble, but I am going to work through that and do what I can. Next classes I am going to wrap and see if that helps.
So January I worked and lost those gained pounds, I increased both my strength and cardio, adding walking in the later part of the month. I have also worked on my diet, keeping it lower carb and higher protein, this seems to work for me. I have been playing with it, realized that I need to added a few more veggies.
Keep the new Jillian classes at Curves
Keep the diet higher protein, and work with the carbs.
For sure keep tracking food, water (10 glasses a day at least)
I love using the SP Tracker and am so glad I gifted myself with that.
Changes, to keep walking the 3 times a week for February.
My short term goal is to reach 154 by June, that means 15 lbs, I can do this as long as my body keeps working with me, my thyroid is not making that easy, but I refuse to give in or give up. I will get these lbs off and get closer to my goal each and everyday.
Wow didnt write a novel this time, woohoo me. LOL
We can achieve our goals, yes it takes determination and time and the will to never give up no matter what happens, sounds hard I know, but its not really, just keep trying and never stop trying. As long as we keep trying we are big winner in life, it means we care about ourselves and we should.
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read this, it means to me you are a friend and those I do treasure.
Have a super day all and never ever give up on your dreams!!!!
I believe in you and me too,
Hugs and smiles
Wednesday, January 08, 2014
Yes realized that I had too many things to fit into the title, year end, new year and a sparkaversary too. So here goes
Year ending: 2013 was a pretty difficult year in so ways, but at the end I lost 33.4 lbs and lots of inches. I did plateau a couple times but near the end I finally got that figured out with the help for Curves coach and now have a formula that seems to be working and getting the weight off. I ended the year at 169.6 which is like a pound from the goal I set to be at a healthy BMI. I lost another 2 inches and 2 lbs during the month of Dec. All is really good, first time in a couple years I did not gain at the end of the year and really hurt my totals.
New Year, so whats my plan. To get to my goal weight 135 by the end of this year or sooner and sooner would be great. that mean losing 3 lbs a month or 35 lbs for the year. Can it be done I sure came close to those numbers this year. I plan if a plateau hits to jump right on it and break it fast and keep moving forward and downward. I go to Curves 4-5 times a week and now they have added an new routine with Jillian Micheal's as trainer, we will see if I like that, but it is to help ramp up your metabolism and I can use that.
So I am going to stick to the Curves Complete program for diet and exercise. I also will either walk or ride bike 5-6 days a week, depending on foot problem, which is better. Keep doing all the fun challenges from my teams and adding some strength just to keep toning, which I need. Drink my 10 glasses of water, absolutely keep tracking, I know this is one of those important things to keep me headed in the right direction. Will tweak all things as needed.
I am determined for this to be the last year of my dieting, but it is just the continuation of my journey, they next phase is going to be a challenge too, maintenance. I know I can do this and I DO BELIEVE IN ME AND I DO HAVE THE STRENGTH TO KEEP GOING TO MY GOAL!!!!!!!
SPARKAVERSARY yep one of those too. 1/9/2009 308 lbs 1/6/1014 169.6 lbs
I am entering my 6th year at Spark People. This is the absolute best site for learning about and getting to be your healthiest. I love this place and everyone connected, from staff to friends. It is the best of best. As I have no doubt said before this site has given me true hope of seeing a healthy me and I am a getting there too. You know how to think there is a light at the end of the tunnel wellllll I can see that light and it is only getting brighter. I can not wait to see what this year hold and in the end what I will look like, since I have no idea at all. Been overweight all my teens and adult life until NOW. So this is a journey and one that I know will never really end just like life it continues on just changing but these are good times and I am pretty happy with how I am and what I look like, just need to lose the gut...LOL but it will happen I do believe that now and that is due to Spark People and the great community within.
So that is my blog and I know late but hey I got it done. I want to make use that all my friends here know that you are very dear to me, you keep me grounded, motivated and always make me smile. I wish each and everyone of you lived next door, we would have so much fun together. I also want to that Sparkguy and his whole staff for all they do and have done for me and still are doing.
So on to 2014 and the adventure and journey continue.
Hugs and love and smiles to all
Monday, December 09, 2013
Yes a little late on this one, but its been a busy month with me having a bad cold. Cold is better and time to get this written and into action.
Honestly what I have been doing is working well, so little changes taking place this month.
1. Going to continue with Curves 4-5 times a week, and Zumba on Thu evening.
2. Stick with the curves complete diet, calories around 1400-1500 keeping my carbs around 100-120, I have found that if I can lower them to below 100 it has helps some weight some off.
3. Keeping riding my bike 40-50 minutes 5-6 days a week or more. I am still having some foot pain so going to keep doing this through Dec and then see if I can get back to walking.
4. Work daily to add 10 mins of either strength or cardio, this is a good challenge since time tends to get away from me.
5. Keep tracking food and exercise, these are so important to make sure I am staying where I want to be.
6. Keeping drink 10 glasses water a day and getting at least 7 hours sleep a night.
Ok dealing with Christmas and all that it involves. For dinners out, do the best that I can, the next day right back on a 1200 cal diet for a couple days to get any weight gain off. Christmas cookie baking, well I really dont need to sample everyone since I know these recipes so well. Keep taking down to just 1 or 2 and then STOP! I can allow for a cookie daily but I have to adjust for calories and carbs to do that. My biggest goal this year it to end the year without a weight gain. It is what I am dearly, so I think that after the 25th I have to keep my guard up and remind myself of all my goals. I feel this year I will manage it well. Keeping fingers crossed, help me out with that :D
Weighed in this AM and am down to 171.8 this has me just 3 lbs from my goal.. so hopeful.
So far although dealing with a cold I have been doing what I can and am feeling strong for that.
I can make it through December and end this year on the low side...of the scale that is, but on the high side for all that I have accomplished.
WE CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS AND MAKE THEM HEALTHY!!!!!!!
Hugs and smiles
Monday, December 02, 2013
Ok heres the thing I joined SP in Jan 2009 and have been active with it since Mar of that year, so for 4 years I have used this site and totally fallen in love it SP.
I am so grateful the Chris and he whole staff for having a plan and putting into action, keeping it current and timely and most of all making it possible for anyone to use this site. It is the best site for helping you to learn how to be healthier and happier and YES lose weight too. It is flexible so that anyone with any needs can make it work for them. The community of Spark Friends and Coaches help to support and motivate, community boards, the great variety of teams and people make this a unique site and one I am TOTALLY THANKFUL FOR DAILY!!!
So what I have learned:
1. You have to be willing to WORK!! This is not easy and will take continuing work to reach your goal. It does make is sound daunting, but with the community support and great information available you can keep learning more about yourself and how to reach those goals and still live and enjoy life.
2. It will take TIME! This is not a short term or quick fix, this is a life long commitment to getting healthy and well honestly there is no quick fix to being overweight. Lets face it it didnt happen overnight and will not go away. We all want to make this simple to lose weight sounds like it should be but its not. We all hear 'those' stories take this pill, try this drink, follow this diet and well so many others, but in my years (dieting since I was 12 now I am 60) THEY DONT WORK THAT WAY!!!!! Never have and never will, there is NO QUICK FIX. It will take time and you have to commit to knowing and accepting that.
3. You have to be DETERMINED!! Oh boy do you ever, it is that level of determination that keeps the motivation going. Its like any addiction, until you are ready and know you want to break those habits, it wont happen, it wont. We have all been there and tried but we didnt really TRY. So are you determined that this is the time and its the last time you will do this.
4. Ok we know its going to take work, time and determination , now here is the hard one PATIENCE! Oh yes lots of patience. This journey is full of pitfalls and plateaus and we will need a boat load of patience to make it through this mined field. YET it can be done, even the dreaded plateaus can be and positive challenge for us, how???? I use them as time to practice maintenance. Yep we all know that once we reach out goal we will be on maintenance for the rest of our lives, hey thats that bad you know. I do wish that it was different but one thing I have learned is that I will also have a problem with weight gain, my metabolism will never be that of a skinny person.
5. This was the hardest to really get my head around but to me it is the most important......BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Oh those you read my blogs have heard that word often, well there is a reason. Once you really believe in yourself you can do anything, really you can. I didnt believe in me or that my goal was really even possible, but IT IS AND I AM!!!!! And so are you. With this belief I know I can work hard, give my self the time, keep my determination and learn more patience to get to my goal.......TO BE A HEALTHIER ME.
And all of this is made possible because my dearest friend told be about this Spark People and I gave it a chance. I have learned more about myself and how to help myself than at anytime in my life.
I will keep learning and keep growing and keep using this wonderful site.
I am blessed each day with happiness and love in my life, with health and the dearest of friends many of them found here on SP.
So to all those who have stopped by and read my little missive hope you are embracing your healthy journey and really BELIEVING in yourself and your goals. Being a part of a large group never feel alone, for there is always someone walking nearby dealing with similar problem and trials who are glad to have you by there side. I am glad to have you by mine.
Hugs and smiles to all
Get An Email Alert Each Time DYNAMICDEB53 Posts