ENUFF81020   223,356
200,000-249,999 SparkPoints
ENUFF81020's Recent Blog Entries

Saturday, November 22 Lots to be thankful for!!

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Hi all,

This school year is sneaking by me--It's almost December, Holy Cow!! My schedule is busy--my husband and I go to physical therapy together every day. He is pretty strong after his August total knee replacement--and is getting ready for the other one on December 1. As for me, I am proud to say that I am walking independently a good part of every day. I have muscle fatigue and pain in my legs daily. My back is much better--still very numb in the surgical area. I had an injection about a week ago that I couldn't even feel because of numbness. My upper legs and feet are also numb yet and we are unsure if I am going to get past this. We are also unsure if it is the result of the second surgery that left me numb from the waist down or from the Levaquin that did some serious damage to my body or if it is simply part of a growing condition that I have being lovingly referred to as "polyneuropathy." I see a neurologist in early December and am hoping for some information to help define and treat my issues.

I want to share some wedding photos so you can enjoy one of the happiest days of my life. My son and daughter-in-law are doing so well and life is such a great time for them that I have to smile when I think about them!

This is the wedding party.

Here's one of my favorite photos during Mitchell and Laura's first dance together as husband and wife.

I hope this is a good photo of my dance with Mitchell--It was so wonderful, and I made my PT goal of being able to dance with him!!

Here's Matthew, our oldest son and one of Mitchell's groomsmen.

Here's some wedding cake!

And the kids says it all!!

Gentle hugs,

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

_LINDA 11/23/2014 11:41PM

    What a wonderful photo of the newlyweds! You can just see the love shining in their eyes!
This is awful news about the lower body numbness. If it is some kind of nerve damage is there anything they can do at all to reverse it? I too, will be seeing a neurologist. So ironic you can finally walk, but have this new problem to deal with now :-(
Sending healing thoughts and prayers,
gentle hugs,

Report Inappropriate Comment
MORTICIAADDAMS 11/23/2014 7:46PM

    The pictures were wonderful. Your family is very good looking. You can tell they had a wonderful wedding.

I hope you continue to heal and get better. Maybe the neuroigist will be able to help.

Report Inappropriate Comment
FERRETLOVER1 11/23/2014 8:00AM


Thank you so much for sharing those photos with us.

Congratulations on achieving your goal to be able to dance at the wedding! You are one strong woman!

Report Inappropriate Comment
FITWITHIN 11/23/2014 5:19AM

    Very nice pictures. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
ZRIE014 11/23/2014 12:51AM

  nice pictures. we went to a wedding tonight.

Report Inappropriate Comment
ENUFF81020 11/23/2014 12:36AM

    I'm sorry so many of these are sideways, I don't know why they came out that way. They are right-side-up in iPhoto. Oh well... I hope they give you a smile anyway!!

Report Inappropriate Comment

Wednesday, September 17 Changes in my world!!

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hi all,

Things are certainly happening all around me and I am having trouble keeping track of me. I am still going to physical therapy 3-4 times a week and am walking for short distances independently and longer distances with the kind of sticks long-distance trekkers use or myu walker if I need to carry items. The reality is that the problem that caused me to have the second surgery seems to be back and I am not sure if I want to tell any doctors about it or not. It isn't as extreme as it was then, but it is growing more uncomfortable and it is any slight recline of my back that sets it off. Other than that, my back is find. The numbness in my legs and feet often turns to pain in the evening and I struggle to find a position or a chair that is comfortable. I am also dealing with reciprocal damage to my left arm and shoulder again. By having my arms do the work of me walking when my feet were covered with burns and without feeling, I am having some difficulties. My ortho gave me an injection in my shoulder a week ago and diagnosed me with carpal tunnel in my left hand again. (Who knew that carpal tunnel comes back?)

The big thing in my life is the wedding this weekend. My goal has been to dance with my son
and I can do the two step with a bit of support for four and a half minutes. I'm figuring that that big old boy can hold his mother up if need be anyway. We aren't in agreement on the song--I think the music genre is what is pushing him off. HE wants a song called "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds and I think that is more of a song for him and his new wife than me--but he will get to win this. ;)

The other extremely big thing in my life is that I put in paperwork to retire at the end of this school year. It wasn't an easy decision, but I know with each passing day, it was the right decision for me. I could be a teacher--and probably will in other capacities--for twenty or more years--but the politics and awful people I am dealing with is too much stress. It is taking the joy out of my job and out of me. I have a couple of whopper stories to tell later. I am currently fighting with them because adding the retirement bonus to my pay cut it. and I am making less money than before. I don't understand why they cannot see that that is illogical and doesn't make sense (How do you spell somebody's BIG mistake?) Oh well, if they want a fight, they will truly get it.

I won't let this garbage overshadow the fun and love and happiness of the coming few days. My family needs a party and this will be the party of all parties for some time to come. We are adding a new daughter to our family and my son is starting a life as a husband and a provider. It is an amazing thing and we are truly blessed. Mitchell selected Matthew to be a groomsman, Mason to walk me down the aisle, Marshall and Miles to be ushers, Megan to read, Marissa to sing, and Micah to light the candles. All of my children have a role in the service. It will be wonderful and I would love to share some of this love on everyone.

Life is happening all around me and I am trying to take part. I see the rehab doctor this afternoon and therapy today and tomorrow--then I have three days off from that to focus on my family.

Peace and love and blessings abound.
Gentle hugs,

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:


    I am hoping that these pesky problems will resolve with time as you heal.

I am so glad you are retiring. I know the children will lose a wonderful teacher but your health needs to be first right now and your employer has not made this easy for you.

i know the wedding will be amazing. You are first of all a mother and a fantastic one at that. I hope they newlyweds have many happy years together.

I have had some health challenged and have had to take my spark page off line for a while but you can reach me through sparkmail if you need to.

Report Inappropriate Comment
_LINDA 9/18/2014 11:53AM

    I am sorry to hear that nasty principal has driven you away from the job you so dearly loved. So not fair -she should be reported and brought up on discrimination and abuse charges! That being said, perhaps with your constant health challenges, maybe its time you looked after yourself, mentally and physically. Certainly you don't need the stress of this workplace to add to your misery. You could always volunteer for learn to read programs, to keep your hand in so to speak. I am sure they would value you more highly then that school.
I was so hoping this surgery would finally give you freedom -but it looks like secondary issues have cropped up instead. Yes, you should report this simply to see if there is anything to be done or answers why the second surgery has appeared to have failed :-((
Thank you for your e-mail address. I am crazy busy right now, getting ready for my surgery while I have some limited use of my right hand. Organizing my apartment, gave a bag of clothing to the Christian Women's League, organized my drawers and closet so things are easy access of what I will use most. Some of my drawers need two hands to open so I switched things around. Have no idea why they were made that way, but fortunately, most have a handle in the middle instead of two small knobs far apart. I also need to get as much club work done as I can as wrestling with this troublesome printer is impossible with only one hand. I need to prepare the date book for next year, create Christmas luncheon and dinner tickets and posters, prep for year end and month end, order a large number of supplies, then submit expenses. Sadly, our calender year end is September, so I cannot do my year end until after surgery :-(( As my surgery is the 29th of September, I will have to get out of the hospital to get my month end done a couple of days after my surgery. One finger typing is getting so old!!!
I wish Mitchell and his bride to be a very happy wedding and a life together of good heath, fortune and happiness! Enjoy yourself! Look forward to the photos!
{{{gentle hugs}}}

Report Inappropriate Comment
FERRETLOVER1 9/18/2014 7:15AM

    How awesome it will be for you to dance with your son at the wedding! You go, girl! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment

    So glad to hear you are up and walking. And going to dance with your son at his wedding. This is such a blessing. I think you are right to retire." The times they are a changing". When you have to talk yourself into going to work and it is not the work but management then it is time to reassess. You can retire and that is wonderful. You can then focus on your health and rehab and your family. For now just rest and have the best time with your family this wee end.

Report Inappropriate Comment

    Love the positives within so many difficult things! Enjoy the big celebration!!!

Report Inappropriate Comment

Tuesday, July 15 A Long Overdue Update

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hi All,

I'm sorry that I haven't been around, but I have been through everything and I have a lot more to go through...

I did go to rehab and after I had been there for about eight days, I convinced the doctor to let me work with my pain doc. My pain doc agreed that I couldn't do anything without my pain being controlled so he added a fentanyl patch back to my regime. Then at about ten days, my favorite and most pushy physical therapist said to me, "I think you're ready." I looked at her and said, "Ready for what?" She said, "To stand up." I was shocked since I hadn't been able to bear weight at all and my legs simply weren't working--but I said to her that, "I'm nervous, but I want this and I will give it my best," She wheeled me to the parallel bars and counted to three. At that point, she pulled on the gait belt and pulled me to my feet. Once I was up, she said, "You know what is next?" I answered, "To walk?" and she agreed. I walked back and forth the length of the parallel bars three times and then sat down and cried for 20 minutes. I couldn't believe that I was able to do that. The next day, she said that we would use the walker and we did. The problem was that I couldn't get myself up. We worked and worked on it.

In the meantime, the hospital had run a UA on me when I first came and found that I had a UTI. They started me on an antibiotic called Levaquin. I took it for seven days and on the eighth day, I broke out in a bright red measles looking rash on my face, my privates and my behind. It turned into a flaming red color and total rash over the same area and for the next four days, it covered my entire body. The rehab doctor gave me benadryl for two days and the nurses begged him to do something else so he put me on steroids and gave me hydrocortisone cream. On Saturday, I saw a different doctor who took one look at me and said, "This is dangerous." He got the disease control doctor to examine me and they determined that I needed specialized care, so they put me in an ambulance and sent me for that 75 minute ride back to University Hospital. They took me to the ER and it seemed like 50 people had to come in and check me out. I was burning everywhere.

They took a biopsy off of the back of my arm and the dermatologists admitted me to the floor adjacent to the burn unit. The burn unit staff along with wonderful staff on the floor I was on worked hard to manage my pain from these burns and to treat everything. I was put on a regime of creams and bandaging to try and control the blisters and to actually speed this mess along. My heart rate stayed extremely elevated and they finally put me on meds for that. Taking my blood pressure was torture because of all of the burns and blisters that covered my arms. The same problem came up for drawing blood or placing an IV, I was a mess. It was pretty awful--and all I could think about was physical therapy and my legs needing to be exercised and worked. I got to see the PT for 30 minutes each day and the OT for 30 minutes, but the rest of my time was in bed. It was a long and horrible time, but after 6 days, I was down to bandages on my arms and hands and my legs and feet--so the hospital wanted to send me back to rehab. I tried to convince them that I had met my long term goals from rehab--I had the documents and the therapists agreed with me, but they came back and told me that the rehab folks told them I needed two more days there.

I got them to let me ride with my husband rather than in an ambulance (for the third time, oh my) and we had a lovely ride back to rehab. When we got there, they had a room for me--but the nurse who was assigned to me took a look at my dressings and said, "I'm not changing those." I was shocked--I had worked with her a couple of times and she had never been so nasty. I looked at her and said that I needed them changed because I needed creams/ medications applied. Then she brought me some cold left over dinner tray that had a baked potato, a muffin, cottage cheese, and hot cocoa on it. Oh yes, and some weird cold broth. I told her that I surely wasn't eating that and that she could take it back.

I waited for another 3 1/2 hours before anyone else came into my room--except two of my kids because I texted my family and told them what was going on. (I had sent my husband home because our youngest, autisic son was having problems and needed a parent. I needed him to do that more than to monitor me--or so I thought.) One of my kids brought me a nice chicken dinner and another brought a pizza. :) I needed to go to the restroom and couldn't use the facility in the room because it needed a riser--my son went and pushed them to bring me a commode which was the only thing that was really done for me. Anyway, finally that nurse came into the room with information to "put me in the loop." The packet of papers I brought from the hospital was unacceptable to them because there weren't any "doctor's orders." They called University Hospital and said that I hadn't really been discharged, so she gave them an ultimatum. If they hadn't sent doctor's orders for me within 15 minutes, she was putting me in an ambulance and sending me back to them. She said that the doctor who had been seeing me all along had refused me as a patient. I got pissed off and told her that she was not putting me into an ambulance and that I was going home. I swear her eyes sparkled when I said that and she asked me to wait a few minutes. 20 minutes later, she came back and said that University Hospital had discharged me to go home. She said that my meds would be called into my pharmacy in the morning. When I questioned her about physical therapy, her answer to me was to "call any of them up and they will just take you." I was totally shocked, because I knew that wasn't true. However, my kids helped repack the box of creams and bandages that had been sent with me and I figured that I had enough meds to get me through the night and they helped me to get back into our car with my burning. swollen feet.

It seemed like a miraculous and very long ride home for that 20 minutes. It was terribly hard to get into my house because my feet were on fire and I hadn't had any meds since about 2:00 and it was almost 9 hours later. My sons and husband were so wonderful with me and they got me into the house someway. I hadn't climbed stairs at all and we have two to get into the house. Besides the burning and swelling in my feet, I couldn't lift my feet to get up the stairs. I was exhausted on top of everything. My husband and one of my sons guided my walker and another of my sons helped to move and lift my feet and they got me inside and to my power chair. They went to work on my bandages as soon as i took some pain meds and my other meds. They finished with all of them at about 12:30 AM. I slept well, believe it or not and we called the pharmacy as soon as they opened. Of course no meds had been called in for me.

I called my PCP and he got me in during his lunch. He was leaving after lunch to go on a week long family vacation. It took him an hour and a half to muddle through the paperwork I had and order meds, get me an appointment with the other rehab doc--the one who sent me to University Hospital, get me a visiting nurse to care for my wounds, get me an appointment with my pain doc, and to order and get me started in physical therapy. They did some blood work as well. I was so glad that I went to someone who knew me. I went home and started working on the exercises I knew to do. It was a hard time__I'd sleep a while and then need bandages changed. The blisters were breaking and my feet were leaving puddles all around me. My family worked hard to care for me. When the nurse came, he was impressed with how well they were caring for the mess I was in.

I got to get rid of the bandages off of my hands about 6 days ago. My feet are coming along--the doctors in Iowa City thought that my feet and legs would be through with all of the blistering and peeling by the end of this week. I started back to therapy last week. It is hard for them because the big bulky bandages on my sore feet are hard to work with-the only shoes I can wear are my son's size 12 athletic slides. I am still having some trouble pulling myself to my feet. My upper legs are very weak and aren't doing their job yet--we are working on strengthening and endurance. I cannot pull my feet into the car yet. I have learned how to get up our stairs. I am really trying to get myself back on my feet. Apparently it is the L2 vertebrae that controls the part of my legs that aren't working yet and that is where all of the trouble in my last surgery was at.

I believe I will be walking without my walker at some point. I also believe that I will overcome all of this mess. I don't know when I will have time for SP like I used to. I have made a lot of decisions about my life after these life changing issues I have dealt with. Each of you who have read and supported me here are important to me and I have thought about you--Linda and Pat and Morticia and Ferret Lover (I'm sorry, your name has gotten by me right now) and my OA of the Lower Back group. I just haven't been able to do much about it except think about you. I have had over 900 emails to deal with and all that is important to me is to work towards getting my life back in order. My family has been wonderful, but things around here aren't the way I like them. Lots have been going on with most of my kids plus there is a wedding we are going full steam ahead with. I will be dancing with my son on September 20.

So, I will say that my absence has been beyond my control and that I am sorry for leaving you all for so long. I am not sure when I will be a true spark person again. My weight fell greatly and then when all of that swelling came, it went up like crazy. My legs are still slightly swollen and my poor feet are not good yet. I will get better. I will get my life back. I have applied for a job in a different school--if I get it, I will be giving three years notice of retirement. If I don't get it, I am going to retire this year. Life is too short to be taking all of the garbage that I have been taking from the principal I work with. I will be starting a reading program for the inner city kids who live around our church for next year--and I sure hope that I have gotten the job as literacy coach in that building so I will know kids and names to make that program the easiest and best that our church can offer children in need. (I don't know if I mentioned that our district plans to eliminate reading teachers at the end of this year--don't even ask me how they can justify that but I know that the reason is $$$ as always. That is another reason I am making a change.)

This is long enough--I should be sleeping now, but I am not ready for whatever reason. I have to go to the hospital with my husband for a 7:45 appointment for a joint replacement class he is taking before his knee replacement on August 4. That is one more reason I have to get better! Life is a busy place and things can be complicated.

I can do this--again, I have missed you all!!
Gentle hugs,

PS: Would someone update the teams for me--OA of the Lower Back and Basset Hound Dogs? I really appreciate your support!

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:


    I am so relieved that you let us know how you are. I have been worried.

Thank God that therapist got you up walking when she did since things got so messed up after that. I agree that it sounds like you will get back on your feet given time to recover.

I don't like Levaquin. It's such a dangerous antibiotic in my opinion. It sounds like you had a terrible reaction to it!!

The nurse at rehab sounded horrible. She needs fired. You are so fortunate to have such a good family to step in. It sounds like they a better job than anyone.

Don't worry about us here. We just want you to get back on your feet. You have enough to do to accomplish that and be the matriarch of your large family.

I'm glad to see you get away from the toxic principal. No reading teachers? Good grief.

Report Inappropriate Comment

    It's okay Sylvia. I was so thankful to see your update today, but not happy about all you've endured. I just can't even imagine the pain, etc., you have dealt with and continue to deal with. Hugs & Prayers!

BHound group has been very slow, but just this past week we had a little chat going. Just take care of you!!

Report Inappropriate Comment
_LINDA 7/15/2014 11:05AM

    Oh Sylvia, so very sorry to hear of this ordeal you went through :-(( Its unimaginable!! I feared something was very wrong when we had not heard from you in such a long time :-( You have some great plans for your future -and it was about time you left that poisonous workplace! I agree that maybe some retribution is warranted here -no way those people should get away with that treatment of you!!
Personally, I don't think you should have been let out of the University hospital until those burns were better healed. I have never heard of anything like that before.
Will be thinking of you sending cool, soothing thoughts and healing prayers.
{{{very careful, gentle hugs}}}

Report Inappropriate Comment

    Sylvia, so great to actually hear from you. My G......girl you have been through it. I agree with HAPPY SOULS you need to see a lawyer that specializes with medical malpractice and negligence. The treatment you received when you returned to the rehab hospital is shocking. I hope you have that nurse's name. I am amazed at your recovery. You are doing great. You will do this. I understand you decisions about job change. I hope you get the new job, I would think hard about retirement. I believe you deserve it and if it is financially feasible I would do it in a minute. You have plenty at home with family to keep you busy and losing the stress of work would truly be a blessing. Hugs Pat

Report Inappropriate Comment
HAPPYSOUL91 7/15/2014 8:54AM

    Sending you all the prayers I can add to the rest. You are fantastic and a very strong woman, keep a record of everything you wrote down and when you are able....get a shark lawyer, it is appalling how your health care has been done

Report Inappropriate Comment
FERRETLOVER1 7/15/2014 7:05AM

    I sent you a private message, Sylvia.

emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
ENUFF81020 7/15/2014 3:48AM

    Somehow I forgot to mention my friend Janet who had been going through her own life issues last I knew and who is my connection to the Basset Hound group. I'm so sorry Janet, I know you have been praying for me and thinking about me all of this time too....

Report Inappropriate Comment

Friday, 6/6 Can't move my legs much, rehab inevitable

Friday, June 06, 2014

Hi All,

I rattled some cages today and am going to get things my way to the best of my ability. The reality in my world right now is that I have a full incision down my back. There are no signs that anything else is damaged or non-functional from all of the tests I had. My legs don't work right now. I can wiggle my toes and ankles on both feet and have some movement in my right knee. I am getting a bit of sensation in my legs. My knees on up to my waist have no feeling. This is scary stuff.

I told the nursing and PT staff that there were so many people giving me information and that so much of it didn't match that I wanted my spine team to visit with me and straighten things out. I called my PCP and my pain doc from home and let them know what I knew and the ideas of sending me to rehab when I cannot stand or take a step or get from the bed t a chair without being hoisted like an old Chevy truck engine through the air. I learned that there are a couple of resources at home, but they wanted me in the hospital, here or there. My pain doc said the fact that I am getting some sensation in my legs is significant because it should come first and walking is probably going to happen but there is no predicting when it will happen.

My entire spine team came and spent a good deal of time with me. My condition is tricky but they are optimistic and explained the CT scans, x-rays, and MRIs and how they have come to this conclusion. They took the vacuum pad off of my incision. as well and my incision is looking good and free of problems (and stapled from end to end.)

I no longer have 3 working IVs and I am now on oral medications rather than morphine. I had the catheter removed and my bladder has worked. My local hospital where all of my docs work has an acceptable rehab unit and if the insurance approves things, I will end up there, probably on Monday. They will have to figure out transportation and I have told them I don't want an ambulance for an hour and a quarter ride because it will be too painful on my incision.

My mood is rough and I'm crying a lot. I didn't sign up for this and have no idea how this all will play out. The people in charge now know that I am a player though--and finding my voice has helped me a lot.

Gentle hugs,

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

THINTWIN2 6/20/2014 4:44PM

    so sorry to hear this, will definitely be praying for you. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment

    So glad you got a chance to talk to the spine team. It sounds good but as you say there is no way to know how long it will take. I hope they will let you have rehab in hospital close to your home. I understand their desire to have you in the hospital at this time. Things are good right now with incision but infection can happen so quickly and as you know you don't want that problem. I know you are impatient but you have to let your body heal. I agree with Mortica, you have a lot of post surgical edema that has to resolve. Take care and before you know it you will be back in your own hospital working your behind off and thinking the therapist are torture addicts. I know you can do this Silvia. emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
FERRETLOVER1 6/7/2014 9:13AM


Report Inappropriate Comment
_LINDA 6/7/2014 12:00AM

    I so am glad you were able to get a consult with your whole team -that is wonderful they took all that time for you. I am assuming the horrible pain in your leg is gone/ was fixed? I hope they will allow you rehab in your own hospital. So its still extremely painful for you to lay down I am assuming. They can sit you up in an ambulance -I sat up on my trip as I didn't want my broken arm touching anything on our bumpy bad roads. They would also be able to give you pain medications..
Thinking of you as always,
{{{gentle hugs}}}

Report Inappropriate Comment


Report Inappropriate Comment

    I think the fact that the spine team is optimistic is a good sign. I don't believe that they would give you false hope. Right now you would have post op edema and that should improve over time. Keep your spirits up. Your body needs to heal. Praying for you! Love you, Sylvia!

Report Inappropriate Comment

Thursday 6/5 Post-op Again

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Hi There,

My story gets more and more confusing. I had surgery at 1 PM on Tuesday. I was sitting up, as promised by the anesthesiologist when I went to sleep and didn't have to face the nasty spasms and pain in my right leg. I woke up in confusion at 5:30 in Recovery. That was a big room with about 25 stations and full of color and activity. There were several people around me and the conversation about my legs not moving. They were numb, but I thought that was from surgery--and I was lying flat on my back without problems. I kept asking people about my legs, but nobody was telling me anything. They went and got Floyd and he showed me a bag with bolts and other stuff they removed from my back. He told me about the large nerve shoot that was strangled in my back by bone spurs and scar tissue. They found a place where the allograf had shifted, so they fixed it too. Much of the first surgery was fusing, so they removed several bolts and the upper hook so I'd have more mobility in my back. Things were going well until the monitor indicated that my legs were not moving. That put an end to the surgical work.

They ordered the CT mylogram and a spine CT right after the surgery. There was no fun in being transported so many times from table to table and my friends, I behaved badly with lots of crying and begging, They did the mylogram with me on my side instead of on my tummy like they wanted. Having that injection wasn't fun.

This morning I was able to get my right foot to move and an hour or so later, I got my left foot to move. That has worked a bit all day. As of now, I can move my knees if I am sitting up and I can move my right leg to my knee when I am lying down, I can move my left foot and ankle. I believe I will be able to move my legs and maybe even walk by sometime tomorrow. I might have gotten further today, but my blood pressure stayed really low and I also needed a transfusion before I had to go have an awful, awful MRI of my spine. I cried throughout the entire test. The table was so hard and I had to lie on my large incision for over 20 solid minutes, I was a mess and have been doing some comfort eating.

Tomorrow, I hope to get the results from these tests. I pray my legs will work so they can remove the catheter. The steroids are making it burn. At least I didn't have to wake up with the tube in my throat and in ICU.

Quite honestly, I don't know what is next. I'm guessing I'll be here for a bit longer as these unknowns get answered. I'm so grateful for the prayers and warm thoughts being sent my way. I am feeling them amidst this confusion.

Gentle hugs,

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:


    I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. I hope they find out what is wrong soon and get it corrected. You know you are in my prayers. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
_LINDA 6/5/2014 10:49PM

    {{{gentle hugs}}} This is an unbelievable horrific nightmare for you :((( Unreal they couldn't give you something for your pain that was effective :((( I can't imagine anyone not crying and wanting mercy through that ordeal :((( I hope they can figure it out soon with all these tests.
You are amazing able to give us this detailed report through it all. Thank you for that because we are really worried and scared for you knowing the gravity of this surgery..
Soothing and healing thoughts sent your way

Report Inappropriate Comment


Report Inappropriate Comment

    Sylvia, Gosh girl I would be behaving a lot worse than you. You are truly a tough lady and I say lady for a reason. I'm ashamed to say I would be doing a lot more than crying and begging if you get my drift. I truly hope that things turn better for you soon. It is good that your legs are beginning to move, please be patient and let the nerves heal. Getting in a hurry could cause more problems. Hugs and prayers are coming your way.

Report Inappropriate Comment
FERRETLOVER1 6/5/2014 8:18AM

    My dear friend, Sylvia - I am so very sorry that you are having to deal with this situation. You are so entitled to cry and beg as much as you want to - this is not an easy thing to go through.

I will be keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that you will be able to go home soon.

emoticon emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
HAPPYSOUL91 6/5/2014 8:00AM

    Praying for you that all will end successfully. You sure have been through a lot, but gotta say "you are one tough gal"

Report Inappropriate Comment

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 Last Page