Sunday, November 15, 2009
Looking thru some old photos my sisterinlaw had and came across this picture of me. Its about 8 years ago. I just shuddered when I saw it, because over those 8 years my weight went up and down but the smallest I got was 183. When I decided to get serious with spark last year I was back to this weight 206. I didn't have a before picture because for years I had avoided having my picture taken unless it was just a head shot. I look at this picture and honestly my stomach feels sick. Who is that girl! I just look absolutly miserable and sick even.
I showed it to my sons girlfriend who has only known me since I lost the weight and she just couldn't even get her head around it. Can't blame her I can't get my head around it. Why, why, Why...did I ever live like that, when it was really easy to get it off, it was just a matter of eating right, exercising , being patient with the weight coming off slowly and not giving up.
I honestly can't imagine ever going back to that size. Its soooo awful...all I can think of is EEEEEWWWWW no way...never again!
I hate this picture and really didn't want to share it, but I remember at the beginning of this journey I really couldn't believe I could ever really be at a healthy weight and feel attractive again.
So if this horrible, awful, terrible, make me shudder picture can help someone make the connection that it can be done, then its worth the humiliation I feel posting it.
It may take some time...it took me a year...but you can get yourself back.
There have been so many changes, so many victories along the journey.
1. I learned to eat healthy.
2. I went from being a coach potato to a regular exercise routine and recently completed a 10 k run.
3. I went from not being able to shop at my favorite store to being able to put on and like anything I want there. No more crying in the dressing rooms.
4. I was promoted into a PR position at work and it was no secret how I was looking and the confidence I was displaying was a large part of that. My skills remain the same.
5. I love the surprise on peoples faces who haven't seen me in a while.
6. I love being able to tell them what I did and encourage them that yes...they can do it too.
7. The other day I said something about being cold at work and one of the guests said well I'm not surprised dear...your such a tiny little thing. hahaha
Well I'm far from a tiny little thing...but I was so thrilled when she left I shut my office door and burned a few calories doin my happy dance. hahaha.
8. I feel like a new door has opened on my life, new opportunities are coming my way and life is an adventure again.
9. I'm even starting to think I may try a half marathon.
10. I may be a little vain, but when I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror, store window, car window, puddle...I can't help it...I smile
Don't give up until you get to goal its way too much fun.