Thursday, March 06, 2014
If I do nothing else every day, I try to check out my SP Start Page. I personalized it with a few photos that I've cribbed from SP pals, and, more importantly, with photos of family and friends and with short-term goal reminders.
I just looked at my Goal Board Check-in, and saw a photo of Mali, followed by one of my son and his fiancee, followed by "300 Miles! Woot!" and "In the Next Moment, Anything Can Happen"
It always makes me smile.
Sunday, March 02, 2014
Doesn't matter how much or how little Chinese food you ate for dinner last night --
Rule Number 12:
Don't weigh in today!
It had to be said.
Friday, February 28, 2014
My life is a little like a horror story lately, thus, the title to today's blog. Ok, it's a lot like a horror story lately.
The upside is that I'm losing weight. I sent a text to Little Lisa (a "daughter" who used to work with me at J#2) and told her that we need to make a date to get my ear pierced, because I'm at that little goal. She and I made that date when we worked together.
Over last weekend, I did another closet purge and pulled out everything that is too big. Gone.
I spoke with a prospective partner on Tuesday. Whatever your belief system is, I would really appreciate a send-out that he decides that he wants to join my law practice. I really liked him, and, once the stress of this no-partner issue is resolved, I'll be back to normal stress, rather than I want to throw myself over a cliff stress (a little histrionics for you today!).
Now, on to Dee's page to see what day it is, and back to work!
Saturday, February 22, 2014
In an attempt to move forward and out of my funk, here are some other things that have happened in the last couple of days.
1) Thursday night was inventory at J#2, and I worked for a few hours. When I went into the breakroom to put my stuff away before I clocked in, I saw a former manager who had come from her current post to our store to help. I said hi to her, and she nodded perfunctorily at me. As I left the breakroom, she stopped me to say hello and said "you've lost half of yourself!!!" (clearly, she didn't recognize me earlier). I gave her a gracious thank you, and we caught up for a few minutes (during the time that she was my manager, I was one of the few people who she got along with, and I spent a lot of time protecting the younger workers from her...).
2) During my break last night, I sat with a friend and regular customer, who is older and much wiser than I, and told him the deal. He looked at me and said, "From where I sit, you're still in the middle of things. You're looking at the pros and cons, and still doing it. I think that this is wonderful!!"
3) My BFF and I had a text (therefore, shorthand -- BFFs don't need more than shorthand) exchange and she was wonderful and supportive.
4) My husband told me to give it a few days and then call Andrew (my friend and carpetbagger).
5) I was covering a break for a pal last night, and when he came back, he asked me how my "orange is the new black" thing is going. I had NO idea what he was talking about, and told him so -- Are you sure that I told you this? Yep. Maybe I was talking about the Giants? Nope. You were "all uppity" about orange being your new black and trying to brighten your life.
I burst into a grin, and told him that he was right (how does he remember this stuff?) -- I'm wearing brighter colors (especially orange accents. I never wore orange at all until my BFF told me that I should -- and she is right) as I'm trying to make myself and my life happier and brighter. He told me that this is exactly what I told him weeks ago. I couldn't stop smiling as I thought about it.
As I left work last night, I said good by to him, and then turned back and said "thank you!" He was confused, but I wasn't.
Orange is my new Black. Gotta remember this.
Have an orange weekend --
Friday, February 21, 2014
I thought that I had the law partner thing all set up, and she called today to let me know that she had chickened out. I was lovely and gracious, and want to become better friends with her, even if I am not in business with her.
That being said, I want to scream and stomp my feet a little bit.
She has a pal who might be interested. I asked her to have him call me.
I'm tired of screwing around with this. I thought it was set last June. That woman backed out in December. I just had another disappointment. This is so stressful.
I do have a Plan Z. It would be to make some arrangement with a big law firm that I used to work for when I was in law school. I'm still good friends with a couple of the partners, and they would like to sew up a presence in out geographic area (they have allowed me to practice law here unmolested for 22 years because we are friends. They could have put me out of business at any time just because of their Large Presence, had they come into town as carpetbaggers). They are dying to make a deal with me. I just have to make the call.
Not my first choice, obviously. It would be a lot of changes, although I think that some of the changes could be good. I must work for 3 more years.
I can do anything for 3 years.
Get An Email Alert Each Time ILOVEMALI Posts