Wednesday, November 26, 2014
I this funny and thought it worth sharing. Thank you for taking time to read on such a busy day!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!! And now for a treat~~~~~~~Enjoy.
Turkeys will thaw in the morning, then warm in the oven
to an afternoon high near 165F. The kitchen will turn
hot and humid, and if you bother the cook, be ready for
a severe squall or cold shoulder.
During the late afternoon and evening, the cold front
of a knife will slice through the turkey, causing an
accumulation of one to two inches on plates. Mashed
potatoes will drift across one side while cranberry
sauce creates slippery spots on the other. Please pass
A weight watch and indigestion warning have been issued
for the entire area, with increased stuffiness around
the beltway. During the evening, the turkey will diminish
and taper off to leftovers, dropping to a low of 34F in
Looking ahead to Friday and Saturday, high pressure to
eat sandwiches will be established. Flurries of leftovers
can be expected both days with a 50 percent chance of
scattered soup late in the day. We expect a warming trend
where soup develops. By early next week, eating pressure
will be low as the only wish left will be the bone.
- from Mikey's Funnies
Friday, November 21, 2014
Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines,
practiced every day. - Jim Rohn
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
I read this in an email I get daily and felt it to be talking to all of us beginning with "Don't miss the boat!" We are working very hard to reach our goals. Keep on going! (con't after the quote.)
11 Lessons from Noah's Ark
One: Don't miss the boat.
Two: Better listen to God, rather then men!
Three: Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
Four: Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you
to do something really big.
Five: Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that
needs to be done.
Six: Build your future on high ground.
Seven: For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
Eight: Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board
with the cheetahs.
Nine: When you're stressed, float a while.
Ten: Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by
Eleven: No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always
a rainbow waiting.
- from Laugh & Lft
2. Listen to your heart as friends may try to tell you how to make your goals but you know you better than any one. How well do those around you know what works for you? You do.
3. Plan ahead. What are your going to eat this week? What are your plans for exercise? Are you going to wait and see or sit back and watch? No, one needs to know and plan.
4. When you plan ahead, the plans may change but if you wish to learn the healthy lifestyle we are working towards, keep it going . Not sure I want to try to live to be 600 but, a few more years for sure! So I keep trying to add yrs. with healthy foods and walking!
5. Have you been told it's not going to work or criticized for the way you are trying to make your goals? You know your plan and how you have chosen to make your goals. Stick with it, not listening to those who are probably envious of the changes in you!!
6. Reach for the sky. You can do it!! Set your goals to what you can attain and go for it!! You CAN do it. Set YOUR mind to it. When you reach that goal, set another a little higher! You CAN do that too.
7. HUMMM, travel in pairs.............Do you have a spouse, family, or friend that you can share your joys with as well as your woes? The support system is so needed when one gets discouraged. Guess what?? SparkPeople friends understand your thoughts!
8. Remember the saying slow and steady wins the race? You don't need to get the weight off really fast. Remember, it went on slowly and it will come off with hard work and slowly. So if it's a snail's pace, it's still moving.
9. Stress is a killer in many ways and yes, I am one the feels stressed out at times but remember, this is a site you can share those stressors with friends and they will understand.
10. We are the working amateurs and look at us!! We ARE doing it! We ARE making our goals! Take a minute to look back to the beginning of your walk to a healthier lifestyle with weight loss. We are not perfect and we will fall back as we head for the ultimate goals we have set for ourselves. Keep trying and it will work! Don't think about "Starting over" but look at a glitch by picking up where you left off! The beginning is too far back!!!
AND finally, you have control of you!! Let's take it to the top and get to that final goals! Reach for that rainbow in life! Yes, dear friends, you CAN do it and so can I!!
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Many of you know I am "stuck on chocolate" and enjoy my share daily. Actually some days more than others. It is a comfort food and when I saw this posting I just had to share it with you all!!
A good piece of chocolate has about 200 calories. As I enjoy
2 servings per night, and a few more on weekends, I consume
about 3,500 calories of chocolate in a week, which equals one
pound of weight per week.
Therefore, in the last 3-1/2 years, I have had chocolate
caloric intake of about 180 pounds, and I only weigh 165 pounds.
So... without chocolate, I would have wasted away to nothing
about 3 months ago! I owe my life to chocolate!
- from ArcaMax Jokes
What good logic is said here? Hope everyone enjoyed the post and I thank you all for taking time to read it! Hugs!
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's
face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger
and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the
real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love
that I sow now will be many fruits, here in this world
and the life to come. - Henri Nouwen
I think this a very appropriate quote to post for today.
1. Did I offer peace today? Yes
2. Did I bring a smile to a face? Yes, many today!
3. Did I offer word of healing? Yes, delivered with hugs.
4. Did I let go of anger? Some but need to keep working on it.
5. Did I forgive? I do this every day even though I may not know I need to forgive.
6. Did I love? Absolutely and without question, but then we do have to know we are to love everyone and I will work on this daily as well.
How about you? These are emotions that need to be done every day and I hope to remember to do it daily. God bless you all!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time JAMER123 Posts