Friday, October 17, 2014
1. Does anyone know "The Cat Came Back" song? Sing these lyrics to that melody. "But the pain came back the very next day. Yes, the pain came back. I thought it was a goner but the pain came back. It just wouldn't stay awaaaaaaaaay!" Oh, well. I did get a couple of hours of pain vacation yesterday.
2. Dd12 and I spent the morning at the big Children's hospital visiting the neurologist. As I thought, she has orthostatic hypotension that causes dizzy spells due to a growth spurt, hormones and dehydration. While we were there, she got a flu shot as well, which did not make dd very happy. Both kids need to get them though since I can't get the flu shot and really shouldn't get the flu either.
3. Dd and I ate out for lunch. We went to a small Italian restaurant. They did have gluten free crust for pizza but all the fake gluten free breads I've tasted have been like cardboard so I didn't chance it. Instead, I ordered a nice chicken chili.
4. I got a reply from the library director. She told me that they will not be using this presenter again. (I had complained yesterday in a long e-mail to her about the very poor presentation on Chronic Pain Management.) I have to admit that now I'm curious as to what the other four people in the room thought of the presentation. Did they have the same reaction? I would imagine so but of course have no way of knowing and never will.
5. Dd got out of school today because it was already 2 pm by the time we got home and then we needed to bake for a bread order she had due today.
6. Ds had to do school but I did release him from Latin. I wasn't there to help him and he really needed me there.
7. I got my Fitbit working again.