I'm sorry but I want to have Friday be here already!! I need a break, I know it because my body tells me so. I'm hurting all over I think I may have over done it yesterday but I still feel good about it---crazy right---???
Anyway that's all I got today nothing deep and a little short so enjoy-- or NOT...
I saw this on the spark people blog and even though we all the following to be true!! We forget and sometimes need reminding, for me it came at a good time!!
What can't the scale tell you? A whole lot:
1. What a good spouse/son/daughter/mother/father/grandma/ grandpa you are
2. How amazing you are at your job
3. How fast you can run
4. How much passion you have for your hobbies
5. How unique your laugh is
6. How loyal you are
7. How much better your clothes are fitting
8. How much water you drink every day
9. How much you rock your favorite outfit
10. How much you've grown emotionally
11. How great your hair looks
12. How smart you are
13. How much your blood pressure/cholesterol/blood glucose numbers have improved
14. The status of your relationship with food
15. How motivated you are
16. How many flights of stairs you can climb
17. How well you're raising your kids
18. How many lifelong memories you made on your last vacation
19. How thoughtful you are
20. What a great smile you have
21. How much easier it is to carry your groceries since you've started working out
22. How good you are at making healthy food choices
23. How close you are to your friends
24. How loved you are
25. How well you can cook
26. What a genuine person you are
27. How much muscle mass you've put on in relation to fat lost
28. The number of good books you've read
29. How many amazing places you've seen
30. How many volunteer hours you've logged
31. How endearing your quirks are
32. The number of steps you take per day
33. How ambitious you are
34. How many times you've passed up a treat for a healthier option
35. How promising your future is
36. How appreciated you are
37. How far you can walk
38. The number of fruits and veggies you eat every day
39. How you handle stress
40. How funny you are
41. How many inches you've lost
42. How much knowledge you've gained about healthy living
43. How compassionate you are
44. What a good pet owner you are
45. How confident you are
46. The number of compliments you've received
47. How happy you are
48. The number of medications you've been able to stop taking since getting healthier
49. How strong your relationships are
50. How much weight you can lift
51. The number of people who admire and look up to you
52. How many challenges you've overcome in your life
53. How talented you are
54. How much you've touched the lives of others
55. How much you're learning and growing every day
Turns out the scale doesn't know so much, does it? The next time you weigh in, take the number with a grain of salt. Never let the number on the scale become the only measure of your worth; make healthy choices, be consistent and trust the process.
GOOOOOOOD MORNING!!! Spark sisters and brothers!! Yep I'm fired up and feeling the burn!! I was reading yesterday when was the best time to workout? I and them think it should be in the mornings, for a couple of reasons, like less traffic, less people at the gym, you get it done and don't have to worry about it after work, when you may be a little tired both mentally and physically and my personal favorite is you start the day in the right mental attitude!!
I thought about the last one this morning as I worked out and they are right well at least for me!! I killed it this morning and got my right attitude for the day!! The guys brought donuts in because their is a training class ( Go ahead with the cops and donut jokes ) but not for me, I feel empowered and even though I could have one I CHOSE not to, I had my healthy breakfast of Body by VI shake with a banana and strawberries and I will not be denied!!
Lets start the day of right everyday and kick butt!!
The holidays and everything else that comes with it had me gaining and gaining!! I wasn't tracking my food which now I see even more that without this feature (at least for me) I go crazy and more importantly not accountable
So now I erased all my proud moments of the last couple of years and reset my goals and this morning I woke up and didn't make an excuse for not going to the gym or not eating right. I sent a note to all my kids to let them know that I will get to where I was and breakthrough and keep going, I let them know I plan to be around for all the wonderful things I have to look forward to from them.
So here I go again ready to kick butt and take names!!!