Tuesday, January 29, 2013
In September, my oncologist said I was doing so well in my 8 years since breast cancer diagnosis. He thought when I reached the 10 year mark, he would release me to my regular doctor. How excited I was. I had no trouble after the mastectomy and the chemotherapy, although difficult, was completed with no complications.
In January I saw the plastic surgeon about having the implant removed because it was causing pain. He decided to have an ultrasound done first. During the ultrasound, it was decided to do a biopsy because they saw something! That something was cancer, on the same side as the original one!
I have since found out that it is rare for cancer to return on the same side and it is even rarer for it to show up on the side, rather than the top.
This has been a major shock for my husband and I. He is retiring from the ministry in June 2013. Our income was going to be significantly reduced and we were working on how we were going to make it. Now! This! Cancer treatment is not cheap.
I had the cancer removed, 14 lymph nodes, the implant and the left breast removed on Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013. The pathology report showed no cancer in the left breast. Praises to God! All the lymph nodes had cancer. I don't see the Oncologist until Feb 5 but the surgeon is sure I will need chemo, again.
When I was diagnosed in 2004, I was confident I would beat it. I felt the mastectomy removed the cancer and the chemo was just extra insurance. This time, I don't have that confidence. I am 9 years older and have developed other medical problems that I am dealing with.
I do have the confidence that God is with me through all this. I am praying that my spunk and tenacity will return and I will fight "like a girl".
Thursday, October 25, 2012
45 Life Lessons, written by a 90 year old
1. Life isnít fair, but itís still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
4. Your job wonít take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Donít buy stuff you donít need.
6. You donít have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. Itís more healing than crying alone.
8. Itís OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for things that matter.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it wonít screw up the present.
12. Itís OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Donít compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldnít be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eyeÖ But donít worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isnít useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesnít kill you really does make you stronger.
19. Itís never too late to be happy. But itís all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, donít take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Donít save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Overprepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Donít wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, ĎIn five years, will this matter?í
27. Always choose Life.
28. Forgive but donít forget.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give Time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Donít take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didnít do.
35. Donít audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative ó dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone elseís, weíd
grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.
42. The best is yet to comeÖ
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isnít tied with a bow, but itís still a gift.
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Today has been a good day. I was busy cooking, sewing, washing clothes, cleaning. I was able to get a couple of projects done that have just been hanging for way too long.
It is a good feeling to accomplish so much.
Get An Email Alert Each Time LADYPIPPIE Posts