Tuesday, July 22, 2014
I started a blog page... Wish me luck!
Update: The doc found some stage 1 cancer-looking cells. She opted to postpone my scar tissue removal to make sure that I don't have ovarian cancer or cervical cancer. The testing she did yesterday, it was called, "colposcopy," hurt worse than having a DNC! I'm still recovering today, but I will return to work tomorrow. :)
Saturday, July 19, 2014
1. My doctor's office called and moved my surgery from Thursday to Monday. I'll have to call my office and change my hours again. lol.
2. My friend's holding a 1st birthday party for her kid... I have no money for a gift or gas, but I have to show up regardless.
3. Eli and I are going slow. He picked me up yesterday and we went for drinks. We chatted for a bit, as to what was happening in our lives and plans for this weekend. We decided, that I'm gonna cook for him next time we meet up. I can't really cook all that great, but I plan on looking up a recipe in my Hungry Girl books... Maybe I'll use a Paula Deen recipe too. Anyways. I gotta figure it out before Wed, Thurs or Fri next week...
4. Lady's Pokeno Night... Yay... We are having pizza this time... I'm frustrated with 1 person in the group... She clearly doesn't like to be part of the group. Even though she is a mother and wife, she still acts like a shy child in our group. She's gone as far as to only socialize with her mother and sister. I literally mean, she doesn't talk to us the group at all, unless her mother is around, then she will discuss the question with her mom, then the mom replies in her daughters place. Since, I'm the hostess, I'm gonna play nice, but after this year I may drop out for personal reasons.
5. I'm still searching for full time employment. My boss is about to get a rude awakening as I found out 2 people for sure are leaving with no notice at her office. There is a 3rd person teetering on the verge of quitting too! I love working for my company and what I do, but thanks to Obama Care, my company will not hire full-time people without it being an emergency position. What I mean is, it has to be a position where we are required by US Dept of Edu to have, then they will be happy to hire a full time person, otherwise they only want a part timer in the position.
6. Finishing several more paintings... I even have a few more ideas as to what I want to paint... :) i'm happy, but busy.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
O, glorious moon!!!
Eli and I had our first official date, last night. He took me to Raising Cane’s for dinner. Eli, without ever asking me, orders the food. He got my meal exactly how I would order it. Which tripped me out… For a guy to order food and know exactly how I like it, is something else! I’ve never had this happen before. We get the food to-go.
Eli takes us to his townhouse in the Heights area. (The Heights area of Houston is just outside of Downtown Houston. It’s in a well-to-do and prominent area to live. His work is 20 minutes from his house with traffic.) He ushers me in and we head upstairs to the open loft/bedroom concept area of the townhouse. Eli explains the large tv down stairs doesn’t have a blue ray dvd player and asks me to have a seat on the bed.
I sit on the king sized bed. Eli puts on ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ movie and then takes a seat beside me. He places a small side table between us for our drinks. I’m given a to-go box of food and a drink. We watch the movie and chat periodically. I finish off the fries, 1 slice of toast and 4 of the 6 strips… I am only able to drink ½ the super-sized Texas Tea. The food is delish!!! (And totally calorie killing too! I think it came in just under 1,300 calories for last night’s meal…)
At some point in the film, I lay down on the bed. Eli comes behind me puts his arm under my head and around my hips. He cradles my head in the rook of his arm… We are about ½ into the movie, when I shift to face the ceiling and actually talk with Eli. I guess Eli has other intentions though… He leans over and kisses me softly on the lips. His eyes are completely closed when he kissed me too! (I sneaked a peak.) When I kiss him back, he pulls me closer to him. Now, I’m a curvy lady… He pulled me in, like I weighed the size of feather! We kiss for a while… a long while…
I tell Eli, “I’m having a great time. I gotta leave soon though…” Eli just pulls me close and kisses me deeply. His deep baritone voice whispers in my ear, “I wish you could stay Doll.” If it was the weekend, maybe… “Sorry Suga, I’ve gotta go to work tomorrow. I wish, I could too.” He just held me close to him…
I woke up to him kissing my nose. I blushed, and rubbed my eyes… “Suga! Sorry, I’m falling asleep. I need to get home. Come walk me to my car.”
We walk hand in hand, back to my car.…
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
This is just a quick update on what's been going on...
1. I kicked JR and Angel to the curb officially.
2. I have surgery coming up on the 23rd to remove several cysts in both ovaries and start the process of reconstruction surgery.
The short and sweet version of a rather long story... My 1st husband and I got into an argument at his mistresses apartment when I was 7 months pregnant, back in 1999. He pushed me down the stairs and I lost the baby on impact.
I'm better off without him in my life. :) However, from the traumatic way that I miscarried, I have a lot of scar tissue that needs to be removed. With this removal I can try again for pregnancies in the near future, like within the next 5 years. I'm hopeful.
3. I started chatting with Eli. He's..... ummm... For lack of a better description... He's 6'4", stocky Mexican. I kid you not, he looks like a tattooed thug or a bouncer for a club. He actually has a BS in Environmental Science, an AS in Chemistry, graduated with Honors and was part of Omega Delta Phi Fraternity. He's a deep baritone.
I'm hopeful, but on my guard this time. Nothing majorly romantic... Well, a candle lit dinner of pizza at his townhouse yesterday. He actually kissed me, but remained a complete gentleman. I'm keeping happy thoughts for now...
4. My homie g, Anna, kidnapped me and forced me to socialize at 2 different country bars on 2 different nights. I did dance the group or line dances, but mostly danced for Anna or the Lesbian Chicas next to our table (on the right of us). I wanted to keep my body moving the whole time I was there.
Periodically, we would make fun of the young girls and wanna be young girls....
* A prostitute covered more her body than what these girls did... Nothing left for the imagination!!!
* There was a "B-tch, He's MY Man!" fight that got outta hand rather quick, all people got kicked out of the bar, including their bachelor/bachelorette entourage. Anna and I had front row seats to the fight... They were 2 tables to the left of us...
* There was a "Metro" man on the dance floor... Suga, he had a girl in front of him and a guy behind him and was dancing provocatively! I told Anna, he's totally Bi, even before seeing him dance... lol. The dancing confirmed my statement.
* The waitress kept coming around us asking, "if we were okay?" Then the girl would dance with us. She even went as far as to teach us how to do the Footloose Line Dance and the Cooper-head Road Line Dance. She was fun! We left her a $20 tip for the dance lessons.
5. I have several plans going on currently...
* Saving money to buy Os's headstone
* Lady's Pokeno
* Business Plans - for my art work
* Business Plans - for my Interpreting work
* More socializing with Anna
* Budgeting via Dave Ramsey's Envelope System
* Applying for several full-time positions and doing interviews
* Getting back on track with my lifestyle change and exercising
* Buying my goal dress for motivation
* Creating more artwork
* Spending more time with the pups
* Spending less time on social media or other internet sites
* Going back to school for my BS and Master's in Deaf Education
* Saving for my move to San Antonio to complete said degrees
* New tattoo designs to cover up my left shoulder at some point in time
Tuesday, May 06, 2014
So, I am graduating May 9th! YAY!!!
After everything that is said and done, I'm just happy to be graduating. I keep thanking God for this mile stone marker. This will be the first time that I will walk during graduation.
The 2 times before that I graduated from High School and Trade School, I opted to not walk in the graduation. lol.
I am getting my hair done with professional pictures done too. I can't wait!
In other news...
I have a docs appt the end of this month... Not too thrilled about this.
Also, my car got broken into... They stole my backpack with my textbooks. Luckily, I'm fine, the damages to the car are minor and it sucks dealing with claims agents.
Honestly, who the heck keeps a receipt for a Christmas gift from a family member? I tried to explain to the igg-claims agents, I don't ask people for their receipts when they give me a gift. Well, the auto ins claims agent says, either I get the original receipt or I don't get the $200 bucks for my textbooks and school supplies.
lol... Wanna see me pull some stuff from my bum-bum and prove you wrong?? lol... Challenge Accepted!
This is the whole reason why I like working for my job... I can pull strings like no one else.
Until then... Let me go back to enjoying the anticipation of my graduation and walking!
Get An Email Alert Each Time MCYNDYM Posts