Monday, July 14, 2014
I tried my bridesmaid dress on Saturday, and it zipped up easy peasy!! I Lost 17lbs total, 10 inches total: 3" off my arms, 3" off my thighs, 2" off my hips, and 2" off my chest. I feel great! I haven't had sweets at all. I've had alcohol which is my only cheat. I probably cheat with that one too much. Haha, but I'm burning so many calories with volleyball, crossfit, and dog walks/runs that I don't feel that bad, plus I make sure to get my water intake in!
So you can't see too much change, but I can tell with clothes and you can see a bit more definition. This was 5lbs ago. So pretty soon you'll see the difference in pictures. I'm going to take another picture Aug 14th. I start my PiYo challenge, which adds one more cardio/strengthening to my workouts. I'm excited!
I definitely feeling good. I'm finally on track with weight loss. My inches are great but I'd like to see a bit more movement on the scale (even though that's not my biggest concern).
My boss just added gym equipment to the conference room so I'm going to start doing PiYo at lunch! That should be easy to get motivated with it staring me in the face!
Tuesday, July 01, 2014
I like to challenge myself and make my own challenges to add habits into my lifestyle. Today starts my new challenge. I'm doing 31 days of no sweets including pastries, cakes, donuts, cookies, and any add sugar to like coffee or anything. I will do honey on my yogurt sometimes and I will be doing a breakfast scone but only if they are a fruit no chocolate kind of scone. Like this morning I had a pineapple scone with coconut (unsweetened) shreds on top.
Anyway, this is hopefully going to let me detox from sweets. Plus I'm hoping it'll let me drop 10 lbs so I can officially zip up my bridesmaids dress by Aug 2nd. This is kind of try-to-lose-it fast only because 1) I need to zip up my bridesmaids dress there's no other option at this point, 2) it's too late for alterations, 3) I've been slowly losing but that's not going to work for this dress issue, and 4) I like the idea of say, "It's only a month, it's only a month.' So detoxing from my sugar addiction seems likely.
I remember reading that when you have goals, one of the first things you need to do is prepare for the "what-if" obstacles that come your way. So these are my what-if scenarios:
1. Get a craving for sweets: have a chocolate fruit smoothie (tastes like cake).
2. Someone offers me sweets: Say NO thanks.
3. Someone tries to guilt trip me into eating the above mentioned sweets: Say NO!!!
4. Everyone else is eating sweets or talking about sweets: Leave room and get smoothie or have a piece of fruit.
5. Free donuts at work: Cry!
6. Free donuts anywhere: Cry some more!
7. Roommate makes cookies, cookies smell up house: Take Phoenix for a walk and cry when I come back from walk and it still smells like fresh baked cookies.
8. Any of the above doesn't work: Repeat! It's only a month. It's only a month!
9. Go to a party (Engagement party or bachelorette party): Deny the sweets and drink a nice alcoholic beverage these are acceptable at these parties! Then cheers to that and drink another.
10. In 1 month, you will have sweets at the wedding! Remember!! It's only a month!
Haha, in all serious though. I have a 6 day work out routine. 3x crossfit, 3x volleyball and walk/runs with Phoenix, and stretch/yoga rest days. Already got my 1 crossfit in and tonight is my 1 volleyball!
I'm going to get lots of water and rest in! I can do it! And although a bit against all that I've done to change my lifestyle this year, I can go back to moderation after my bridesmaids dress. I mean seriously, what kind of sister/maid of honor would I be if I ruined the wedding because my dress wouldn't zip up!
Get An Email Alert Each Time MEGAMILLIONS135 Posts