Tuesday, January 07, 2014
Yesterday, we had a full spectrum of weather. We went from 5C to -28C from beginning to end. It rained, it flash froze, it snowed. Wonderful. Today we have an extreme cold warning, and the temperature is at -15C, but with the windchill, it feels like -28C. It's not expected to warm up, either.
Only 72 days until spring!
Yesterday was a good day, food-wise. I managed to get in 5 cups of water, and did not make it to the gym at lunch.
Today is starting off great. Breakfast is finished, I'm going to get my lunch packed and then I'll head off to work.
Have a great day!
Monday, January 06, 2014
I went AWOL again for two weeks, but I didn't stop working towards getting rid of the weight I gained before Christmas.
The holidays themselves were not a big issue for me -- so I did alright during the two weeks that I was missing on action from SparkPeople.
On the Friday before Christmas, I came home from work and patched the walls in the kitchen, and brought out all my tools to paint. On Saturday morning, I sanded the patches, I vacuumed the dust up, and mixed my paints, then got busy and did the 'cutting' around the ceiling, but I wasn't feeling all that well. I did as much as I could, but had to stop. I ended up fighting off some flu or virus that lasted until Christmas eve. I stayed home from work, and slept. The painting didn't get finished until the following weekend -- and my place was a disaster area in the meantime!
Finished the painting and put everything away on Sunday, and then rearranged my living room. I also did some purging of 'stuff that I kept in case I need it'. LOL. It felt great to unload all that junk. My place is finally clutter-free.
Health-wise, because I wasn't feeling all that well, I didn't track anything on Spark. I was just too busy trying to get everything finished, too. I definitely didn't drink any water during the last two weeks.
So day 64 will be the day I get back to sparking -- tracking food, drinking my water and participating on the site.
Official weigh-in today - 247.6 -- that's a 2 lb drop since December 23rd.
Happy about this, and am ready to work towards getting into the 230's as quickly as possible. I've been stuck in the 240's for way too long now. It's time to move on!
Have a great day!
Monday, December 23, 2013
Holy moly. I got side tracked big time. Not only did the eatorama continue, but I didn't even bother to weigh in, track food, drink water... talk about falling off the wagon.
And it shows. I weighed in this morning. EEPP.
Official weigh-in..... 249.6.
To be honest, I was expecting it to be worse -- a lot worse. So a gain of 6.8 lbs. I should be back to where I was before the cart tipped over in at least three weeks.
Monday, December 16, 2013
Sunday wasn't much better for me in terms of eating. Went over the calories again, but at least it wasn't all bread.
I've convinced myself that it's because it's been so cold these last few days, and that I've been doing my impersonation of a bear getting ready to hibernate... LOL. Some of the overeating might actually be because of the cold... but the truth is, I have been over-thinking something, and I needed to make a decision.
I was torturing myself, and as a result, I ended up overeating.
Well, this morning, I made my decision, and I plan to stick to it, at least until the end of January. Then I'll have to re-visit the original issue and make a new decision. In the meantime, I am not going to dwell on anything any more. Enough overthinking, enough overeating.
After making my decision this morning, I have had absolutely no urges to stuff my face.
I missed my official weigh-in this morning, though. I wasn't home, and by the time I get there, it'll be about 9 hours after my usual weigh-in time. It's ok, though, I'll have my official weigh-in tomorrow morning. There's no chance that it'll be a drop this week anyway. I know from how my clothes feel that there will be a serious gain. UGH.
So now all I have to do is concentrate on getting back on track and undoing the damage that I did this past weekend. I figure I'll be back where I left off by the end of the month, or sooner, if I make my way to the gym on a regular basis.
On we go -- facing forward only! No more backsliding!!
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Well. What can I say. I took a serious detour from the 'track' and am back.
First, the deeds:
- Thursday morning someone brought in cookies and cupcakes. Somebody else brought in cookies and pretzels. Guess what I did? I ate. And I ate, and ate and ate and ate. I alternated between the cookies and the cupcakes and the pretzels. Then, to kill the sugar rush, I went down to the foodcourt and bought myself some chinese food for lunch. Then I came home and ate a bag of popcorn. Holy overload of food.
- Friday was not so bad -- no sweets. We spent the morning preparing the food for the holiday gathering that was taking place in the afternoon. Cutting fruits, cold cuts, veggies. Arranging platters, etc. Then the grazing began. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, mostly picking at the bits and pieces all afternoon. Then I came home and ate bread. Lots of bread. This went on all night.
- Common denominator on both days -- I skipped breakfast! Skipping breakfast for me is NOT a good thing. Not going to do that any more.
- It was mostly emotional eating that I was doing, and I need to deal with what's been bugging me as soon as possible so I don't let myself continue to backslide. I have a huge decision to make about something, and I'm too chicken to make it. (The unknown is such a scary thing sometimes.)
- Other than walking almost all day on Friday, there was no exercise.
Next, the results:
All of this adds up on the scale. Big time. I weighed in this morning (not an official weigh-in), at 248.2. That's a HUGE gain. I'm hoping that most of it is water retention from all the sodium that I consumed over the last two days.
Monday's official weigh-in won't be a drop, that's for sure.
Finally, the fix:
Getting back on track today will begin the damage control process. I'm drinking my water, and my breakfast was a good healthy one.
I'm going to walk up to the mall to pick up some drywall plaster to patch the walls in the kitchen, and this afternoon I'll do the patching. Tonight I'll sand the patches, and then tomorrow I'll paint.
Have a great day.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MIMMICA Posts