Tuesday, June 03, 2014
And since I've been working in ballot processing, here is my two cents' worth of advice: please follow the instructions and vote correctly. The write-in line is only for valid, registered candidates. Do not write in your friend's name or Mickey Mouse or "none of the above". If you don't want to vote for any of the candidates, leave it blank and save your wisecracks for Facebook.
ANYTHING on a write-in line causes the ballot to be spit out of the machine, and it must then be handled by a team of workers who manually review the ballot against the list of candidates and then resubmit it for tabulation - this extra time costs taxpayer dollars, so please don't waste it.
For a list of registered candidates, see your city/county's elections website.
Tuesday, April 01, 2014
I wanted to share this excellent article about struggling with food issues.
How I Lost 60 Pounds Without Dieting Or Eliminating Food Groups
by Nowreen Nazmi
Saturday, February 15, 2014
I had an epic fail yesterday.
I ate well all day, went for a long walk, drank my water, went and worked in my storage unit for a while... and then I went to the grocery store hungry.
The end result? A bucket of fried chicken, a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy ice cream, and a very upset tummy.
11) NEVER GO TO THE GROCERY STORE HUNGRY.
That is all.
Friday, February 07, 2014
Thanks to BEAUTIFUL_REINA for asking a question in her blog that made me think about the things that help me succeed in weight loss. I needed this reminder, as I've been in plateau, (which I euphemistically call "maintenance mode") for many months now, and have not yet reached my goal weight.
Having these clearly stated will help me to follow them better and have more SUCCESS!!!
1) Do not allow any "trigger foods" in the house. (For me this includes just about everything made with flour.)
2) Have healthy snack foods prepared in serving sizes and always with me, so that I don't have to go more than 2-3 hours without food.
3) Drink water. Drink water. DRINK WATER.
4) Always track food as I go, even if it means writing it on a piece of paper and carrying it in my pocket.
5) Eating after 8pm is a no-no. If it is necessary due to late classes etc., then just a protein drink.
6) Exercise helps curb my appetite, so brisk walks or short bike rides throughout the day in addition to the gym help a lot. If I just need 2 things from the store, I walk or ride.
7) Keep my hands busy - knit or crochet when watching TV or any other time I'm tempted to snack mindlessly.
8) Remind myself that it is OK to feel hungry sometimes, and 3 hours will NOT kill me! (See #2 and #3.) Those hunger pangs are the feeling of FAT CELLS SHRINKING.
**** *** * *** ****
In addition to just posting this here, I'm going to print them in big font and put them on the fridge and pantry doors to remind me that I CAN DO THIS.
**** *** * *** ****
Monday, January 13, 2014
Update on my fall at the gym on the 7th of January. Here is how my leg looks today, the 13th:
Look, I'm a rainbow!
It looks pretty spectacular, but now that the swelling has gone and it's "just" a bruise, it doesn't really hurt (unless touched, obviously).
I was avoiding anything higher impact than walking, but yesterday I did a little jogging on the treadmill and it's totally fine.
Today is warmer, so I'm gearing up to go for a real, outdoor-type bike ride! Haven't done so in ages, I'll be happy to get out in the sun.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MOVEITMARY Posts