Thursday, November 27, 2014
I woke up dreaming of past Thanksgiving. Most memorable, were the Thanksgiving I cooked for a girlfriend, her boyfriend, and his family, or the ones I went to other people houses, to avoid my family of origin drama, the ones were I ate with my brother and sister, full of family drama. Since being married to husband, and his very large extended family, we have had Thanksgiving at Great Grandma's. When I joined the family ( 19 years ago) it was a sit down, pass the rolls dinner for 40. 40 people who knew I was 6 months pregnant, had dated Steve for less than 4 months, and then the threw me a surprise baby shower. Since that time, the family has grown to over 80, with a buffet. which leads me to today's problem; the buffett is filled with turkey ( paleo) mashed potato ( not paleo) potato rolls ( not paleo) sweet potatoes covered in marshmellows, brown sugar goo ( not paleo) you get the idea. If I want to have something that I can eat, I have to take my own. which brings me to todays goals:
1) spark, spin the wheel, blog, check in with teams ( completed )
2) send oldest son to store for things forgotten and TP ( completed)
3) make cranberries sauce with no sugar, sweet potatoes with no sugar, spinach salad with pomegrantie dressing
4) go to great grandma. last as long as I can stand the crown ( i usually bag out early) eat moderately, tracking on my phone.
5) go to Mocking Jay movie with my children.
the regret portion- I wish I had parented my children differently, with organic veggetables and the paleo lifesyle, I wish I had been a stay at home mom, who spent more time with her children because now they are big, and social, and I am looking at a lonely empty nest.
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
SO far I have been up on time, tested my sugar ( 188, a bit high but I ate an apple at 3am). Went to the gym, walked for 30 minutes, Sparked, made breakfast, sparked some more... the whole thing is an avoidance to go to work. which I will go get ready for and go to right now.
rest of the day plan.
1) write two reports, pray the mail brings me records. goal met
2) help Bailey deliver pies. discuss with him who fundraiser is a pain in the rear. eat lunch at my desk afterwards. not so much. both bailey and I forgot. I took a nap, went back to work.
3) met with Jake and the letterman jacket graphic guy
4) buy some vegetables which got fogotten yesterday ( Not so much, avoided it for thursday)
5) make dinner. ( i discovered gluten free pizze)
6) enjoy my children's company. ( not so much, all of them off being social.)
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Two significant things happen today. The princess comes home for thanksgiving break! and it's payday so I can do some shopping, which never happened this weekend. I am hoping I can give Princess the debit card, and the list and have her go for me. I think I can bribe her with the concept of buying what she wants to eat for the week. If that doesn't work for her social schedule, I will go after my doctors appointment. Before I get side tracked, here is the daily plan.
1) wake up on time. COMPLETED.
2) check blood sugars. Completed, woohoo 153 fasting.
3) go to gym with catlady, buy membership and treadmill for at least 30 minutes.
4) pack lunch with spinach salad, vegetable soup, celery, egg and avocado for snack, and fruit for water jug.
5) go to work. Be on TIME. ( I aim high) complete at least one of the three reports due tomorrow. they are not actually due tomorrow, they are due over the weekend but with the holiday, I have to get them done early. I really wish I could work Saturday, when they are due but boss says no.
6)Go to doctor appointment. Discuss alternatives to my very expensive medical regime. cry. vent. really wish I made more money. Be thankful for insurance,and a doctor who understands.
7) grocery shop for dinner, food for Wednesday, Thursday.
8) make dinner of some sort... really wish I could have a private chef, house cleaner, butler, gardener person. daydream some more.
9) go to bed by 10, so I can do this all over again on Wednesday.
Sunday, November 23, 2014
It's finally the last week of November. It is also two days before payday. No serious shopping this weekend, living out of the freezer till Tuesday. I planned out the meals, and called Grandma to see what I could bring on Thursday.
Sparkguy "sparked" me to start using my blog for the daily plan. He uses a spread sheet, and I get enough of those at work, being a social worker forced to keep data, I prefer the more social aspect of the blog. that way my spark friends can interact with me. Which I really appreciate. I love the feedback.
1) prep for the week.
I cut up celery and carrots already. I need to bake the chicken breasts. Jacob, trying to make wrestling week, has taken to eating lunch at home, and I need to double my chicken for lunch time. I made veggie soup, and just have to put it in mason jars once it's cool. I'll freeze it. Soup is a great 3 pm snack when it's cold and nasty outside. I've planned out the menu. Tomorrow is the football banquet, so dinner will be whatever the coach decides. The football booster's cater the dinner. Tuesday, Jake asked for shrimp tacos, and I'll have mine over southwestern chop salad. Wednesday, the traditional meal is pizza. I'll feed them, and have my toppings over spaghetti squash. thursday, friday will be turkey and leftover turkery. Saturday, we will have Steve's birthday dinner. Most likely ALL YOU CAN EAT Chinnese. At least they have a Mongolian grill side to the restaurant. Jake is going to go shopping later today so we have milk, and fresh stuff to last till next Saturday, when I can do big shopping.
b. Exercise. Doing laundry all day so I have clean work out clothes, and socks.
C. De-cluttering. I cleaned off the dinnering room table, and the three kitchen counters. Hooray for me. I have made one of my November goals.
D. Spark... I have logged in, checked my email, checked in with the BTN team, and am almost done writing my blog.
Saturday, November 22, 2014
So, it's really the fourth week of November. Again, this week was lost to pain and agony. Well, at least pain. I have yet to de-clutter my bedroom. last Saturday night, waking at 3AM to put the dog out and get a class of water, I walked through it in the dark. Deeds done, and I attempted to walk back to bed. I tripped over something, I think an empty laundry basket and went down. Hard. On my right side, catching my fall with my arm, and wrist. My husband, ever so concern about the string of obscenities that fell out of my mouth, said " where are you,?" and promptly fell back asleep. I army crawled to the edge of the bed and using my left arm, hoisted myself up to bed. Where I huddled, with my dog till morning. I was mad at him for not paying attention, mad at my house for attacking me. Sunday came, and I saw a string of lovely dark blue bruises, almost purple, up and down my right side. And my wrist hurt. I took pain pills, and nursed my arm. Monday came, and I showed off my bruises to Catlady, and declined to walk, or go to work. Tuesday came, and I declined to walk, but made it to work. I repeated this pattern all week long. My body has decided that it really doesn't like the cold weather, makes my fibro pain worse, so I don't know if my aches and pains are because I got hurt, the change in the weather, PMS or fibro. Thursday, we ( catlady and I ) decided to try lunchtime walking, hoping that the weather had warmed up. Instead I had a fight with husband about money, and Texted her that I needed to vent. My response to my anger was to want to eat. We went to lunch, and while it was a "diet meal" under 600 calories, it wasn't paleo. Thus began the slide off program. I had kielbasa with nitrates for dinner, and Friday- tortillas ( four of them). S0 to analyze the slide, things that I have been doing that I need to correct...
1) Not waking up in the morning. 2) Not walking, 3) not making breakfast, 4) not packing lunch. What to do about this? One plan is to move the alarm to the bathroom, where I will hear it and get up. So my plan for next week is to get up at 5am. Which gives me time to wake, test sugars, make breakfast shake, and be ready for when Catlady comes. Second, I am taking advantage of a holiday deal, and joining the gym Catlady belongs to for this winter. This gives me access to a really nice treadmill, so my steps will increase. My poor SPAT, I haven't had a workout since 11/5/2014. Third, packing lunch the night before. I am just sick of salad. I need to expand my lunch time options. I bought new Pyrex Tupperware so I can take left overs from the night before, or some cooked chicken breasts with frozen veggies. Tomorrow, I am making and canning some veggies soup. All paleo friendly.
I started paleo February 2014. I changed my password at work to celebrate this, and every morning and again when I have to wake my sleeping computer, I am reminded of my commitment. Every ninety days, I have to change my password, so I am up to paleo password number 4. I have cheated far to many times. I really miss tortillas, and chips. I often run out of paleo options before payday. I read on PALEOHACKS, that each time you eat gluten, you set your healing and recovery back 6 months. So it some ways, cheating wipes out all my work. I am truly committed to this lifestyle. I could go on about how hard it is, and it is not easy, or convenient but I am committed to my healthy. and gluten does bad things to my fibro, my IBS, my mental health. MSG gives me migraines. Sugar, and sugar saddened goodies raise my A1C. So, every day I will start with a commitment. TODAY, for this meal, for this moment, I am PALEO, I aim for Health with each of my choices.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MRSKATEDUVALL Posts