Tuesday, April 29, 2014
So first an update. I fulfilled almost none of my March goals from my last blog. And never even made April goals... which I guess was good since I wouldn't have made those either. I have been maintaining... which I guess is better than my typical gaining that happens when I'm not actively trying to lose weight.
I hit a 2 month speed bump for two reasons (not excuses, just explanations):
1. The main reason was that, for reasons I am not going to post, my Husband and I were going to postpone having a child. which was my main motivation right now to lose weight and get healthier.
HOWEVER, we are back on track with our plan of starting to try sometime this year, soon-ish. Yay :)
2. The girl in first place for the weight competition at my work is so far ahead that there is zero chance of catching up unless I lost a significant amount of weight and she started gaining. She started 20lbs heavier than me, and is now 1lb lower than me and I have lost 12lbs! She started a little under 200lbs and has pulled out a 7lb loss in one week (no, not the first or second week of the competition)... a 5.5lb loss one week, a 4lb lost multiple weeks. I don't get it. She claims she is not doing any fasting or special diets, just eating within her ranges, carrying her baby well she does chores, and eating really healthy (chicken, veggies). Apparently she gained a significant amount of weight with her baby and this is her baby weight she is losing... I have never had a baby before so my only guess is that baby weight is easier to lose. At the weight we are at right now it is only healthy to lose between 1-2lbs a week. Anyways....
That motivation was gone. Except the compeition only has 23 more days, and because it was extended a month (was supposed to end a week ago), the host of the competition is gunna see if everybody agree's to a $100 second place prize. Right now I am only 1% behind the girl in second place... we have been battling second this whole time and in the last 2months she passed me.
With baby-making time approaching soon again and the potential to actually win something for 2nd place, I have a new spark (pun intended) to get back on track. I really didn't veer THAT far off track, so I don't think it'll be too hard.
(last weigh-in for the weight loss competition is the 22nd and I leave to New Orleans for a wedding that day as well)
4/29/14 - 5/22/14 Goals:
Exercise (outside of walking to the cafe for lunch): 4x week - minimum of 10mins
Food: More fruits/veggies for snacks, less other snacks. More salad/healthy leftovers for lunch during the week, less spontaneous veering from the salad bar to get a sandwich that sounds moderately healthy.
Weight: lose 4.5lbs (to achieve this must weigh 162.5 or below)
FINALLY move from "Obese" into the "Overweight" BMI (will achieve this by only losing 1lb...so I better lol)
Saturday, March 01, 2014
I decided that making goals are helpful
Here are my March goals:
- Lose more than 3.5lbs (165lbs or lower by April 1) - On the same note - Leave the Obese zone for BMI and enter the healthy zone (166lbs or less)
- Drink only water or green tea 90% of the time. The other 10% may be wine, low cal Gatorade, or a sip occasionally of whatever my Husband is drinking (Exception - Mardi Gras party)
- Use the Elliptical at least 3 times a week
- Up my time spent on the Elliptical by 5mins before the end of March, and continue to spend that amount of time on it every workout there-after
-Eat more veggies than I did in Jan & Feb
-Try spaghetti squash
Saturday, March 01, 2014
So here were my goals in February and how I did:
My goal is to lose 4.5lbs in February which would bring me from 172.4 to 167.9. So ultimately my goal is to be under 168lbs at the end of February! As long as I make progress in February I will be satisfied with whatever happens. It would just be really great to be able to reach that goal weight.
So I didn't lose 4.5lbs in February, BUT I did lose 3.8lbs! I was only .7 away from making my goal. Honestly, I am thrilled about that. To be honest, I never thought I was actually going to lose 4.5lbs in February, as I am still easing into this lifestyle again. I just figured I work work harder if I knew I had a big goal. Also I was sick at the beginning of February. I often gain weight when I am sick, and in addition take weeks after the sickness is gone to start being healthy again. This time I maintained my weight well I was sick, and continued eating great after I felt better. Overall I might not have reached my goal set forth in my blog, but I am far exceeding what I actually expected to accomplish in less than 2 months of turning my life around (total of 10lbs lost!!!)
Some none-weight related goals I had for Feb:
- Drink only water or green tea 90% of the time. The other 10% may be wine or gatorade.
I was 100% on point with this other than one sip of my husbands Snapple Apple every time he had one. I even kept my Gatorade drinking (I drink the low cal Gatorade) to a minimum and drank more water instead. I had skinny moscato wine twice this month. Overall I am very happy with my drink consumption choices for February.
-Step up my exercise routine
Eh, kind of but not really. I guess I did step up my exercise routine in the sense that I am now using my elliptcal instead of just using the stepper. But at the same time, I am not exercising any more frequently, which is kinda what I meant when I wrote this goal. Still, it's progress, but I would like to make bigger strides in March.
- Eat more veggies than I did in January
I think I ate about the same as I did in February. Small success though - I am eating veggies I normally don't or haven't in years. So I have upped the variety of veggies in my life, so hopefully that will help me to eat more in March.
- Focus on portion control
I feel like I didn't do too great on portion control for the first half of the month, but did really great in the second half. I think I am happy with where I am now.
- Exercise on work mornings 2x a week in addition to some night workouts & walking to the cafe for the salad bar at lunch.
I did the worst at this goal. I didn't exercise once in the morning. I'm still hoping to change this in upcoming months, but I feel so sleep deprived all the time that the thought of waking up a half hour early is not something I feel like I can get on board with right now. I am okay with this for now. I know sleep is very important to losing weight as well. Also there was a lot of snow/windy cold weather in February so there wasn't much walking to the cafe. More often than not I just brought my own lunch to avoid going outside. A few times I drove to the cafe and a few times I walked when it was bearable. With March hopefully brings nicer weather where I can start walking there more. And last but not least (clearly I should have broken this goal into 3 goals lol) I worked out at night as much as I did in January, as mentioned above.
Overall pretty happy with where I'm at :)
Upcoming thing I am stoked about and WILL achieve in March: Once I lose 2.6lbs I will officially be out of the "Obese" zone and into the "Overwight" zone on the BMI scale! What this means for me? Everything. My main reason for losing weight other than my own health, is to be at a healthier weight before me and my Husband start trying to get pregnant. My doctor said that she doesn't think I should bother killing myself to get into the "healthy" range since I will obviously not be keeping my physique very long, but that I should shoot to get into my overweight zone to be healthier for/during pregnancy and a healthier weight could help up to conceive quicker (plus, less weight to lose post pregnancy!). After hearing that, I came up with my game plan. I want to be down to 155lbs before we decide to start trying to get pregnant. This is smack in the middle of my overweight zone. Then once we start trying, I will continue to try to lose weight (carefully, in case I get pregnant and don't know it) until I find out we are pregnant (cross your fingers for us - that pregnancy actually happens). Hopefully we can start trying and I can get closer and closer to my "healthy zone" or possibly I will even reach it before we conceive.
Okay that is all for today because this thing is getting long and I doubt anybody is going to read the whole thing anyways.
ADIOS! I'm off to prepare the crockpot for some sparkrecipe potato soup and then it's time for some exercise while watching the Biggest Loser on our DVR.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MS_MANDA Posts