Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Back in September, I joined the Biggest Loser "Fall Into Fitness" challenge... and I am so excited about the results I've achieved from it! My goal was to lose 15 lbs. during the 10-week challenge... and not only did I meet that, but surpassed it!
Here are my results:
Weight: 17.9 lbs. lost
Body fat %: 1.9% lost
Upper arms: 0.5 in. lost
Chest: 0.75 in. lost
Waist: 0.75 in. lost
Hips: 1.5 in. lost
Thighs: 1 in. lost
Calves: 0.25 in. lost
TOTAL: 4.75 inches lost
So looking forward to starting the Winter challenge... I need something to help me stay focused during the holidays!
Saturday, August 31, 2013
Had a fellow BLC team member post a blog like this earlier, and I liked it so much that I decided to do one myself...
Things that I love...
My loving hubby...
we will celebrate our 10th anniversary this NYE!
My wonderful boys... who agreed to "retake" this pic for me...
Back row: stepson Danny (20 --› 28)
Middle row: son Aaron (15 --› 23); stepson Chasse (16 --› 24)
Bottom row: stepson Caleb (14 --› 22)
My "baby", Lambchop... a Morkie (Maltese / Yorkie) that I rescued from a shelter almost 12 yrs ago...
My "new" pups, Chewy & Chunk... these 2 are brothers (yes, from the same litter, believe it or not) that my youngest stepson's dogs (mom - yellow lab & dad - daschund / blue heeler mix) had last Thanksgiving...
The girls I call my friends... (L to R)
1. Twila is my true BFF - the closest thing I will ever have to a sister
(we were born together on an Army base, grew up together, went to school & church together, were in each other's weddings, and are godmothers to each other's kids)
2. Shauna is my work friend - she's young enuf to be my "adopted" daughter, but she's the kinda friend you can share anything with
3. Kelly is my close college friend - we met when attending different levels of nursing school (me - RN, her - LPN) and became instant friends, and she's the crazy friend who's great to party with (and also shares my love of NASCAR!)
Last, but certainly not least, is my dad... I love that he & I have grown so much closer since my mom passed away, and enjoy every single minute that I get to spend with him. I was always a "Daddy's Girl" growing up, but consider myself even more so now!
For all of these people & fur-babies, I consider myself truly BLESSED!!!
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
I accepted a challenge from KALISWALKER's blog... to write my own version of "My Top 10 Good Things" list. I'm always looking for new ways to inspire myself & keep myself motivated!
1. I only have 4 lbs. left to reach my "low wt" for 2013.
2. I am getting into my smaller wardrobe.
3. As I "shrink" out of my bigger clothes, I am donating them to Goodwill.
4. I have made several new Spark friends in the past couple of weeks.
5. Since I've been on medical leave, I have used my time to spread the Spark.
6. Prior to injuring myself, I had begun running again.
7. I have been adding to my "motivation pic" file to keep myself on track.
8. Despite being on crutches for the past month, I've kept myself from gaining weight.
9. Once I reach "onederland", I plan to run a 5K.
10. I will be getting off my crutches this Friday, and re-starting my fitness program.
My fitness theme is - "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"!
My Fitbit step record - set my record of 16,011 steps back in April. Plan to shatter that record very soon (ASAP after getting off my crutches)... would like to hit 20,000 steps in a single day!
Spark Friends... I challenge you to make your own blog - My Top 10 "Good Things" list to focus on your positives instead of dwelling on the negatives!
Friday, August 02, 2013
This month has definitely been a roller coaster... between my hip injury, medical leave, my son's visit from Florida, and my big birthday blowout last weekend, I have had one busy chaotic month! So I wasn't really sure what to expect this month and was honestly just hoping not to GAIN too much by the end of the month...
Here's my results as of August 1st:
Weight: 0.6 lb. gained
Body fat %: no change
Upper arms: no change
Chest: 0.25 in. gained
Waist: no change
Hips: 0.5 in. lost
Thighs: 0.25 in. gained
Calves: no change
So, even though I didn't lose any weight, I gained less than a lb. after doing ALOT of partying (i.e. drinking & eating totally "non-healthy" food) just last weekend... so I will consider this month a success! I still have a couple more pounds to shed (4.5 to be exact) to get back where I was, but once I get off the crutches and can actually workout, I think that will be no problem at all.
At the end of last month's blog, I wrote about looking forward to running again... unfortunately w/ the hip injury, that is going to have to go on the back burner for awhile. I don't want to take a chance on reinjuring myself after I get released from the doc. So I think I'll stick to some lower impact activities (esp in the water) for the next couple of month!
Until next month...
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Just a quick update:
Had good news today at physical therapy... I am progressing well enough that they upped my weight bearing status from just "toe touch" (which is basically nothing) to 25-50% weight bearing (which is so much easier to maintain).
Fortunately this happened just in time for our big birthday bash this weekend!
AND while I'm blogging, I'll just add that I'm very excited that my son will be here from Disney tomorrow! YEAH!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time NASCAR_CHICK Posts