Wednesday, February 05, 2014
So this week's special challenge is to blog about my goals & action plan, so here goes...
I have my short-term goals broken down into 5% weight loss goals. So far I've reached 15%, and by the time I reach my "ultimate" goal, I will reach 45%. I also have a couple of "milestone" goals thrown in for good measure. So my upcoming short-term goals are as follows:
20% Loss (218 lbs)
25% Loss (204 lbs)
"ONE"derland (199 lbs)
30% Loss (190 lbs)
No longer "Obese" (185 lbs)
35% Loss (177 lbs)
40% Loss (164 lbs)
No longer "Overweight" (154 lbs)
45% Loss (150 lbs)
Initial goal is to reach 175 lbs... and then maintain this for at least 6 months
Once I know that I can maintain this weight, then I would like to work towards 150 lbs
*** I do plan to start the process for a panullectomy, which is removal of the abdominal skin apron caused by weight loss, once I reach my first LTG of 175. I've already visited w/ our cosmetic surgeon at my hospital, and he prefers that patients who have this procedure come see him as soon as they reach their goal weight. He then requires them to wait 6 months to see if they will be able to maintain their weight loss. If they are able to, he will then perform the surgery. He believes that I could lose anywhere from 5-15 lbs. from the removal of this excess skin, so that would make my final goal of 150 lbs. very close.
1. Track everything I eat to monitor nutritional intake & keep my calories in check.
2. Workout at least 4x / week, for a minimum of 30 minutes.
3. Go to gym at least 2 of those workouts each week.
4. Do a monthly workout challenge w/ co-workers & friends.
(currently doing the 31-day Squat & Pushup Challenge)
5. Continue to participate in the Biggest Loser Challenges on SP to help maintain my motivation & accountability.
6. Donate "outgrown" clothes to Goodwill as I "shrink" out of them to prevent me from having a buffer to fall back on if I gain weight.
That's it in a nutshell... this is what I want to do, and how I plan to do it...