Saturday, September 13, 2014
Yesterday a grand nephew asked me to name ten books that have impacted me and continue to influence my life in some way...not worrying about "right" answers, or thinking too much about them...just making a list. Have you ever done that? Here's my quick enumerating...
You knew that would be my first! Sixty six books in all...but for me especially Hebrews, Romans, the Gospels, Genesis, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and Psalms!
2. Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
3. Surprised by Joy and The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis
4. The Hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkien
5. Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin
6. Shakespeare's plays...
particularly Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet and MidSummer Night's Dream
7. Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
8. Night by Elie Wiesel
9. Sophie's Choice by William Styron
10.poetry from countless books
What's your list? ... ...Enjoy!!