Monday, September 01, 2014
Labor Day...Monday...First of September...must ponder what has been good and not so good recently...review time... I always like to start with the bad news...
1. not sleeping so well lately
2. have gained some weight again
3. still dealing with the "stones"
4. that's enough!!!
Now the good news...
1. am daily edified in scripture and prayer during quiet times alone and with DH
2. have energy to do all the tasks that need working on each day, plus my SP fitness
3. have been able to make most all of our meals with DH this summer
4. have discovered that I like avocados and cilantro now
5. continue with tap class once a week
6. enjoy several Bible studies with others
7. am blessed by many SP friends who encourage and speak truth in love
This past year has brought a bunch of health challenges my way. Nothing major...just very uncomfortable and disruptive "conditions"...shingles...infected cyst...badly sprained right arm and wrist...galloping case of poison ivy..and kidney stones. So...stress...hmmm...holding on to too many have tos and musts (along with a liberal smattering of shouldas, couldas, oughtas, etc.) What I'd really like to do is hide out for awhile and finish the clearing/cleaning out process we've been s..l..o..w..l..y chipping away at. But people are way more important than things...so I add meetings when I'm asked to fit them into our busy schedules...counseling ...checking in with so and so to help with thus and such...
I know this process will take much longer than this brief chat...but I always want to get on to the action...so...
1. get my night routine in better order so I'm off the computer and into a book sooner...9P.M. at latest!
2. drop at least 3500 calories a week...especially cut out the sugar and pretzel nuggets temptations!
3. wait patiently for the next step in the stone process...but keep on with the water, water, cranberry juice, water
4. restart my strengthening exercises (which I discontinued when we began doing more yard and garden work)
Boring, perhaps...but necessary to get this on "paper"!!
(Sorry, no photos today...just hard realities!)