Monday, November 26, 2007
Ow. You know, that resistance band video seems so easy...but boy can I feel it the next day.
Keeping myself accountable, what have I done over the weekend on my quest to make the last few days of 2007 COUNT:
Saturday - Resistance band video, 20+ minutes going over the combos on the new bellydance video again and again and .... again...trying to get them right.
Sunday - 20+ minutes working on a different video, teaching 3 hours of dance class.
Joined the Just Do It team....made just for me I think, lol, to help be accountable every day....especially while waiting for the next LC challenge to come around. I feel like I wasn't as involved in the last one....being sick sort of took the wind outta my sails....
Really working on DOING it rather than just thinking about it...and being content to start where I am...It's so easy to get tangled up in where I THINK I should be...starting right here is good enough. Period.
Friday, November 23, 2007
There are 38 days left of 2007. I COULD beat myself up over all the things I didn't accomplish...or I could make the most of every day left, and that's what I'm going to do!
I can do ANYTHING for 38 days, right???? Right!
Here goes the list...what I get done, I get done, what I don't, there's always next year!
1. Take better care of my skin. I focus so much on my weight, that I often neglet taking basic care of stuff like this...and then I look in the mirror and wonder where that "old looking" lady came from!
2. Establish better routines with my meds...I feel better, I function better. Nuff said.
3. Work on building more cardio into my day, so I can increase my stamina for dancing. So...to be specific...20 minutes of cardio a day for 38 days. That is REASONABLE (am I trying to convince myself or someone else, lol?) and DO ABLE.
4. Get those 8 glasses of h2O in every single stinking day!
5. Do my stretching. I am so bad about this it's not funny. I should probably put it up even higher priority than my cardio in fact...or at least same priority, or my back is going to get me again.
6. Get control of my money!! Lousy time of year to try this, lol, but procrastination is not my friend...so "do it now" needs to be my motto. Start putting my change away again, start putting $ I earn from private students into savings again instead of using it....
7. Get my sleep and USE my CPAP. Period.
There could be a lot more, but these are all relatively simple things and well-rounded goals instead of that all consuming single goal of "lose weight!"
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Today, I think I'm finally working from a better place emotionally. Whew...what a relief to wake up and feel like I can deal with what life throws out instead of waking up and wanting to cry at the blink of an eye!
Wanting to make tomorrow a very laid back, fun day...hoping it turns out that way. Regardless, I have control of how I REACT to it, don't I??
What am I thankful for this year?
My job....and the $1 raise I got yesterday, whoo hoo!
Dance and the amazing women it brings into my life...
Lots to be grateful for!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
One of my goals this month is to stay in the top 20 for points in my favorite team, the Lesbian Cafe. This was not a easy goal...these women are ON it - they work hard and their points are amazing to show for it. I fell to below the 20th mark yesterday.
While an old part of me (the willing to give up so easy part!) only sees the failure, a newer more resolved part of me sees, 15 days of success!! In fact, had I not been ill last week, then ill AGAIN this week with a secondary infection, I am pretty confident I would have made it through the month. I may still get back up into the above 20 range and that's awesome, and I'm not going to quit trying now.
I've already decided next month I'd like to be in the top 15 - and I feel good about it!!
Now...it's Saturday, and I have to work since I missed so much time....boo. :)
Get An Email Alert Each Time NOREGRET2010 Posts