Friday, January 25, 2008
As of this a.m., I'm down 5 pounds from the first of the year. I am two pounds from the lowest weight I have been in over a year.
I weighed 240 in May, 2007. That was for like...a day. Maybe two. I haven't been UNDER 240 in a really long time. A year? Maybe more....
Those two pounds are going! To get under 240 would be amazing to me after last year...
I fully credit cutting the sugar and the BL cardio dvd. I hate doing the dvd. I mean I simply DESPISE every minute of it. But it is obviously making a difference. My stars on my calender show me I put in 4 hours of cardio last week, in 30 minute increments. That is huge progress for me!
Yay! Go me! LOL...that is so typically not me - self praise - but I'm telling myself, dammit, I worked hard, be proud of it!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
The LC challenge is in full swing...and we are to list a long-term goal and medium and short-term goals on how we will get there.
I've been decidedly sucky at setting and reaching goals. I procrastinate a lot...a LOT. I set ridiculously unattainable goals, then I get discouraged and fall off.
Story of my life.
So, I've been contemplating. I have a bit more time......but I'll be frank...I've been overweight a long time, I posted at the end of 2007 how I'd lost the SAME 5 pounds about 10 times last year...and that has been how it's been. I'm afraid of failing - AGAIN. So I want to take my time and make a goal I can ATTAIN and then figure out how to get there.
Stay tuned...same bat time...same bat channel....
Monday, January 21, 2008
Hmm, I've not posted as regularly as I'd commited to...here's to fixing that this week!
I've realized something about myself...not necessarily a pleasant something either.
I will go to great lengths to avoid exercise. Procrastination...rationalization...just plain laziness to boot. I tell myself I'll do it tomorrow, or later...or whatever. I dislike it and I avoid it.
Hence I weigh 244 pounds at 5'. Not a great ratio there.
So, I'm working on it. One of the things I started may sound silly, but you know, whatever works...I bought some rainbow holographic star stickers. For every 30 minutes I do cardio, I get a sticker. It's amazing how happy and proud a 43 year old woman can get looking at her accumulated star stickers, lol. When I don't exercise for a couple days...those boxes on the calender are empty and they SHOW me...I haven't been exercising again.
Hey, if it works, I'll do it.
I seem to be losing a pound a week. Not the most impressive in sheer numbers, but hey if I could do that for a year, I'd be in Onederland! That would be awesome. So...I'll take my pound loss this week and be happy with it.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Not a whole lot to report.
Struggled with late night munchies last night - first time that has happened in awhile. Had an extra 10 cal jello snack then told myself that's it, no more and stuck to it, tho it was not as easy as I wish.
Wanted to get on the scale, but decided in the end, I'm not feeling so secure and if it showed any kind of gain, I'd flip, so I just didn't get on it.
Watched BL last night, and when Jillian was talking to the daughter on the pink team about resolving her stuff with her mom...or she would eventually just put the weight right back on...it depressed the crap out of me. I will never have the opportunity to resolve stuff with my mom, her dementia is too far advanced. When I get really to a place of needing to try to work on my stuff, I write her a letter which I then just destroy, and it does help...it's just not a permanent resolution apparently.
The emotional crap underneath all my weight...the addiction to sugar....sometimes it seems insurmountable. I'm working on TODAY...sometimes just the minute I'm in...and that's all I can do. Make better choices, today, right now. Plan ahead and have the healthy food available and keep working out. Every little bit DOES count, it doesn't have to be perfect, I just have to DO it.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
I'm a week down in my journey to getting more fit before my trip to Rakkasah. What worked (or didn't work) this week?
1. I lost a pound. Finally. It sure takes a lot more effort to lose a pound than it did when I was younger.
2. I've cut my sugar down by 3/4, by my best estimates. This is getting a little easier, as long as I keep sugar-free stuff around to eat when the family brings home junk I don't need or coworkers have cake...for the third time in two weeks.
3. I've started eating oatmeal every a.m. For one, waaaay lower in fat than a sausage/egg mcmuffin which used to be my breakfast, and saving me probably $20 a week on top of it. After experimenting, I realized one serving (packet if at work, "real" oatmeal if at home) was not cutting it, so I went to 2 packets of the lower sugar or weight control oatmeal at work, and the "heart healthy" serving (basically 1.5 servings) of old fashioned at home. This really cut my midmorning munchies down to nothing. Not overly excited about the "weight control" oatmeal from Quaker...sorta nasty tasting if you want the truth.
4. Again, in the eating more seems to be better, I've switched from a 6" sub plus baked chips to a footlong sub, no mayo - just fat free honey mustard and no chips for lunch, again really cutting the afternoon munchies. Seems to be working. It's also the only bread I'm having a day, and that seems to be helping. Once I get started on the rolls, or the garlic bread...well, I can't seem to stop, so this is a good ting.
5. Workouts not happening as consistently as I would like, tho better than before the new year at that.
Lastly, I'm relieved to report the Biggest Loser Club DID refund the $59.95 when I explained I THOUGHT I was signing up for the $19.95 NOT the $59.95. Kudos to them for their customer service.
HOWEVER, I'm not signing up for it again. AFter seeing what is on there...it is not anything better than Spark at all, which I get for FREE. Others may find it helpful, it didn't "do it" for me.
I've been off the LC board almost entirely, too much work - no time. Feel like I'm missing out on the challenge completely, tho I have been trying to keep in contact with coach/coachee.
Get An Email Alert Each Time NOREGRET2010 Posts