Tuesday, January 09, 2007
and what have I done to help me attain my goal of being my best in performance for the Unmata show March 31?
* I've got 220 minutes of cardio under my belt
* First troupe practice - they looked great!
* Made healthy food choices 90% of the time the last few days.
* Lost a pound, woo hoo!
* Made decisions on costuming style...now just have to carry them out!
* Got payment for the ad mailed.
* No candy for two days, this is a record!
* Weighed daily, not to see if I lost weight but to keep my honest, yes I weigh over 200 pounds. Seems pretty darn easy to "forget" that little tidbit of info unless I weigh daily.
Motivation is easier to keep going when I keep feeding it...feeding my motivation rather than my mouth.
Still have fears about "what if I fail? What if my choreography sucks? What if I'm the one who makes mistakes? What if everything is a bust???" Working on taking one "bite of the elephant" at a time helps, rather than procrastinating out of fear...
I can do this! I can get healthier, lose a little weight, and dance my best ever on March 31!!!
Thursday, January 04, 2007
My blood pressure is creeping up. My mom had several small strokes by the time she was 60ish...I don't want that to be me.
So...What have I done today toward my goals?
1. I weighed. Not to see if I lost weight, I didn't, but to remind myself in a concrete way of how much I weigh.
2. So far, 4 servings of fruits and veggies. For me, this is a blooming miracle.
3. It's 2 pm, and I'm under calories...by about 500 calories. That is a success I haven't had so far. Usually, by this time, I've past my daily allotment, so I stop counting. I should be able to have dinner AND stay under my goal of 1550. Another freaking miracle.
4. I went to the doctor this a.m. for first time in a couple years. Working on getting in for an annual exam. This is progress - I usually don't go unless I'm sick.
Other things I need to work on: Using my CPAP. Why do I not do this? I feel so much better when I do...sigh. Getting some exercise in...none so far today.
Not taking everything so uber personally....I let my feelings get hurt too darn easily. Period.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
It's back to work, back to routine and hopefully back to focusing on my goals, dreams and health!
Joined the 1 day challenge team...hey, even a slacker like me can do a challenge for one day, eh?? Today was 3-5 arm strengthening exercises and I did 3. It's a start, right? Right!
89 days till my first major goal date....what do I want by then? In the past, I would have said i want to lose at LEAST 20 pounds - hey that's three months, right? I can do it! But the reality of setting myself up for failure so many times has left me deciding to start small...after all, I went back to Stage 1 of Spark to re-start and start small soo.....I think my goal will be half of that old less realistic goal - 10 pounds by March 31.
So far today to attain that goal I've:
*Done the warm ups from www.mydailyyoga.com
*Done 3 arm strengthening exercises
*Read 3 Spark articles
Yet to do today:
*Eat at least 3 fruit/veggie servings
*Eight cups of water
*Dance 15 minutes minimum
Monday, January 01, 2007
I have 90 days till March 31 when I sponsor the incredible Amy Sigil and Unmata. Trying to decide on realistic goals to set for this....definitely have to do something, or Amy's signature "kick ass" workshops will literally kick my completely out of shape heinie to the floor.
Setting reasonable goals has never been a strong point of mine! I tend to set completely unreasonable goals for myself, thus jumping into the self-defeating cycle of setting myself up for failure.
Along the way, I have other events I can set as "mini" goals - Feb 2 my classes are performing at local Winterfest....Feb 10 the studio I lease space from is hosting a huge showcase and we're also dancing in that...I'm getting my troupe back up off the ground and we'll be dancing our butts off getting ready for the Unmata show as well...
Trying not to set myself up for failure....I am reminded of a therapy appt once, where he said "hmm, you seem to THINK alot about stuff you want to do...but do you actually get up and DO it Lisa?"
Heh. He had me there.
Sunday, December 31, 2006
"Even the best of us can be guilty of unknowingly hurting our own progress. Procrastination, lateness, being disorganized, pessimism, not being honest with yourself, severe self-criticism, downplaying achievements, focusing only on weaknesses while ignoring strengths, keeping goals a secret, demanding perfection, giving up after a small setback--these are all ways you can make it tough to be (and do) your best."
Sometimes I WISH i could point to someone else and say "it's YOUR fault!", but the reality is - I have a habit of taking the blame, for everyone and everthing. Yet, I didn't see I've been standing in my own way.
I'm a little afraid...I'm 42 years old, do I know how to get out of my own way? Can I learn?
Get An Email Alert Each Time NOREGRET2010 Posts