Wednesday, December 01, 2010
This is my blog entry for the 5% Winter Challenge Team declaring my goals and committment:
1) I will log a minimum of 30 min cardio 5 x a week during the 8 week challenge.
2) I will strength train 2 x per week of the challenge.
3) I will follow the low glycemic index diet given to me by my doctor daily, with 4 meals outside those limits to account for the holidays.
4) I will log every bite I eat.
5)I will blog a minimum of 5x a week during the challenge.
6) I will honor my team mates by participating to the fullest extent of my abilities each assignment given during the challenge, as well as work on building relationship with my team mates.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
When I saw the doc yesterday and she put me on The Diet...I felt confident. Heck, if I could do that stupid medically supervised fast surely I could do this, eh?
Then I got to thinking about bread...and potatos...and rice...and sweets and thought "I'll never do this" and what did I want, and want RIGHT NOW??? all of the above. But I did not "go there" and I got through it. Today, so far so good. Had a lil mishap thinking chobani greek yogurt with fruit "really wasn't bad compared to plain" - um, yes, it was, LOL. But it was a "learning opportunity" and I'll move on and sin there no more.
If the doc is indeed right...and my body thinks pretty much any grain/so-called empty carb equals a donut and needs to be drenched with insulin...then a lot of this makes sense. Surprisingly so.
Frankly, this is far less restrictive than what I've done to myself untold times! I can have fruit...I can have some healthy fats...I can have all the veggies (that are low glycemic index) that I want. Way better than some things I've done to myself!
I'm tracking, and it seems like a lot of food...this 6 small meals a day thing. In reality, I'm still eating around the same amount of calories...but they are coming from different things - not breads, not starches, not sugar. My fat intake is right on the money with the tracker indicators.
So why am I freaked out that I'm eating wayyyyy too much?
Probably because for years I've skipped a lot of meals and I'm used to barely making my calorie intake for the day. Yeah, I'd read all those things about not eating enough and thought, whatever. Now I have to wonder....
It will all be interesting to see how it comes out in the wash....
Monday, November 29, 2010
Went to the doctor today, been waiting for this appointment for 2 months with a specialist in hormone/metabolic issues. It gave me hope, and i'm cautiously optimistic.
She said by looking at me she can see I'm having problems with insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome (and I'd heard this before, but no one told me how to deal with it). She said she is also testing me for estrogen dominance and more specific thyroid stuff than I've been tested for in the past.
Put me on a diet - Low glycemic index, low (not no) fat, and I will see her in a month. God knows, if I could do a supervised fast for 3 months and live on shakes, i can do this!
And, i'm sick as a dog. Chest/head cold. I've been up now for a few hours and i'm exhausted, so that's it today. Hopeful. hopeful is good.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Mmm. so so day.
on the plus side:
* found the Winter 5% challenge team and joined, woo hoo! Starts Dec 1.
* realized I'd calculated wrong and only need to lose 12.4 pounds in eight weeks (um, yes, I am taking college prealgebra, why do you ask? LOL) for the challenge, not a crazy 30 pounds - cuz I was thinking "maybe this isn't for me"....
* Did 30 minutes on the Wii
On the not so great side:
* I think I'm getting sick, tight chest, coughing, headache. ARGH!!!
* Outside of working out, today has not been productive cuz I feel like crud. But...I have to motivate and get some of it done or I go into the week wayyyy behind. Not good.
*haven't eaten well today, not enough and what I did eat was low in nutrition. That, however, is easily fixed and I'm going to sign off here and go eat something good for me and get my butt in gear on laundry and picking up the house so I'm not starting the week swamped.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Part of what must happen for success for me is to be here, to "come to work" as it were...and not just log in, spin the wheel and be done for the day.
Someone made a crack about their job was so easy, all you have to do to be successful was to "show up". that's what I need in large doses, to show up at my SparkPeople 'work'.
Today I did a 30 min Wii workout. When the nice weather hit I put it away and hadn't bothered much with it, but now that there's snow and freezing conditions, it's a great way for me to get some cardio in.
Went into some of my team pages and looked around, said a few "hey how are yous" and changed up some of my goals. You know, reasons to be here! next will be stopping by a few sp friend pages and saying hey, I appreciate you!
So, i feel pretty successful with many things today - I was a grown up and didn't procrastinate about the homework I needed to do for school, the kitchen that looked like it'd thrown up on itself after thanksgiving, and I pampered myself and got my nails done...and i'm not doing too terrible on the water consumption either!
All in all, success. What did YOU do right today?
Get An Email Alert Each Time NOREGRET2010 Posts