Thursday, April 12, 2012
This week has flown!
Bijou the dog is waaaay better, my partner is finally getting better...and life has been hectic.
1) Put on a little makeup every day last week. Not quite so good this week, but still a huge improvement. Investing a few minutes into my self is good.
2) Meds - On track with allergy meds/antidepressant for a week. Finally. Now trying to add in some of the other things that make me feel so much better - Vitamin D and chondrotin/glucosamine.
What needs more attention:
The antidepressant is key to the rest. If I'm not taking it regularly, I fall into apathy and do none of it. Note to self: Take it. Doh.
Wednesday, April 04, 2012
I'm here - I've logged in, spun the wheel, and started my day by at least thinking about my health.
No workout, had to take partner for CT scan due to the continuing woes with the concussion. Here's to hoping it all comes out negative, meaning she's "just" having a hard time getting over a nasty concussion and there's not a blood clot or something.
I did choose to say "No, I have a plan for dinner" when she suggested we "just" do drive through at McD's for dinner. Came home and made quiche instead. Calorie wise probably not the most healthy dinner, but it was made from real food, and that was my goal.
Going to make today day 3 in my run of "putting a little effort" into getting ready in the a.m. - because it makes me feel good, not because I need other people's approval, LOL.
Remembered to drink water yesterday, at least a few times.
All in all not a bad day.
1) Drink water again. What an idea....
2) Continue putting on a bit of a face before I leave the house
3) Organize a bit for upcoming commitments
4) Practice relaxing and not stressing over money. Stressing about it isn't going to change anything and only makes me feel crappy.
5) Take my meds. Can't emphasize that enough...such a simple thing that makes me feel better, gives me better coping skills, and I have energy when I take my vitamins.
Tuesday, April 03, 2012
Feeling better this a.m., likely because I had a great night's sleep! After little to no sleep Sunday night, I sort of zombied my way through Monday. Last night was troupe night, and we did a 90 minute bootcamp type of video, 45 min strength training followed by 45 min of dance training. Kicked my butt!
So sleeping like a rock last night was exactly what was ordered!
Rest of my goals yesterday were met - Did put a little extra into my appearance, took meds, and did work on finding some balance....lunch wasn't quite that successful - I ended up having no time and came home and had a bowl of cereal. LOL, coulda been worse tho!
1. Repeat yesterday as far as taking a few minutes with my apperance and ENJOYING putting on some makeup. Thinking of it as something I love, but for whatever reason I don't allow myself the time to DO IT - it makes me feel better about myself, that I'm put together when I head off to work.
2. Meds. They are there to help me, it takes literally 30 sec to take them...just DO IT.
3. A few minutes to myself. As an introvert, I NEED that time to recharge my internal batteries. I literally had the drive to and from home for lunch (10 min each way) as the only alone time I had yesterday...and that doesn't cut it.
4. I'd like to get back on track with going to the gym for my cardio. I have a meeting from 5-5:30, when I would typically go...depending on the chaos that is my life, LOL, I'm aiming to go when it's over. BUT, I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't make it.
So much for today's forcast....every day is an interesting adventure!
Monday, April 02, 2012
Weekend of trying to recoup from too much work/stress ended with very little sleep last night...you know the drill, tossing and turning, getting up, going back to bed...Today will be a long day with work, then teaching a semi-private class, then a 2-hour troupe practice. Definitely no time for the gym today - and that's why I usually try to do it on Tue/Thursday - less commitments!
Why the sleep issues? Hard to tell...maybe I took too long of a nap in the afternoon, but I'm also having some stress-related stuff, anxiety etc going on. You know, worrying about things you can't control!
1) Put on a little makeup. Too often, I go to work straight out of the shower. I like makeup, I like feeling a bit more put together than wet hair and no makeup at all. Why don't I make the time for it then? Good question.
2) Eat healthy for lunch, whether that's coming home to do so or hitting Whole Foods for a bowl of soup....
3) Water - not diet soda or other calorie-filled beverages. Water!
Update on doggie: My doxie, Bijou. We took him to a different vet for a 2nd opinion. We'd gotten him into the clinic where we usually take him for the first appointment about his back, and were not satisfied with the result. They didn't want to give him any pain relief, and were pretty brusque and quick to be done, oh, except for scheduling more appointments for x-rays etc. So I spoke to a doctor I work with who actually used to be a vet herself and had her own practice before she went back to school to become a pathologist, and she suggested a down-to-earth local vet she really trusts and took her own pets to. So we saw them and were really impressed with the care in examination he took, he really checked Bijou out for neurological deficits (found none), and then gave us lots of options, starting with conservative measures and moved up from there. He said he doesn't honestly believe Bijou has ruptured a disc - he thinks it was more a back strain, and gave us a pain reliever/anti-inflammatory, suggested 10 days of rest, crating when necessary to keep him from jumping on/off the furniture or chasing squirrels out of the yard, etc. Exactly as he said, Bijou has gotten better and better through the weekend. We'll be making ramps for the places he tends to jump to help protect his back, and not allowing him to sit up for treats any more. He's only 4..and has likely another 14 years of life ahead of him, we want him to be healthy and strong!
Sunday, April 01, 2012
March was one sucky month! A minor car accident, ill health, my little doxie hurt his back, more illness, partner has concussion from aforementioned accident, and...more illness.
So WELCOME APRIL!
1. Find some balance. It's either been work like a dog or collapse from exhaustion. Not much in between.
2. Continue to work on purchasing healthy food that has not been "tampered with"....Watched Food Inc a couple weeks ago, need I say more?
3. Take my meds every day. Every day, take my meds. I'm 48 years old, why is this so stinking hard for me?
There was some good news in all the muck that was March. My son, after 6 months of treatment/observation was proclaimed...not to have a schizophrenic disorder (at this time at least). He was part of a special county mental health program doing intensive work to diagnose psychotic disorders, which a therapist or two had bandied about with him. This program worked with him a couple times a week, did a lot of testing and therapy...and they said: No psychosis. This is a relief beyond relief. What they did say? Intense anxiety...one of them said probably the highest anxiety they had ever seen in anyone, child or adult.
So, transferred care to a doc who specializes in teens with anxiety/issues...a medication was started and...
Wow. Change is happening. Good, good change. Not only here at home, but the school called (usually means there's a problem) to say, wow, Mike is....talking. Mike is .... pleasant. Mike is doing work. Mike is being social...Whatever you're doing, keep doing it!
So - one very, very wonderful thing is coming out of March. Other than that, hel-lo April! Glad to see ya!
Get An Email Alert Each Time NOREGRET2010 Posts