Saturday, March 08, 2014
UPDATE - MARCH 2014 - NEW YEAR, NEW ME!!
Since my last update I have lost about 15lbs. So I am now down 55lbs in total. This has been a rough year so far when it comes to weight loss. I keep fluctuating and I am working so HARD! Here is what I have been doing:-
1. Walking/Jogging twice a week, 3 to 4 miles minimum each time. I have also added bursts of Sprinting to that because I read that it helps to burn fat. I might add that this includes 2 bridges. I trudge/speed walk over one at the beginning of my workout and the other at the end.
2. Cycling 3 times a week, either 4, 6 or 8 miles at a time.
3. Playing (or should I say fumbling to play) Tennis twice a week (in the middle of two of my cycle days), anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours at a time with my son.
Please note that I rest on Wednesdays and Sundays.
4. On the eating front I have gone from having 3 balanced meals with two healthy snacks a day eating less meat to now a Moderate Protein / Low Carb way of eating with NO Snacks during the week. I might add that when I say Low Carb I mean no Starchy Carbs. No bread, flour, potatoes, rice, pasta. I am still within in my carb range according to my tracker. I get most of my carbs from fruits and nuts. I am still off sugar and desserts. I eat fruits for desserts.
5. I have a fledgling start in strength training and as I write this I realize that this may be my secret to consistent weightloss. I now have 5lb weights and a medium resistance band. I have yet to work those into my schedule on a regular basis.
6. I have as a goal to run as many Fun Runs and Charity Races that come my way this year. I have already done the Susan G. Komen 5K Race For The Cure (which I was training for all last year) and I also did a Fun Run with the Bahamas heart Association (my first time with the runners).
7. I have joined a few Team challenges here on SP and I have even begun to tackle the emotional side of my eating with the book "100 Days To Weightloss" by Linda Spangle and doing a book discussion with my Emotional Eaters Team.
8. I am also about to join a New Year New You Fitness challenge at work next week. It will be for 10 Weeks and it's in conjunction with a local gym. They will work us out so I am looking forward to that. Zumba, Spinning and Class Aerobics!
My Goal this year is to get to Onderland. I. Will. Do. It. Even if I have to scrape my way through and come out the other end with bloody nails. I will do it. I am not giving up because I do not want to lose ground and have to start over.
So someone, please help me. Why is my weightloss not consistent. Why is it fluctuating, why do I get these mini plateaus???
Tuesday, January 07, 2014
I CAN DO IT Because.....
I am a confident, disciplined person and can achieve anything I want.
Eating fresh, wholesome food makes me look and feel great.
I love my life, and every day of it is a blessing.
(Borrowed this from Beyond Diet)
Monday, January 06, 2014
We are all faced with events that cause us to deviate from our healthy plan EVERY SINGLE TIME!
Here are my 3 Most High Risk Events & How I Will Protect My Diet Program During These Events
Plan Fun Physical Activities.
Have One or Two of the Healthier Options Available.
Stash A High Protein Snack.
Dance or Move Around Talking to Friends.
WHEN PRESSED FOR TIME
Manage Time Better.
Always Endeavor to Have Pre-Portioned and Pre-Packaged Healthy Snacks Available.
Choose HEALTHIEST Available Option.
Throw in Another Fun Workout To Counteract Any Slip-ups.
What Are Yours?
How Do You Plan On Dealing With It Next Time?
Saturday, January 04, 2014
On Plan - Clean Eating, Well balanced Meals.
Plan B - Stay as balanced as possible. One meal at a time.
On Plan - Healthy Options.
Plan B - The 80/20 Rule.
On Plan - 10 Minute Videos Daily.
Plan B - Some sort of Laid Back Movement. Eg: Crunches in Bed, Wall Push-ups while Cooking, Bicep Curls while watching TV, or Stretching Videos.
On Plan - 4 Days of Cardio Activity, Weekly. Jogging, Biking, Sports with Son.
Plan B - Be careful to stay within my Calorie Range when skipping exercises.
On Plan - Track Meals Thoroughly.
Plan B - Rely on Memory and Routine, Eyeballing measurements and other tricks (smaller plates) when not tracking properly.
On Plan - Get Enough Rest.
Plan B - When not getting enough rest, make sure I am at least diligent my multivitamins and water intake.
Get An Email Alert Each Time PAQTEQ Posts