Sunday, April 21, 2013
I revised my goals today.
1. eat until comfortable, not 100% full.
2. Eat enough protein
3. get enough calcium
4. stay active
5. do spark coach
6. read the Bible
1. shop for healthy foods
2. pre-cook and chop foods to have ready all week long for easy meal planning
3. plan meals and exercise sessions for week
4. measure weight gain or loss, skinfolds, girths
5. blog at least once per week
1. track % body fat, muscle mass, fat mass, weight
2. recap and evaluate the effectiveness of my program
3. Walk/run a 5 K or 10 K
What are yours?
Friday, April 19, 2013
Today I read about triggers.
No, it does not mean trigger foods (also known as red light foods) that may cause one to overeat.
So, "What are triggers?" you might well ask. They are the things that spur you on to glory and victory. they motivate you and put you
"in the zone."
They can be music that pumps you up. Do you have a favorite workout song/playlist?
They can be motivational phrases and Positive self-talk, that inspire you to greatness. NEVER GIVE UP! Yes I CAN!!!
Sparkpeople has many inspirational quotes.
Triggers can also be motivational videos and motivational blogs.
A vision collage can be a great trigger to get you in the zone.
Reviewing all of your successes and woohoos can be very motivating and lift your mood.
Prayer, helpful Bible verses, dedicating your transformation to God, all of these can put you into a state of grace that empowers you to succeed.
Get your head on straight and make things easier on yourself. Build up a repertoire, an "entire stock of skills, techniques, or devices used in a particular field or occupation"
"repertoire." Dictionary.com Unabridged. Random House, Inc. 19 Apr. 2013. dictionary.reference.com/browse/repe
I want to add to my repertoire of tools.
Any suggestions ?
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Wow, it has been a week since I blogged. Reason?I have been spending more time doing 3 things that are on my list of things I am proud of.
1. Reading the Bible: I aligned my goal to exercise more with my goal to read the Bible, so now I read the Bible while walking on the treadmill, listening to an audio recording of the Bible while I read it.
2. Listening to hunger signals and eating to 80% full. this habit is really challenging t me still, but smetimes I have aced it.
3. Shopping for new foods and cooking more meals from scratch. I am making a list of meals that I can cook well to use as a baseline for go-to meals. I am on the way to making a baseline food plan instead of planning on the fly, one meal at a time.
Thursday, April 04, 2013
Today everything went wrong.
Everything you tried to start when practicing consistency and good habits didn't work at first. There was a stumbling block for each planned activity.
So, you worked around the problems. You told yourself start where you are , use what you've got, and do whatever you can to be a little better than before.
No all or nothing thinking trap for you. You were great! You could not do x, so you substituted activity y.
You were aware of your priorities and based your action on them. So, you ended up doing a lot instead of being a failure or quitter just because your plan got foiled.
Plan after plan was foiled today, but still you managed well and did SOMETHING. This is something to be proud of. This behavior was very positive.
This positive behavior will inch you towards your goals of being fitter, stronger, healthier, happier.
The most important thing you do every day is exercise. DONE
You eat right (clean eating, no processed foods, eat slowly to 80% satiety. DONE
GREAT JOB! YOU ARE AN ACHIEVER! YOU ROCK! WOOHOO! YOU ARE A WINNER! YOU ARE GREAT! You are a success, an inspiration, and admirable!
NEVER GIVE UP!
Monday, April 01, 2013
Last week my dentist forbid me to exercise. That caused my exercise compliance to go down to 60%. NOT GOOD!
I am aiming for 90% compliance so that my program will show results.
It will take a while to get all the exercise made up, but I noticed that a week off did not destroy my strength and agility gains. GOOD TO KNOW!
Get An Email Alert Each Time QUERIDAANA Posts