Tuesday, December 31, 2013
- survive this stressful job for 1 more year (substitute teacher)
- find more time for my family (especially my 2-year-old daughter)
- find time for exercising during the busy day
- walk to work as often as possible
- beat stress and depression
- survive till the summer break and have a marvelous summer vacation
- try to see the positive side of things, and not beat myself up if I fail
- cook and eat healthier food more often (apples, cabbage ...)
- be more involved in SP community
.. and many more ...
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
It's Week 3 of the Summer 5% Challenge.
Up until now I've been happy with my progress and met goals.
However, since Saturday and the wedding I went to, I started to slack and eat after 7 again. It's been 3 days and I'm working on putting a stop to this, but it's not easy.
Why now, you may ask.
Well, school starts on September 2nd here. As an unemployed teacher in Croatia, I have to look for any job openings at the beginning of the new school year. The unemployment rate in my region is very high, and there aren't enough job openings as there are unemployed teachers.
This same day last year I applied for the first job for that school year, which ended up to be just one out of numerous applications I sent in the past year. I was lucky enough to finally find a substitute job in February at my last work place, but I worked for only 2 weeks, and then 2 weeks nothing, then I worked again for 8 weeks, then nothing, and again for 2 weeks in May. All in all, at least there was something.
But, the time of looking for the job is very stressful and long, as many of you know I'm sure, and in stressful times, it gets so hard to stay focus on eating right. I have problem finding motivation to exercise, and I don't want to gain more weight.
My husband has been very supportive but he can't do the exercises or go through this instead of me.
Somehow, I must force myself into taking care of my body.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Today is Day 4 of the summer 5% challenge.
It's still very hot here. Yesterday was the worst, the heat was awful and I didn't feel very well. I managed to do some walking in the town and that's it.
Checkpoints (for Days 2 and 3)
1) exercise daily -
Sunday: 120 min - an excellent day
Monday: 20 min - could be better
2) eat in moderation
3) eat breakfast - didn't, I'm not doing well with this part, it's so easier to just drink coffee. I have to work on this.
4) no late night eating
5) drink plenty of water
6) post hour commitments - didn't do it, I have to find time for this one
7) check in with my team and record progress
I'm happy with these first days of the challenge. I walked a lot, I did some strength training, went on a bike ride, did indoor walking and heavy cleaning.
I avoided late night eating, which is huge for me! And I didn't eat double portions during meals for the past 3 days.
Most of my goals have been met, but I still have to:
1. make myself eat breakfast
2. post my hour commitments daily
(to not eat food until the next meal time) - this helps me avoid mindless snacking
+ try some new exercises
Saturday, July 27, 2013
It's 9:30 pm and Day 1 of the 5% Summer challenge is almost finished.
It was very hot here. The construction workers are still working on our building and the windows have to be closed throughout the day, and it's soooo hot, I'm literally melting. My daughter is very sensitive to AC so I have to use it only when I really can't stand the heat anymore.
But despite the heat, I worked out.
1) exercise daily -
100 min: 40 min walk, 15 min strength training, 5 mion warm-up, and another 40 min walk
2) eat in moderation -
3) eat breakfast - didn't, I just drank coffee
4) no late night eating - still in progress, but I won't eat
5) drink plenty of water -
6) post hour commitments - didn't have time
7) check in with my team and record my progress -
Get An Email Alert Each Time SELINA2512 Posts