Thursday, May 08, 2014
So I went and gained all the weight I had lost back. I am trying so hard to not go right back to failure mode. Where I give up and say that I should not even try because I cannot ever do this. I will not give in to the ugly voice in my head that says I am destined to stay this big.
Here is the plan for getting back on track (and how I am doing so far):
1. I have to, have to, have to track my food. I get so lost in the day and mindlessly munch. The tracker makes me stop and think. - I am starting this back up today. Mobile app will help.
2. I have to have a consistent daily exercise. Not a full routine to start back up but moving as much as possible until I am at a point to work out. (started this yesterday. Walked to pick up my son from school instead of driving.)
3. Remember the goal. I have to take the time for me to stop and remember why I want to lose weight. (started this Monday. Checking in with Sparkpeople every morning helps)
4. No late night snacking. Unless I have not eaten dinner until then, no eating after 8 pm. If I start snacking, there is no stopping, even if I start with healthy snacks, it devolves into a junk binge. I know this so plan accordingly. (Started this on Monday as well.)
5. Weigh in Weekly. Keeps me accountable. If the weight crawls up, I need to ask myself why?
(Started this with a weigh in yesterday.
OKay I will also need to blog regularly to give myself pep talks, putting it out there in writing really helps.