Tuesday, July 01, 2014
So now that Iím thinking whatís the next step for me? July will be all about focusing on nutrition. We all know that I workout like crazy but itís not resulting in weight loss because my food intake is still my biggest struggle. So I will be going back to my usual workout schedule. Running on non gym days with 1 long run a week and focusing on strength training on my gym days (FM=400). I read about this app in the newest issue of Fitness Magazine www.rise.us/ . Itís an app thatís $15 a week and you send pics of everything you eat from your smartphone to a nutrition coach, who then sends you feedback. If I do this for a month, thatís $60 and just 1 meeting with my dietitian is either $50 or $99 so the price is not bad. Plus Iím worth it. (Still waiting to get my invite to join.)
I pledge to
1) Preplan my meals every morning
2) Eat my carbs at breakfast and lunch and dinner will be protein and veggies (they can have carbs)
3) Look into sugar free eating and find adequate replacements for the things that I eat that have sugar in them. I want to start SF in August
4) Finish reading Body for Life for Women and implement the plan for Milestone 3 Perimenopause and Menopause
5) Stay way from my insensitive foods Ė Gluten, Green Beans, Dairy, Onions and Eggs
6) Write it BEFORE I bite it, including the time I eat
7) Max out all of my Nutritional Challenges for the BLC25 Navy Ninja spreadsheet
This blog was supposed to be my goal for June but I'm 1 month behind. Just had a lot of things going on in June but I did try to live by my 7 pledges. Some better than other.
I'm still NOT back to my goal weight. I really think that focusing on nutrition and going back to my heavy lifting will do the trick. But even if the scale doesn't more as long as my bodyfat goes down, I'll be thrilled.
I also found a new to sign up for. It's Oct 18. I also ordered The Runner's Diet book. I'm hoping it will help with me figure out how to eat to fuel my running AND lose the extra few pounds.