Monday, May 26, 2014
10 Disgusting Things Only Moms Do
1. Wipe snot with your bare hands. Proceed to wipe said snot onto your pants. What are you to do if your child blows snot and you don’t have a tissue?
2. Smell things to determine what they are. Is that poop? Did you just throw up? There’s only one way to tell…
3. Stick your hand in the toilet. Those pacifiers aren’t going to retrieve themselves.
4. Smell someones butt. The easiest way to determine if someone has soiled a diaper is to shove your face up against it and take a deep breath. Yep, that’s poop.
5. Wear baby spit-up with no intentions of changing. Yeah, I know I have spit-up on the front of my t-shirt – I can smell it, too. But what’s the point of changing when I’m going to be spit on again in 20 minutes?
6. Pick someone else’s nose. “Let me get your booger” is a phrase commonly heard at my house. I see them there and I just have to get them. Doesn’t gross me out in the least.
7. Allow your kids throw up on you. One time Brady got sick, started throwing up all over me and I just sat there and held him while he did it. I quickly moved into the bathtub before the second round hit but never once did I push him away from me. He needed to feel comforted much more than I needed fresh clothes. All moms do it. I’ve even known a few to catch it in their hands.
8. Investigate poop. The color, the amount, the texture… these things tell us a lot about our kids bellies. It also usually gives us too much insight into their last meal.
9. Clean their face with your spit. A good spit shine is just as good as a wet wipe.
10. Catch their unwanted, chewed up food in your hands. “Eww I don’t like this!” and then they lean over and spit the food into your hand before you have a chance to hand them a napkin. Why they feel like this, and not their plate, is the best option, I don’t know.
Tell me…what gross thing have you done as a parent?
Monday, May 26, 2014
Happy in the Lord today! There is no other feeling like it. I was just Blessed with forty dollars. I blessed two people this month and it has been return unto me!! Isn't that Wonderful.. I give and expect nothing in return, yet God is such a loving God. He takes such good care of me.
e Praise and Glorify Him in the Highest.
I just wish everyone could feel the joy that I am feeling today, it is so over whelming. To know for sure that I am going to be with Jesus when I leave this earth. Nothing matters except being with Him. Even death is possible to come to terms with once you have truly accepted Jesus as your Savior, His Spirit is so over whelmingly Beautiful and peaceful.
Friday, May 16, 2014
"People are often unreasonable and selfcentered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are Honest, people may cheat you. Be Honest anyway.
If you find Happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best that you have and it may never be good enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between You and God. It is never between you and them anyway."
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the sake of the faith of God's elect and the knowledge of the truth that is in accordance with godliness, in the hope of eternal life that God, who never lies, promised before the ages began—in due time he revealed his word through the proclamation with which I have been entrusted by the command of God our Savior,
To Titus, my loyal child in the faith we share:
Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.
Titus in Crete
I left you behind in Crete for this reason, so that you should put in order what remained to be done, and should appoint elders in every town, as I directed you: someone who is blameless, married only once, whose children are believers, not accused of debauchery and not rebellious. For a bishop, as God's steward, must be blameless; he must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or addicted to wine or violent or greedy for gain; but he must be hospitable, a lover of goodness, prudent, upright, devout, and self-controlled. He must have a firm grasp of the word that is trustworthy in accordance with the teaching, so that he may be able both to preach with sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict it.
There are also many rebellious people, idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision; they must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for sordid gain what it is not right to teach. It was one of them, their very own prophet, who said,
“Cretans are always liars, vicious brutes, lazy gluttons.”
That testimony is true. For this reason rebuke them sharply, so that they may become sound in the faith, not paying attention to Jewish myths or to commandments of those who reject the truth. To the pure all things are pure, but to the corrupt and unbelieving nothing is pure. Their very minds and consciences are corrupted. They profess to know God, but they deny him by their actions. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.
For these verses hold true to me and I try my best to live as God would have me to live by them. I am a simple woman of this time and when I read God's Holy word I try to make sure as to what version of the Bible that I am reading to cross reference it with several others. Before passing it on. I truly hope you enjoy the reading.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and regarded others with contempt: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even look up to heaven, but was beating his breast and saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other; for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Get An Email Alert Each Time SURVIVOR61 Posts