Wednesday, January 09, 2013
Soo, falling off the wagon is something that many people trying to lose weight do but I am not going to let that happen. Everybody can hold me to that, I will reach my goal!
Last year I started out strong, losing 60lbs from Jan-June. Once the summer hit I started dating a new guy and going out a little more, eating a little more and working out a little less. I havent gained any weight but I havnet lost any either. I would say I was going to eat healthy and something would come up.
Summer brought bonfires and stag and does and themeparks so I used baseball and a nightly run/walk to keep everything in check.
Fall brought me fairs, festivals, and comfort foods. At this point I was lucky I have an active job which is why I maintained a stable weight.
December, was the worst. Food everywhere! At work there was a constant buffett of delicious foods and decadent deserts for a solid two weeks but yet I still havent gained any weight, though I havent lost either.
Soo back to today. At the beginning of January I started eating healthy again. It stuck to healthy eating very well last year and I will do that once again to reach my goal weight and then maintain it. I have an active job so that helps me out a lot and I do enjoy working out. Last year after I had lost 30lbs and started to feel more comfortable, I started taking an interval boxing class. I am still enjoying my boxing classes every Monday night. Fitness has never been an issue for me. I can run longer and train harder then most of my "skinny" friends.
Since fitness isnt the problem in maintaining a healthy weight, we all know what I have the most difficulty with. FOOD! I have been addicted to food since I was young. I was teased growing up and it brought me comfort. Now I know I need to use certain tools to help me in my weight loss. I keep an up-to-date and accurate food journal.
I have many goals for this year but when it comes to losing and then maintaining my weight my goals are to..
1. Keep an accurate and up-to-date food diary
2. Drink water!
3. Make healthy food choices
4. Designate one "cheat" meal so I dont feel deprived
5. Reach my goal weight (-50)
6. Tone! I dont want to have a skinny body, I want to have a fit body
7. Stay fit with my son, and teach him to make healthy food choices
8. Run! I want to start jogging on a daily basis once spring comes and in the meantime I will go to the gym and use my own elliptical.
9. Keep taking pictures!
10. No fast food, if I am in a bind I will find a healthy alternative like going to a grocery store and buying a premade salad.
So those are my goals. I have lost -60 so far and am over the half way mark! I promise I will be a success story!