Friday, August 10, 2012
Well for me the past year has been life changing!! I have lost 103lbs this past year! For the First time in my life! Sure I have lost alittle weight here and there and most times gained some if not all back. All because I didn't have the tools to change the mistakes I was making and would always go back to bad habits. In this past year I have learned so much! Before now I use to think I couldn't do it.. after trying so many times and felling so many times. But something was different this time. Yes I have determination, and for the most part I have the will power!! But Spark people gave me the much needed tools! And All the wonderful people on SP have given me the inspiration and the extra kick of motivation I needed!
Now don't get me wrong I am still learning. And I still have another 107lbs to go to make it to a healthy weight for some one my age and height. And even tho I have lost weight and I feel so much better!! I still have the fight ahead of me. And I know I can't give up!! If I can lose 134lbs total (103lbs being with SP) so far then I can certainly lose the other 107lbs!!! And my friends if I can do this SO CAN YOU!!!
I am no pro at this by far! But I can tell you what has been working for me.
1. Drinking lots of water.. most days I get 12 to 14-- 8 oz glasses a day but I do try to drink more.
2. working out.. even on the days I just don't want to!
2/3 days a week ST 3/5 Days a week Cardio..
my workouts include.. when I first started out.. at 360lbs I started with a recumbent bike, and ST with 10lb dumbbells, I also do many of the ST workouts SP provides.. like: close arm wall push ups, dumbbell side bends, standing and lying abductions.. and many more. Also now I have added an Elliptical in my work outs.. I push mow our yard once a week. & tend to our flower gardens. I also from time to time play wii bowling, boxing and Just dance 2 & 3. Kettlebells,
Theses days I just stay as active as I can! Weather it be working out, cleaning house, swimming, gardening.. anything to stay moving helps lol
3. tracking everything!! it is very helpful to know what you are putting in your body!
4. using this web site and following what it says to do.. it has been so helpful in so many ways,,, you need inspiration, motivation, friends who know what your going threw, tips, advice, what ever you need its HERE!!!!
5. eating healthy as I can and NOT over doing it! & Lowering my calorie needs as I lose weight.. Like SP recommends
6. One of the most important things that has help me is not over-thinking it and STRESSING every little thing!! Just knowing that okay we make mistakes and were gonna have bad days. But tomorrow is Always a NEW Day and there are no mistakes too big to fix!!! Just keep trying!!!
7. Also watching my sodium!
8. also Keeping to a strict sleep schedule.. when I say that I mean I try to go to bed the same time every night and get up the same time every morning.. always trying for 8 hours of sleep no more no less.
Okay so like I said theses are the things that have been helping me. I know everyone is different. And I hope this helps answer some of the questions I received in my blog!!
Okay so after my last blog .. "Photos of me from a year ago and today." I have to say I wasn't thinking anything about it when I posted the pictures and I am not sure its even sunk in with me yet that I have lost so much weight. I think I just keep looking at how much I have to go. Not how much I have lost and I think alot of us do that.
I just have to say that I posted those pictures after a few friends had asked to see new pics.. with no thought what so ever of so many SP seeing the blog and commenting! I m still in awe over all the wonderful comments and friend request I have been getting. And I just wanted to say THANK YOU to you all for all the wonderful comments and the Friend adds! I never in a million years thought I would be here, doing this! Nor would I have thought I would be giving inspiration to so many. WOW is all I can say.. I am at lost for words!
So again a HUGE THANK YOU to You ALL! It might take me months but I do plan on commenting back to you all.
PS. I made it to 249.5 lbs today!! 8-10-2012 I m so excited! 99.5 lbs to go to get to 150lbs!! WOO HOO that gives me 141.5lbs gone (total weight loss)