Friday, March 14, 2014
Okay, today was Accountability Day in a group I'm in, and I'm sharing it far and wide (bad choice of words?) so that I keep seeing it as a reminder!
I wasn't going to weigh-in, but I need to know where I am, and what I need to overcome. I gained a lot when I was back in my hometown for a couple weeks, and then the subsequent time I've been home because of emotional eating aspects and lack of sticking to exercise. Once habits are broken, they are so hard to re-establish. Anyway. I am 9 pounds up from my lowest weight, which was taken 12/19/13. Of this, 7.2 pounds were gained between the time I left for Madison and today. There, it's on the table. Now I deal with it.
Action steps for this week:
1. Nutrition: Get back into the habit of tracking EVERYTHING I eat. Down to every teaspoon of Nutella. Try to make better food choices, but this week, focus on the tracking habit.
2. Exercise: Get back into the habit of daily exercise, within my limitations. Right now, I have that pesky torn rotator cuff and subsequent tendonosus, and I can't do the cardio kickboxing I was loving so much, or anything else that has flailing arms. Getting a decent calorie burn is difficult. Add in the chronic disease issues and it just makes it difficult. (Not excuses, just reality.) But that doesn't mean I can't do at least something, and something is better than nothing. 10 minutes a day is what I will start with. If I feel like I need to stop after that point, I will, but I've found that once I get going, I don't want to stop that soon.
3. Accountability: Post for accountability. Keep everything on the table and don't hide from it. Don't shy away from weighing in (ONLY WEEKLY THOUGH DARN IT), because it's only when we know what we're up against that we can tackle our issues.
4. Psychological: Derive 2 or 3 positive health-related affirmations, and repeat them to myself at least twice daily in front of the mirror: when I wake up, and when I go to bed.
5. Most importantly: Forgive myself, and love myself. I'm human, and yes, I can make mistakes. (I know, I know. I'm just as shocked as you are about this! ;) ) But I need to focus on what I've accomplished in total, even if there's a bump in the road right now. Focusing on the positive will help make it easier to regain control.
I can only go up (down?) from here.
Friday, February 07, 2014
Welp, I am up 2.4 pounds since I last weighed in on December 19. BUT, I've had interesting measurement changes. Lost a half an inch from my hips, lost a half an inch from my waist. I GAINED a half an inch on my thigh, and a half an inch on my calf.....BUT I've been doing strength training again. So I'm surmising that I've actually been pretty close to maintaining this whole time, and the gain that I've had is negligible considering the strength training, and the positive change in measurements in some areas (lower in hips and waist; higher in areas I'd expect from strength training). My short term goal was to hit my final goal by my birthday next week. It's not going to happen, and that's okay.
Friday, December 20, 2013
It's been a while since I've posted an update. My weight has been stable over the past few months. Slight ups and down, with an overall slow trend down. Today's weigh-in was note-worthy though!
Today's weigh-in showed a loss of 0.6 pounds, making a total of 85.4 pounds released since 3/1/12, and 120.4 pounds GONE from my highest recorded weight.
Today's weigh-in FINALLY puts my weight below 150 pounds, and also puts it in the "normal" BMI range for probably the first time in my life except for when I was a preemie. Yes, I know the BMI scale is stupid. But it still sucks to see yourself listed as "overweight" when you're really not anymore. Anyway, this meets my last short-term goal, past the date I originally wanted to hit it, but before the more realistic date I set when it was clear my body was being stubborn.
Next up: Final goal weight of 145, which I am hoping to hit around my birthday in mid-February. I'm kind of bummed I haven't hit my final goal yet; I was hoping it would be by the end of 2013. But I'm okay with it. I've learned that the closer one gets to a goal weight, the slower it is in that final stretch. But as many have always said: This is not a sprint. It's a marathon!
Friday, October 25, 2013
Woo! Weigh-in day shows I am down 2.2 pounds from my previous weight, after having no change for the past couple weeks. This means I have released 83.4 pounds since 3/1/12, and a total of 118.4 pounds GONE from my highest recorded weight. I am 6.6 pounds from my tentative goal. And at the rate I've been going, it might be a while before I hit that, but I'll get there. I'm just pleased there was a loss this week!
Friday, October 04, 2013
Weigh-in day. 1.6 pounds down from last week, making me under 155 pounds now. Total released since 3/1/12: 81.2 pounds. That makes 116.2 pounds GONE from my highest recorded weight.
A few measurements this month went down; a half inch each from my waist, my hips, the area above my navel, and my upper arm. Still working, but patience is not my strong point. I am 8.8 pounds from my "goal weight", but that might change up or down depending.
But yay, good week for fitness results!
Get An Email Alert Each Time TIDESONG Posts