Sunday, June 10, 2012
Today's assignment is to list all the reasons you want to lose weight. What do you want to change? How do you want to look? How do you want to feel? What things will you be able to do in the future with a slimmer healthier body? And list all the OTHER things that you want to change!
I accomplished the Spring challenge and had a gradual weight loss each week..sometimes only half a pound a week. I felt so good about this accomplishment and also got under the 200# mark.
Here are my reasons for wanting to lose weight...
1. Mainly to get healthier. I have been so sick these past couple of years. Over 3 years ago, I started SP and lost 47lbs...when I got sick that next winter, I quit and gained it all back plus some..
2. I want to be able to wear some smaller clothes instead of the same old size 20's. It is so hard to find decent looking clothes in the larger sizes.
3. I want my husband and family to be proud of me and my accomplishments. They love me as I am but not sure I don't embarrass them at times.
4. I want to get more physically fit so I don't lose my other joints and become wheel chair bound.
5. I want to be able to go hiking again with my sister.
6. We have a queen size bed and sometimes feel like there is no room in the bed. I want us both to fit the bed.
What do I want to change?
1. I have already changed alot of my eating habits, but want to continue to eat more fruit and veggies and continue it during the winter months.
2. I want to cut out sugar completely from my diet. (not sure this will be possible but willing to try).
3. In the spring challenge I went from 10minutes of walk time to an average of 20minutes. I want to increase this to at least 30 minutes.
How do I want to feel and look?
1. I want my joints, especially my feet and back to quit hurting.
2. I want to be able to wear smaller size clothing and to dress up more and not look so slouchy.
3. I want to have more energy to do the things I love.
What I hope to accomplish in the future is to get back to walking and hiking more often and spend more time with my sister.