Saturday, August 04, 2012
I just read an article here on SP about 10 Strategies for Success.
1. Start Small.....We tend to make our goals so large sometimes that they become unattainable..so we need to start with smaller goals we can reach..Say 2-4 pounds lost a month, 10minute daily walks..these are the ones I have started out with and have stuck with since January..it is slow but its progress.
2. Get it on paper......better yet post it on your SP page front and center for everyone to see and it will keep you accountable.
3. Focus on everyday habits......if you make a goal of eating more fiber every day for a week then focus on this every day..don't overload yourself with too many goals at a time..but keep focused on those you do make..make it a habit..after 30 days it should become second nature to you.
4. Always see your goal....write it down and post it on your bathroom mirror or refrigerator or in bold letters on your SP page..but always think about your goal and what you have to do to obtain it.
5. Be consistent.....if you decide to walk everyday then do it at the same time every day..if you measure your food, never skip a time where you measure thinking you can eyeball it and be fine..or if you plan to drink more water, then keep water with you at all time and be consistent in all you do.
6. Never Stop Learning....there is so much information in the world today and so much we can learn about getting healthy and doing the right thing for our bodies..SP has lots and lots of info and why I love SP so much.
7. Come out os seclusion.....sometimes when we are overweight we tend to hide from others..we will cover our fat with loose baggy clothes..we will not tell anyone what we are doing and when we eat, we sometimes hide to eat as we dont'others to know how much we really eat..but if we are open about everything like many of us here then we not only help ourselves to seem real but we help others in the same walk they are doing.
8. Allow for Setbacks....sure we aren't going to do it right every single minute of every day...it is a struggle and sometimes we lose that struggle...but instead of just chunking it all and saying "whats the use?" and use it as an excuse to pig out or skip a walk..we need to realize we all have times where we take a step backwards..but learn from our mistakes and realize noone is perfect and get back to it and do it right the next time around.
9. Trust your plan....if you have set good goals that are attainable you need to trust that plan to work,...you may not see much in the way of weight loss and it may be slow as snails..but if we keep trusting that it will work...then later one down the road we will realize hey I've lost this much or hey I can walk a mile or hey I can run a marathon..etc..
10. Have fun!!! Always remember to have fun..find ways to have fun exercising..one I watch here does alot with a hula hoop and it sure looks like she is having so much fun..I noticed the ad for the Bollywood exercise so I'm taking the plunge and buying those CD's as it looks like so much fun and not so hard on the joints..Find ways to prepare your food that makes it fun..be a kid again..try new veggies and fruit..just have fun getting healthy.