I was talking to someone last week and they are having trouble with "letting go" of a favorite food -- a soft drink.
I shared with them my experiences with coffee AND ...
I used to drink coffee with a HUGE amount of Coffeemate. This, I... Read more
* To better your program?
* To better your performance against program?
* To make your program more efficient?
* To make your program easier?
* Do I ask these questions of me?
* I am asking these questions of me! Read more
Because "attention" can be used at least two ways in English.
1. The cognitive "stuff" that gets applied to problems, learning, skill development, etc.
2. "I have an important thing to tell you, listen up."
For Americans, used to ... Read more
* If you apply your energy, focus, creativity, time, and computer skills, etc. to inspirational words, pictures, web links, and other artifice, there is no doubt that you can collect, write, and otherwise call attention to a limitless number of ... Read more
Have you noticed the various backgrounds on my blogs?
It's hard to tell from looking at them with the super-imposed web pagelet, but they are always tessellated. That is, they always form a perfect seamless tiling. Tessellations, like the m... Read more
Goals & Objectives
Goal: I want to be fitter.
* I want to lose 50 pounds
* I want to change my eating behavior, permanently
* I want to be more active
* I want to be able to walk for a... Read more
Thank you, AlexTheHun, for your comment on my previous post on Iteration/Recursion vs. Obsession/Compulsion. As usual, I was unclear.
As will be the case from now on, I will attempt (KEY WORD!), if at all, to organize all my posts as ideas... Read more
Iteration: to carry out the same steps repeatedly in the the service of some objective.
Recursion: Often involves iteration, but the steps are adjusted as the goal is reached.
Iteration allows you to take small st... Read more
* Not in office! Witness Bill Bradley.
* Elizabeth Warren spoke up; Wall Street still got what they wanted.
* A few try, but most who do have the gumption, get lost in the noise.
* Why can't these people stay in office?
.--To... Read more
* People of lower economic status tend not to vote. (They don't even register.)
* Unions and the civil rights movement, historically, have tended to counteract this. Neither is a significant force, any longer, especially for people of lower ec... Read more
Online & SparkPeople Lexicon Text, including Acronyms & Emoticons
2013-05-13 (Last Updated 2014-12-13, 18:59:52, v16)
Apparently, there are folks who have read blogs or other posts
and are confused by TLAs and emoticons. Ergo (;-)): ... Read more
ANAICT, the reason that Tuna labels have serving sizes that are not integral of contents, e.g., 2.2 servings per can, is to create a servings size, such that, the mercury content falls within acceptable guidelines.
I believe that similar mi... Read more