|Incentive/Rewards Program – Quick Start Guide
Many companies have found that one of the keys to any successful wellness program is the existence of some sort of incentive/rewards program that motivates and encourages participation among employees.
Thanks to SparkPeople’s desire to SPARK the American workforce to become healthier and more productive, your company can now have a simple rewards program using SparkPoints as a platform.
To set-up an incentive/rewards program today, follow these easy steps:
- 1. Set up a SparkTeam for your company
- 2. Promote SparkPeople and your company SparkTeam to your employees. There are some free promotional materials available at:
- Determine what sort of incentives/rewards you’ll be able to offer your employees. Also, decide whether they will be given to all employees who hit a minimum threshold or whether you will give a finite number of rewards away and raffle them off to anyone who attains the minimum number of SparkPoints. Some examples of common rewards include:
- Gift cards/certificates
- iPod Raffle
- Discount on employee paid health insurance premiums
- Cash rewards
- Decide how long your challenges will be based on or how often you’ll be awarding the incentives/rewards (monthly, quarterly?).
- Set the minimum number of SparkPoints required to be considered for the incentive or reward (as a baseline, 500 points over a month is a challenge for most). This number may need to be adjusted from month to month based on results.
- 6. Use the SparkTeam Leaderboard to see who has achieved the required SparkPoints each month – this can be viewed from your SparkTeam homepage.
- Have those employees who reach the minimum threshold for SparkPoints achieved during the period contact your rewards/incentives administrator to claim their reward or get signed up for a raffle (depending on your prizes and structure).