Regarding poison ivy. If you get it on your legs or feet, get rid of the shoes/socks you were wearing at the time. A few years ago, I was wearing sandals and inadvertently came into contact with poison ivy. I treated it with Zanfel, and it cleared up after a while. I couldn't wear those sandals because they rubbed my feet where I had the rash.
A couple of weeks later, after it had cleared up, I wore those sandals again - and got poison ivy again. I did not know that the oils from the poison ivy would stay on the leather straps of my sandals. Needless to say, the sandals went into the garbage!!!
- 6/9/2010 2:06:09 PM