Health A-Z

Medical Content Created by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School


When to Call A Doctor

Call your doctor or gynecologist if you experience:

  • Unusual and severe pain just before or during your menstrual period

  • Pelvic or abdominal pain

  • Abnormally heavy menstrual periods

  • Vaginal spotting

  • Any other symptom of endometriosis

Also contact your doctor if you have been unable to conceive a child after one year of unprotected intercourse.

Page 7 of 9     Next Page:  Endometriosis Prognosis
Click here to to redeem your SparkPoints
  You will earn 5 SparkPoints
From Health A-Z, Harvard Health Publications. Copyright 2007 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved. Written permission is required to reproduce, in any manner, in whole or in part, the material contained herein. To make a reprint request, contact Harvard Health Publications. Used with permission of StayWell.

You can find more great health information on the Harvard Health Publications website.