Health A-Z

Medical Content Created by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School


When to Call A Doctor

Although products to treat crab lice infestations are available over the counter, it is a good idea to consult your health care professional if you suspect you may be infested because you also may have another sexually transmitted disease. You also should consult someone if your symptoms are especially severe, and should follow up with your health care professional to be sure the infestation has been treated successfully.

Page 7 of 9     Next Page:  Pubic Lice Or Crab Lice Prognosis
Click here to to redeem your SparkPoints
  You will earn 5 SparkPoints
From Health A-Z, Harvard Health Publications. Copyright 2007 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved. Written permission is required to reproduce, in any manner, in whole or in part, the material contained herein. To make a reprint request, contact Harvard Health Publications. Used with permission of StayWell.

You can find more great health information on the Harvard Health Publications website.