Health A-Z

Medical Content Created by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School


When to Call A Doctor

Call your health care professional if you have symptoms of Raynaud's. Your doctor will tell you more about Raynaud's and will diagnose or rule out associated diseases.

If you have been diagnosed with Raynaud's, see your doctor if you have any unusual symptoms. These include severe redness, inflammation or open sores.

Seek emergency care if you have:

  • Color changes

  • Numbness or tingling in your arms or legs that does not go away within minutes after the area is warmed

Page 7 of 9     Next Page:  Raynaud's Phenomenon Prognosis
Click here to to redeem your SparkPoints
  You will earn 5 SparkPoints
From Health A-Z, Harvard Health Publications. Copyright 2007 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved. Written permission is required to reproduce, in any manner, in whole or in part, the material contained herein. To make a reprint request, contact Harvard Health Publications. Used with permission of StayWell.

You can find more great health information on the Harvard Health Publications website.