Here are some alternative gifts for a loved one with diabetes.
Read the Story
- FDA to Investigate Diabetes Drug Saxagliptin for Possible Heart Failure Risk
Marketed as Onglyza and Kombiglyze XR, drug appears to have no effect on heart attack or stroke risk
- Obesity's Link to Type 2 Diabetes Not So Clear-Cut: Study
Most participants developed condition after being overweight for years, not after large recent gain
- Preemie Birth Linked to Higher Insulin Levels in Kids
These babies could be at increased risk of diabetes later in life, study suggests
- Scientists Spot 7 New Regions of DNA Tied to Type 2 Diabetes
Researchers suggest their findings could lead to the development of new treatments for the disease
- Many New Mothers Skip Important 6-Week Checkup, Study Finds
At these appointments, obstetrician reviews pregnancy, makes transition to primary care
- Scientists Generate Insulin-Producing Cells in Diabetic Mice
If early results translate to humans, need for daily injections might be eliminated in future, researchers say
- Is Technology Creating a World of Sickly Couch Potatoes?
Study found people in emerging nations with TVs, computers and cars more likely to be obese, have diabetes
- Could Low-Fat Yogurt Help Ward Off Diabetes?
British study also found reduced risk with other fermented dairy products
- Blood Sugar Monitoring System Approved for Children
However, device didn't perform as well in kids as in adults, FDA says
- Shivering, Like Exercise, May Help Boost Weight Loss
When you shiver, your body converts white fat to healthier brown fat, study finds
Browse Health News by Category: